Weekly Decals?

So, are weekly decals going to come back?

With Hungary now a minor nation they need a lot more decals.
Especially the modern ground forces roundel.

On a related note why do the planes and the ground vehicles have a different symbol before the nameplate?

18 Likes

They’ve been gone for pretty much the entire year now I think.
Probably too much effort for them to keep going, gotta focus on what thing to copy paste for the next event.

8 Likes

It’s just not that hard…

1 Like

It’s not how hard it is in an absolute sense, it’s how hard it is relative to the payoff. I don’t think i remember seeing another player use a single weekly historical decal in … ever, I can’t remember the last time I EVER saw one in a game, actually.

If almost 0% of people use them, and they’re making like $5 off of it, then it’s not worth paying the interns $100 to do it

Uh, first off, this is anecdotal. Second off, almost every player I know uses them on multiple vehicles for multiple nations.

5 Likes

You do realize that that we have had Community Member(s) (fellow players) that have worked very hard on the decals in the past right ?? go and read the blogs and you will see who the community artist is…

so… your not insulting Gaijin, but the players that have worked on them… so, just keep somethings in mind…

1 Like

Yeah, the people that did most of the work and research but also don’t know where they have gone, who wonder where they are because they:

haven’t seen anything posted on our internal forum since then…so I’m wondering if internal politics/dev scheduling conflicts have gotten in the way

The game needs so many more decals added. I like adding decals to my vehicle’s to make them look historic, like the community skins.

Plus the ability to create your own unit number’s which act as a single decal would be great.

10 Likes

I love to make mine historic too. I love using Decals to basically create a historical skin everyone can see.

Unit number has been a community request for a long time. I’m pretty sure there are concerns about creating endless profanity with l33t speak.

2 Likes

I know you just moderate forums, but do you know what’s up with this? I also like having the goals of unlocking weekly decals. I miss this and with Hungary now a minor TT I would love to see some Hungarian options.

I do not have any news right now… but I will ask o7

So, got a bit of news about it… Devs are aware that players do look forward to the weekly Decals, unfortunately wont be anything new for the rest of this year, but just stay tuned to the news for the next year

5 Likes

Nice, so there is hope! Defo need more decals.

3 Likes

Is this to say there’s plans for a return, this year?

2 Likes

Wow, I forgot about weekly decals. I hope they come back, there were a lot of really cool decals introduced in that method.

4 Likes

Maybe I can get more than a singular decal for China when they come back as for some reason we do not get any.

1 Like

China has quite a few actually…

…but unless you did the monthly decal grind when it dropped, you can’t get them ever again.
Gaijin should allow users to purchase otherwise hidden, locked or non-super special event decals for the standard 200GE if they missed the chance back then. What is the point in these decals being in game, if only a very select few can ever have them, and everyone else just gets a marginally bigger file size for their game with nothing to show for it?

No idea why they would put literally all of their decals behind a monthly grind when there are practically none available otherwise.

5 Likes

It’s insane. So many great decals that had a lot of effort put into their creation, and only ~30 days for users to get them or they’re gone forever. I’d much rather they be purchasable after the month for the standard 200GE like every other decal in the game

Brilliant idea.

1 Like

I’ve got a pending suggestion for the idea, as I find it insane that the game has dedicated so much resources to customisation, be it 3D decorations, Camos or 2D decals, only to limit the amount of customisation to a now discontinued event that only allowed you 30 days or less to grind for and obtain, and never again.

I’m a huge fan of customising my British tanks and planes to look as accurate as possible to IRL references, yet Gaijin has elected to make it so you can’t obtain pretty much any decal post 1944 for 99% of their countries. Actual modern decals that apply to the majority of the playerbase are straight-up hidden and locked for no good reason.

My suggestion is pretty straight forward.
ALL previously ran decals for the historical monthly decal events to return to the game and be purchasable via GE. We missed the chance to get them for free, but 200GE is the standard decal price and I think that’s more than fair. You can buy the ones you want, and leave the rest.

Faction Decals to return to the game for players who meet the old criteria. If you purchased the British A12 pack back in the day, you got lovely little vehicle numbers, some squadron markers and some emblems. Same went for Germany, USA and USSR back in the day. These were hidden and now are only available as a camo, not decal. No good reason why we can’t buy these either - 200GE again, and adds a wealth of customisation with 0 effort.They’re already in the game remember, just unusable for 99% of players.

Finally, Monthly decals to return, with new content. Old content can be purchased, new content can be grinded for in the usual event fashion as if it never left.

Special event decals to remain unobtainable (unless marketplace) however: See things like event decals, April Fools decals, etc.

More customisation for players. More money for Gaijin. Win Win.

6 Likes