US really lacks of SPAA

And the 35s have a shit rate of fire. Gepard fires one shot, M163 fires 5. Radar is good on it, sure, but there’s errors coded into its lead indicator and it’s wrong 99% of the time.

Needs a command center to function

its firerate is worse but certainly not bad, and I’d say it made up for by the ballistics and 1-shotting capabilities. from my experience, dodging an M163 is far easier and less punishing than dodging a Gepard.

The range on the 20mm is so bad though, the 35s can actually reach out.

What is the use of a SPAA when you can’t even cover the battlefield area.

1 Like

You literally get radar SPAA at 7.7 ,where it fight WWII planes and early cold war crap

Japan has nothing from 5.3 to 8.3

UK is the same

Germany has mighty Wiesel with 400 ammo

1 Like

To be fair, it isn’t exactly good. Both Sweden and Russia have radar SPAA at 7.7 too.

All nations need SPAA, the USA is an outlier because it has so little for a major nation. Germany and Russia have good AA at most BRs, while the USA has only 2 nearly identical ones between 2.7 and 7.7.

1 Like

I honestly think that if the M19/M42 had better turret traverse both horizontally and vertically then most people wouldn’t complain about the US needing a new SPAA. The RoF is not good for a single 40mm but with the dusters 2 and the fact that they get so out of sync that it somewhat makes up for it.

It is best spaa at that br since it not only fights very early jets but props when it gets downtiered and since last update Germans are always uptiered from 6.3 up