Updated War Thunder forum

So what is this ? I am checking forum weekly sometimes just to read suggestions from other people, I can not find them at all, I absolutely dislike this new forum, looks like Enlisted forum which I do not use… and I will not be bothered to relearn to navigate on this bad and cheap looking forum

This ? I will not be bothered to check it at all, I can not even navigate and find the threads and topics I want to… instead of page system for the replies I have to scroll up and down - which takes ages to load in all the replies, they are all loading at the same time…horrible

Please give us the option to use the old version - like the gaijinmarket offers, there I only use the old “legacy version” because the new one is just more confusing and worse looking - the same goes for this forum…
I have been using the good old forum since beginning

4 Likes

This is a terrible change to the forums. Not only is it a worse looking UI, it made it more difficult to find the useful information that was already posted on the forums and in 2 years all of that will be gone.

1 Like

Spoilers are now here:

1 Like

" The old forum will remain available on this link for another two years in read-only mode. Developers, administrators and helper teams look forward to seeing you on the new War Thunder forum!"
That is not enough. The old forum should become part of the archive and the work and effort of player suggestions should be migrated to the new forum, if you want to keep this one. Many of us had hours and days dedicated to document some of our suggestions from pure passion and I believe it’s a terrible mistake to lose them after 2 years, especially since some of them were not “Passed into consideration”.

Also, some clarifications should be done about a system regarding “user levels in Discourse” which this new platform is using, from what I saw on TEC’s video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dD3B0EvF0ghttps:// This is an issue waiting to become larger and larger and what will do is to alienate the majority of people from the forum, while some users will have certain advantages over the others and new players or other people less active on the forum, but passionate enough around some topics or vehicles in game can become locked in from posting suggestions or performing open discussions. This is not needed.

What the old forum lacked, however:
-1: more feedback to why your post was removed if it did not follow proper rules
-2: more storage space for files
-3: small improvements in UI (the old one still worked if you knew how to use it, but it wasn’t critical)
-4: a better search mechanic to find and filter previous posts, suggestions, discussions etc
-5: a better method to manage “duplicate” or “similar” topics - even if the subject was the same, post were sometimes disregarded because of this but important information unique in that post was lost
-6: a bettter use of tags to filter topics, perhaps it helped the moderators but for general users it would have been very helpful to have the possibility to filter posts by tag (this did not work well in the old Forum)

4 Likes

So deleting old data and posts to move forward. Interesting choise. Also I want my complimentary social points, please Smin <3

1 Like

Uff I can not use this new forum at all, I have read 58 replies from the top on this topic and I got eyesore with my bad eyesight… sorry but this is horrible change which physically hurts my eyes, I do not know how you did it but this forum just makes me dizzy after 15 minutes of reading it… incredible

2 Likes

Im sorry, but this is not great, there was nothing wrong with the old forum in terms of design and function, why not at least transfer all the data here

2 Likes

Looks like new reddit…

1 Like

I first saw this style in late 2020, with MSFS… there is a reason i still dont use it, it just isn’t that good at all, the old one was better

2 Likes

well hidden. nice.

Also, Gaijin: i hope you know that you’ll have to sort all of the posts we’re making now. Thats what you get for doing this I guess

1 Like

Really upset about this change, but theres a bug with creating polls you should know about.

You need to add name=title

Not name

to the string that starts the poll within the brackets. The code thing doesn’t work.

<.code>name<./code> remove periods, sorry, apprently i cant even edit my above post on this forum lol.

And like that the fire spreads, you know you have made a mistake when the most active thread on your new forum is literally the entire backbone of the old forum saying they hate it XD

6 Likes

I really think this new Forum was a very Bad idea. Simply Born to retaliate against the community.
Maybe this here is some weird Sort of revenge for the critic toward gaijins shady way of business practice?
I don’t like this “discord style” Forums. i am convinced this here is blatant BS (and nothing else then this).
And last not least this coup reminds of the time when the forum of the former wannabe competitor Game “Armored Warfare” was cancelled to delete any kind of critic toward the devs.
This whole coup just tastes fishy.

2 Likes

frankly, it looks worse

3 Likes

KGB tricks to make critical posts disappear ! But they can not manipulate Steam!

2 Likes

i agree, its looking to much like a mobile UI and is overall less convenient to navigate in my opinion.
although i do like the navigation sidebar idea, thats a good one, the overall design though not so much.

also gaijin, you actually need to transfer over the old forum posts to the new one, for the sake of archiving the thousands of posts with extensive feedback on(still existing) problems, suggestions on solutations and other suggestions for the game as well as community service stuff by community members like guides as well as, for example, things like the historical accurate decal thread.

2 Likes

also where is the edit button?
and why is the original message i responded too not quoted in a “spoiler” tag, so people can expand it and read up what the conversation is about, instead of having to click on a button that will navigate them back to the original message?

multiquoting will be an utter mess with this, if its even possible.
gaijin please, those are some basic forum funtionalities.

2 Likes

Both

1 Like

The link from War Thunder — Realistic Military Vehicles Online Combat Game for PC, Xbox and PlayStation. Play for Free News doesn’t work either