VEXTRA 105: A Major Disappointment That Can Still Be An Exciting Addition!

will the reload be change or is it blocked due to balance consideration?

2 Likes

Yep, I completely agree. Also, in the long-term if French high-tier vehicles have battle ratings which are more dispersed the devs have a greater incentive to fill those gaps and shore up line-ups. Right now we rarely see any French high-tier additions at all.

5 Likes

Reload needs unfucking. This thing may be good in plenty of ways, but that reload would cripple it in any line tbch.

5 Likes

Agreed. There’s no reason for the long reload except for it being French (as always)…

4 Likes

This thing has paid even more of a price for being a minor nation vehicle than the Italian wheeled tank destroyers, which is pretty astounding.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, France got different Camouflage nettings that could be used to match camouflages on Vextra? Looking at it, the brown really only works on the desert cam. I doubt they’d implement it, but it would be nice if other netting was present to match these other options near enough.

The internet is being incredibly unhelpful in tracking down this information, so curious if any of you folk have it.

4 Likes

AFAIK, the Vextra in game is the UAE demonstrator, so it was specifically made for desert operations (to sell it to the UAE along side the Leclerc) hence why I don’t think we will see another net color

1 Like

If we can find the specific type of netting “barracuda” or another, and if it is available in other colors/patterns then they will probably accept the suggestion, and likely simply make it fade into camouflage options a little more like changing the opacity in photoshop blend or screen mode in layers.

1 Like

I obviously voted yes but I want to give a few other reasons : French 9.0-9.7 already has vehicles (namely the AMX 30 Super, AMX 32s and premium VBCI). This lineup is already pretty nice and could easily be filles by other, less performant light vehicles than the Vextra (some VBCI, MARS 15, AMX 10 RCT40…) with minimal efforts from the devs. However, from 10.0 onwards, it’s completely empty. The Roland, at 10.0 is a lonely SAM that can’t fit in lower br brackets. There are also several interesting French CAS planes that are at this BR but with no other ground forces to make them playable (without having to over tier you 9.7 and below vehicles).
I also believe this 10.0-11.3 gap can be quite easily fixed, but just need a push, that is, a first vehicle to enter the bracket.
So, having the Vextra, a very performant platform is the perfect entry door. The Vextra could also be joined with the AMX 40 if this tank finally received its long lost composite armor and assisted loader on its 120mm, making it also a viable 10.3+ option. We already have a usable SAM, the Roland, although this one also has fixable issues (elevation mainly) and planes to cover the skies. The only missing piece in all this would be an helicopter (aside from the premium Tiger), but this could be covered by having the French HAP becoming a tech tree helicopter and converting the French HAP into the Australian one.
All in all, it’s still surprising to me that the devs won’t improve the reload of the AMX 40 (and Vextra as of now) to be at least on par or slightly better than their OTAN counterparts considering those vehicles use assisted loading. I understand reload can be used for balance purpose, but it still need to be in line with realistic expectations.
All in all, here is my proposition. Create a new French BR bracket by :

• buffing the reload of the Vextra (along all other lined up bug fixes coming) and putting it at 10.3
  • buffing the reload of the AMX 40, re-adding its composite and putting it at 10.3
  • As a bonus, add another tech tree tiger helicopter
    Those 3 main steps are the most important, but I also believe the easiest to implement and quite reasonable
9 Likes

I’d like to see a bit lower BR light tank, for example br 9.3, not 9.7 or 10.0.
The sub-top tier is too sick right now and br 9.3 had been filled with amx-32 *2 and super 30 and santal, just need one LT to finished the lineup.
Oh, on the BR9.7/10.0, only one amx-40 and a funny VBCI.
That’s why the rooikat is goat, the Centauro is sick af.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t see why the VEXTRA’s reload is so long currently. Among VEXTRA enthusiasts, it is well known that the loader benefits from assisted loading. So the reload rate should definitely be 5.0 seconds.

And if the VEXTRA happens to be overperforming, Gaijin can still move it up to 10.3 where it will allow for a solid line-up along the Super Etendard and the Tiger HAP!

3 Likes

I wonder if the amx40 could get better ammo, only 390mm pen shell is pretty hard, unless the reload time can be buffed as well.

4 Likes

Incredible chunk of fix, can’t wait for more :p

What should be the OFL 105 F2 pen ? I’ve read there and there around 420mm and elsewhere 510mm, so…?

1 Like

7 Likes

AMX 40 would only have access to OFL 120 G1. But that’s underperforming quite significantly based on GIAT sources. It’s on the to-do list, but that list is rather long. It should be closer to ~470 KE @ 0m

In-game is 489 KE @ 0m when fired from the CN 105 G2. Funnily enough, the BRENUS’ historical ammo should be OFL 105 F2 as well which would have 495 KE @ 0m out of the CN 105 F1 :P

11 Likes

Want it)

2 Likes

Ammo buff,armor buff and possible ROF buff will make Amx-40 a true 10.3 tank.

5 Likes

Not bad at all !

1 Like

The Vextra is by far the best wheeled platform in-game. It won’t stay at 9.7 with OFL 105 F2. It’s better for vehicles to get their full capabilities and put at an appropriate BR. France has many much more appropriate options from 9.0 - 10.0 anyway:

AMX 10 RC (modèle G2) which has the same firepower as the Vextra but on a worse platform

ERC 90 NG TTB 190

ERC 90 Sagaie 2 TTB 190

VBC 90 TTB 190

These are all much better suited for the 9.0 bracket and the devs are well aware of their existence. The Vextra 105 moving up leaves room and especially a need for these vehicles to come in the near future. When we talk about the overall health of the French tree, I believe this is what is best.

13 Likes

Somebody with access to devserver could mind do some video on the new mobility and all? I’m really curious :p

1 Like