Veak 40 ammo change

Oh, you already caught that, should have kept scrolling, oh well.

Damn thats crazy

Its almost like 105mm + shells can actually fit the big components of that era!!!

40mm bofors cannot

Name me a single 1940s, 1950s, or 1960s ship that was equipped with HE-VT for 40mm

I’m fairly positive their use, being specifically used in the Pacific Theater by war ships, that the Fuze was most certainly small enough to fit a 40mm shell. The technology is not complicated, even by early computer tech standards. The main implications of the VT fused shells, was to defend the ship from Kamikaze pilots.

There was no 40mm HE-VT bofors in ww2.

Correct, but the Americans used 40mm anti-aircraft guns on their ships, the dating of the Bofors L/60 and L/70 doesn’t matter, the date of the technology does. HE-VT, specifically “small” rounds have existed for quite a while.

Just because it existed for one example does not mean it existed for another.

Yeah, but your statement was:

Which is avidly incorrect.

Considering that Britain used HE-VT in WWII as well, and Britain and Bofors are very close, HE-VT tech would not be out of reach for Bofors.

2 Likes

I guess your context comprehension is nonexistent

Crazy but that’s not true.

VTFuzeMk53

You’re telling me this (105mm HE-VT) can fit into a 40mm with the technology of the time?

I don’t really have the time to find the video, but it’s a GE HE-VT fuse, for WWII, that for a 40mm.

Well i really need to see that video to believe any of your claims.

15 years of technology difference

🤦‍♂️

🤦🤦

In terms of miniaturization 15 years is A LOT.

If it fits a 105 in 1945, it fitting a 40mm is not out of the question in 1960.

4 Likes

If you take into consideration that solid state electronics (such as transistors) became more readily available during 60s, it’s really not that far fetched.
Even US missiles like 9J (this one is partially AFAIK since it used hybrid electronics) and 9H (This one though fully utilized solid state electronics) switched to solid state electronics compared to their ancestors which used the vacuum tubes.

The smallest VT fuse made until 1960 was 3 inch VT for USN 76mm, and even then this fuse size did not exist until far into the end of the war.

Sub 76mm VT fuses did not exist until into the late 70s.

The FACC VT fuse used for the M247 in particular, which was one of the first VT fuses of it’s size, only came to be in 1979.

This paper:

Talks about “currently in production 57mm proximity fuses” and is published in 1967. meaning they started their first production earlier than that.

as well as this:

as the lvkv 40mm VT-shell came into active service in 1975. meaning it was tested and done to the point of already done mass production.

2 Likes

You say this with incredible authority, yet you have no evidence, and in fact evidence has been posted here to the contrary.

2 Likes

I’ll believe the person with hard evidence, which is Necronomica. Still, the indecisive fact is, the L/70 & L/60 uses the same casings, and if the Veak 40 would have rolled to full production, by the time the first batch came off the lot, they would have had an extremely high chance of having a HE-VT shell ready for it, which Is very similar to the LVKV 9040 C.

2 Likes

It will take a bit to find it.