US really lacks of SPAA

You would use the two SA ones at higher BR due to the RoF of that gun, just remember SPAA is not really there to tank shots from aircraft, not everyone uses ESP settings to see all vehicles on the map at these BRs.

The other option is obvious for any SPAA lacking nations at BR; use a fighter, they work better purely in context of AA roles but with higher cost.

Just a shame fighters cost so much more

Think it would go lower, more like 1.7 with the german one. Swedish lvgbgbgbgbgbgbgb 40 has SAP with decent pen, so 2.7 is considering its ability to easily oneshot lower br tanks.

Bosvark is right there though.

I have a few things for britain too.

Inglis_20mm_Quad_AA_Gun.jpeg
Last one uses Oerlikons instead of the Polsten guns on the Skink.

1 Like

We are talking SP costs in 2024 so for a clean fighter you will not be lacking. Game gives out SP like there is no tomorrow!

Of course using as a preemptive measure is always a risk as enemy might never spawn air targets. But to me that was the game; micro decisions.

It’s not classed as SPAA, it won’t be nearly as cheap to spawn.

Other than the fact that you can pen stuff now, you’re faster, you can spot things, you reload your magazine faster, not open topped so you don’t get overpressured as easily, much more gun depression for shooting over hills, still more than enough elevation for dealing with aircraft.

But yeah doesn’t solve any problems

2 Likes

calling the M163 an SPAA is like calling the M6A1 a heavy tank. 4.0-9.0 SPAA gap is more accurate.

M163 is a great SPAA. Just wait until they get close.

1 Like

I want my mobile ground to air amraams now

800px-AIM-120_AMRAAM_P6230147

1 Like

How close? because the distance from the center point on Sinai (the small Sinai, not the sands one) to the outer edge of the battlefield is at the edge of its effective range.

Even if you’re lucky enough to actually lock som1 with the radar, it’s not accurate enough for long range shots on any1 that isn’t flying a perfectly straight line. If they are flying straight, they certainly won’t be when they see your blatant af tracer stream and distinct sound.

I’d argue that the M19A1/M42 and the M109 are both better than the M163.

Close enough that they can’t dodge. That’s the standard M.O. for pretty much all gun SPAAs that don’t have HE-VT.

Its low muzzle velocity means that distance is very small, and jets close your window of opportunity even further. if Gajin gave it its Mk.149 sabots, then that would solve the muzzle velocity problem and make it able to defend itself against some tanks.

How does this actually work? Is it a self contained system which can aquire and engage it’s own targets, independent of a battery level radar?

Nah, no search or tracking capability AFAIK. You could, in theory, just boresight them and hope that when they go into active homing on launch they’ll go for the target you wanted.

I don’t think there are SLAMRAAMs on an independently capable platform. Best you could get is one of the Stryker derivatives, I think.

vr7tutiu7no91

Take your pick of Stingers, AIM-9Xs (?), and anti air Hellfires. No search, but you get tracking.
INPjV2q
Avenger is also a good option, though even the better loadouts are really more of a Type 93 sidegrade.

It could theoretically use boresight mode, meaning you fire the AMRAAM and it locks the first thing it sees, as this requires no fire control equipment other than the launch button.

IMO it would be better if this was added alongside a radar trailer. The mechanics for trailers is already in the game, as on the Churchill Crocodile.

sentinel radar
Sentinel radar, compatible with NASAMS HML

1 Like

It’s small for pretty much any radar SPAA still. Tracers from a Gepard or any 35mm SPAA can be easily seen from even further away.

Radar trailer for Type 81 would be so nice.

1 Like

Gepard is far better radar and ballistics more than doubling its effective range. the 35mm will also 1-shot aircraft.