Veak 40 ammo change

Whats the best way to use the AS. 11s and equivalents? Im just starting to get into helicopters and I don’t have much luck with them.

The most dumb thing to exist. Look for spaa, then depending on range which is 3.75km fire as soon as you’re in range, then if they see you roll left and right.
Its the most mind numbing thing but by the time those rounds get near you you’re too far off left or right. I hate how that is a viable strategy but basically dont get close enough where you can move out of the way in time. Basically as long as you’re more than 2.70km away you’re insanely hard to hit the german starter heli is the (in my opinion) gold standard for a helicopter. Good mobility/agility, great missiles, good camera, and its a starter.

1 Like

Cool, thanks.

Absuse it like everyone else it disgusting and only gets more aggravating once you get helicopters that can lock on to ground/air vehicles. Thats how Ka50’s fight other helicopters and ground is by flying left and right dodging while keeping lock.

I made this just now, tribute to our fallen hero.

9 Likes

Might want to look up what Slsgr stands for
sl - spårljus- (i sammansättningar ) - tracer
s - sekund(er), spräng - explosive
gr - granat - grenade/round

HE-T

KULSGR are the HEVT rounds, they are directly above the round you sent
grafik

3 Likes

oh i know the abbreviations (I am Swedish, and military nerd). I thought the SLSGR also had a proxy fuse and not only the KULSGR. There are several versions of both.

I’d rather they kept the VEAK 8.7 as it is, and added the 12 cm lvakan fm 1 somewhere around 7.7 as a fun meme

70rpm 120mm gun. Not sure if it had HE-VT.

5 Likes

Well, I’m not sure what the point of it was if it didn’t XD

May have been a timed fuse, but yeah I guess it probably had HE-VT, certainly the naval version of the same gun did.

FFS If you are removing its HE-VT that it historically had give it its APDS with 120mm of pen at 100m and move it to 9.3!!
It had HE-I, AP-T, HE-VT, APDS as its possible ammunition belts!!

And give that Lvakan 48 its real muzzle velocity!!
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/o0C4MWEJdVPF

I made a bug report on all this and you are making it worse instead of fixing it??

What the actual frick is going through your heads!!

Hmmm, now that im searching i cant find anything about HE-VT rounds…

5 Likes

did you not notice it’s slight BR change going from 8.7 to 7.7?

it’ll be quite good down there even without HEVT

I mean we can only see. I always struggled dealing with aircraft before i unlocked the HE-VT and mostly with helikopters, otherwise the only thing in my head that would justify this would be if they finaly fixed the muzzle velocity to the standard and correct 1005~ m/s and not the incorrect 850~ m/s it doesent sound like much but it really is!

1 Like

that could be because there is no HE only belt besides the HEVT one on the VEAK

but remember at 7.7 you’re meeting slower aircraft too and helicopters will be gone

I mean the Lvkv 42 would get the same ammunition changes since they both have the same gun!

*are still present

helis at 7.7 pose no danger to the veak

There arent a lot of them that do, but they still do. Thats ignoring 75% of the matchmaking range offcourse. Only in full downtiers will you only face some helicopters posing problems.

which 7.7 helis are a problem here?

the Japanese and italian hueys? wirh only unguided rockets?

or the swedish one with 2km range?

maybe you’re actually scared of the H-34?

the lowest BR for a heli is 7.7
most starter helis are 8.3 or 8.7 so half and full uptier material

Would be these two.

Not a major problem by any means but they do exist. And thats only for 25% of the matchmaking range

Yes and only for 25% of the matchmaking range it will face some helis that pose some problems. For 75% of the range it will face more helis that pose some or more problems.

That will be the reality that vehicle will face. It will still be a good spaa, but this:

Is strictly speaking just not true.

2 Likes