VEXTRA 105: A Major Disappointment That Can Still Be An Exciting Addition!

You hype me :p

But what about the striker ? Vextra is THAT good now even with thoses changes but no armor ?

2 Likes

Completely agree. The Vextra is a step in the right direction which France hasn’t seen in a very long time. I’m hopeful this indicates Gaijin is starting to listen. There’s also a few issues with vehicles in the current 9.0 bracket which I will report soon:

• Firstly, the AMX 40 will hopefully soon have its missing composite. Also there’s zero reason for its reload to be so long (which I made a bug report about), but the devs didn’t want to play ball.
  • Secondly, the AMX 32 (105) never actually had thermals and so that will eventually have to be moved down to a more appropriate BR giving France earlier access to a stabiliser.

All of this paves the way for more French additions to come. As we’ve seen, the devs are prepared to work on French SPAA gaps (even if a little too much) so hopefully they’re prepared to start filling the new gaps which will form in short time once French vehicles are more historically accurate. Truly, the Vextra is a beacon of hope for what was otherwise a pretty miserable reality.

7 Likes

Man… the thing is so fast and agile. It will probably only get faster once the proper gear ratios are reported. Speaking to someone who’s been driving a spaded Vextra around in test drive, they say its considerably faster than the Centauro and Stryker (which they own both of). I mean, it accelerates faster than a Fox now.

5 Likes

Apparently the vextra was supposed to be a premium first
thanks God Gaijin change their minds lol

5 Likes

I only now it’s mobility from “older” video from it’s first state.

Only drowback would be no armor at all ^^

1 Like

Perhaps explain the camo net.

But yeah thanks it’s not done like that, would have been horrible to have the second high tier light as another premium.

3 Likes

Me had they done that:

6 Likes

Eh, it will be invulnerable to all heayy MG fire which is good enough. I haven’t checked but the front probably stops some autocannons at range. No wheeled vehicle really protects against autocannons to be fair. The Vextra is certainly not a vehicle you should be dragging into a city centre anytime soon anyway…

3 Likes

I would like to ask, are there any problems with the mobility aspects of the AMX-32 105 and AMX-32 in the game? They feel really bad to drive, acceleration is slow, and slight steering can slow down a lot

1 Like

Engine power is correct and so are the gear ratios to my knowledge. Yeah, I’ve never found the AMX 32s to be especially mobile as well.

2 Likes

they just should have a lower br imo
like 8.7 and 9.0

2 Likes

The Stryker is pretty bad tbh, the thermals are fancy, and so is the dart, but the vehicle in itself is massive, poorly protected, and generally unwieldy. If you use the realistic optics placement it loses a precious few degrees of depression that are already scarce, and the commander optic is blocked by the M2 shield.

The best high tier wheeled vehicles are probably the Centauro 120, and the Type 16. With the Centauro having the best firepower, and the Type 16 being the most convenient to use thanks to a full suite of fancy features like full gen 3 thermals, LWS, and working protection against some autocanons, also a M2 on an AA mount.

The Vextra as of now beats both in mobility but not by a landslide either, but firepower wise, it would be the worst of the three, OFL F2 is close to Type 93 in performance, but the extra long reload will be a pain.
The Vextra having the same BR as the Type 16 wouldn’t be too out there in my opinion, especially considering that the Vextra is extra nice on the dev server because we’re playing a large maps with low player density, wich makes playing to the strength of a wheeled tank easier, but on live where it’ll be playing on 24/7 Shipment, the mobility will be a lot less useful.

4 Likes

~488mm of pen sound good to me ^^

5 Likes

Just a reminder that the Vextra gunner sight should have 3rd gen thermals too. But the Type 16 does have the 3rd gen CITV. Vextra’s commander sight should be stabilised and have decent zoom though so it won’t be a complete loss.

But yeah, the Type 16 does have better armour.

4 Likes

Also the vextra will lack LWS as well.
But it’s quite interesting that it can compete with both while being a 90s design while the centaurs and type 16 haven’t been in service for 10 years

2 Likes

In the end the Vextra is superior by virtue of having a less disturbing turret assymetry.

2 Likes

Vextra and the TML 105 turret were very ahead of their time to be fair. I’d unironically say the Vextra is the best wheeled armoured vehicle ever created. But when it came time for the DGA actually procuring it…

7 Likes

Also vertical targeting speed is pretty big I would say. Vextra has a nice 30°/s now.

1 Like

Is this result based on the calculator or the document? that was a huge buff, almost close to the DM33.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s not surprising. The VEXTRA 105 is a marvel of technology, or at least it was back then. Its hull was even described as “practically handcrafted” by the experts. Understandably, that made it next to impossible to industrialize its production …

5 Likes