Weekly Decals?

Not just decorations and such, entire vehicles that haven’t been available for years that just don’t get played anymore and you cannot get in any way.

They also drop the ball hard on camos, tons of vehicles without any sort of camo option or excessively lazy ones, and then you have to rely on marketplace skins to get something other than the default which is either going to be 20 cents or 30 dollars.

Or things like this where they charge money and you struggle to even find a difference, but only below the wings it’s a different color.

3 Likes

Bring these back please!

2 Likes

no concrete news at the moment, too early in the year and I think Devs celebrate different holidays compared to other parts of the world this time of year

But, as mentioned before, the Devs are aware that players do look forward to the weekly Decals and may work towards that during this year, all we can say is just stay tuned to the news this year

Also, players could make suggestions for what type of decals they want to see

Looks like you mentioned a pending suggestion, if you do have concerns about it still being pending, then feel free to PM Suggestion Moderators and they maybe able to answers questions about it still pending etc

3 Likes

All marketplace skins can be downloaded for free from War Thunder Live

Also, you can make suggestions for what camouflage options you want to see for certain aircraft

That does seem odd… you may have to check with a Tech Mod about that, in case it is a bug… sometimes there can be a bug that does not display the correct camouflage or it could be a mistake in making a duplicate camouflage

The thing with Japanese Prototypes, is that they should be a type of Orange colour… so this does seem like it is Bug that should be reported

All marketplace skins can be downloaded for free from War Thunder Live

I mean there is a difference between marketplace skins and downloaded skins.

this does seem like it is Bug that should be reported

I never know what is a bug and what is intended, it’s definitely not the only lazy skin out there.

This one is all green

And this one has a grey wing.

But you also have things like the A-5C

And you can buy a skin that just swaps out decals.

At that point I’d rather pay for a version without decals so I can put on my own… if only China had some…

1 Like

As I mentioned, the prototype skin should be Yellowish/Orange, so obviously wrong skin was used and so would be a bug

For most factory painted and then exported aircraft, the camouflage pattern tends to be very similar, there can be small variations in the paint scheme between all aircraft with that same factory painted camouflage schemes / patterns

F-4 Phantom IIs in South East Asia (SEA) camouflage scheme are a good example, there are slight variations in the SEA camouflage scheme between all aircraft painted in it

I am not sure how varied the camouflage scheme between all aircraft are for other countries tho…

Someone could put in a report for Gaijin to make more variations in the camouflage pattern for one or both aircraft, just so there is slight difference

As I mentioned, the prototype skin should be Yellowish/Orange, so obviously wrong skin was used and so would be a bug

Looks like the other Prototype has been removed from the game for some reason, and the naval testing one is actually intended like this, so it’s always a thin line between bugs and features in this game.

I am not sure how varied the camouflage scheme between all aircraft are for other countries tho

Mostly non-existent anyways out of major nations as most only have the default options and only a few have alternate skins or marketplace options.

The Me 163 of all things has this though, which I don’t feel justifies a price tag.

I still wish us russian mains could have an actual soviet flag in the game. Only version of the hammer and sickle is the one given out on the anniversary of WW2.

1 Like

I came here to ask what happened to the weekly decals.

I don’t even want to have the community toiling to research new ones or decal devs(? visual effects devs?), I’d just like the have the weekly cycle repeat if they have to for the moment.

For reference, the last official weekly decal cycle included the JPN ‘Tomoe’ for the 2nd time ever. In 5 years!. I’ve been fiendishly completing objectives for the JPN decals, but I’ve definitely missed some and would appreciate getting another go at the old ones. Also as time goes on and I’ve moved to other Nation’s branches, a chance to go after the other decals now that I’m interested in those trees would be amazing.

3 Likes

Big +1 for just re-running the decals that we’ve already seen to give players a chance at earning ones they missed.

Also think it would be fun to do this on a suggestion basis for new decals!

I do not know weekly Decals , only monthly Decals in the past.
But I would love to see them back again, old ones and of course new ones.
That can’t be that difficult to do.

2 Likes

Yes, I should clarify because I cannot edit my previous post

I meant the monthly cycle but I misread the dates and assumed weekly, my bad.

In any case, regular decal challenges should come back. Personally I prefer them to the current challenges you have to grind through to get a unique profile picture that barely anyone sees. Both can work in tandem!

3 Likes

They should return the old stickers, many people miss them and never get them again

2 Likes

How to submit a report to them? Issues don’t work, I’ve always wanted to tell them that the digital camouflage saturation of the 99A is too high, and I also hope they can add digital camouflage to other vehicles

So whatever happened to this? It’s now almost halfway through the year and there is no news about historic decals being returned? I have been waiting for the 79th Armored Division decal making a return

3 Likes

this is even more relevant

Why is it so difficulty for them to just rerun all the old Decals until new ones come around.
Problem solved.

Ah my beloved ww2 japanes tank decals i missed.

1 Like

This whole “we only pamper to the majority and nothing else, minority opinions get zero attention” is ludicrous and is one of the biggest things making this game less enjoyable by the day.

Zero reason they can’t do re-runs besides the fact their entire business model basically rides on fear of missing out.

The Pennate is used on aircraft compared to the roundel on the tanks afaik. Tbh I don’t really know why, I’m pretty sure it’s because the aircraft are all export compared to some of the ground vehicles.