US Patriot System

So about a year ago, Gaijin said that the Patriot would be coming to the game but we’ve heard next to nothing about it outside of the AI getting updated models in NE, is there anything about it that we America Players can be let in on? Or can you tell us what you’re waiting on To add it since the Russian S-300/400, Isreali David’s Sling and China’s HQ-9 Family is about the only thing that rivals it and the current American Top tier SAMs are, while good and get the job done, not all that useful outside of 10km

2 Likes

Take a look at the Type 03. That is about what you can expect with the PAC 1. Would be miles worse than the NASAMS

Unfortunately I made this when I’m at work so I can’t look atm but this is more reference to the PAC-2 or 3 not too concerned about the PAC-1 version

Even then, the PAC-3 is advertised with a minimum engagement range of no less than 3km. Plus the patriot launcher cannot traverse 360° (only a 120° arc). The systems name is flashy but in the game war thunder it would probably be next to useless outside of NE.

1 Like

I’d like to know where you got that number because unclassified the missile the Patriot uses had a range of 160km.

I couldn’t find a direct source for that range past the US militaries vague posting. The PAC-3 MSE does feature ACMs which solve the same problem as the Aster 30s Pif-Paf system. As to my knowledge this is not part of the game yet, so I wouldn’t expect the best anti drone/close range capabilities.

The MSE from what I remember is suppose to offer more missiles with a shorter range and (I think) lower top speed, but it’d be better used for anti-munitions if it gets added, similar to the Pantsir-SM-SV

For anti munitions its like pretty much the only western counterpart to the Pantsir in terms of missile count outside of that one Turkish SHORAD and CIWS systems, yes. Not perfect by any means, bc of the difference in doctrine but what can you do.

Lmao, now I’m just imagining they add the truck mounted C-RAM that would make for a good April fools vehicle

The bigger concern is the radar which does not move at all and can only scan in one direction

as far as I am aware, it coming to NE was precisely what they were talking about in-regard to it being added to the game.

Pretty sure mechanically they can go up to 270, and radar is the 120 arc, but theres new radar LTAMDS which has 360 coverage

The only saving grace imo for the US tec tree is if they get turkey as a subtree together with the GÜRZ-150

M-SHORAD is like 10.3 at best without the hellfires

That’s why I’m asking this question because they weren’t very specific when they said it

Theres still hope we can get it as researchable vehicle, and pretty much every nation would get it so its highly likely

To clear up any misunderstanding, it actually has 110° to both left AND right, so 220° in total, gaijin could also add new LTAMDS radar which has 360°x90° coverage, but missiles itself are able to fire behind the launcher

It cant attack close range and it wouldnt be good for munition interception. It would be cool but its main advantage is extreme range which is useless in the current meta

As a Swiss I know that feeling.

PAC-3 MSE was made for intercepting munition, so big fast russian cas missiles could be intercepted far more easily, also PAC-3 has 1.5-3km minimum,

Its made to intercept large ballistic missile threats, not small air launched munitions. PAC-3 doesnt even have a proximity fuse