Updated War Thunder forum

Navigation of the new forum is terrible. Design isn’t good in my opinion either but that depends on the person.

But what bothers me the most is that all suggestions and lists of armarments and tanks are gone! These were important for future additions.

This is terrible and this will kill suggestions and will make it harder to find sources for gaijin. It’s a loose loose situation

2 Likes

Looks great!

time would have been better spent on users using bot programs and cheaters in game

5 Likes

This new forum is a direct downgrade from the previous forum, you have basically thrown 10 years of suggestions, info and knowledge down the drain for what a knock off reddit, the fact this feedback is 100% negative just means people dislike this immensely, though it also raises questions of why you got rid of the profile pics on the old forum if you were just going to nuke it a month or two later

8 Likes

So, basically, 10+ years of milestones and forum posts (the good, the bad and the ugly), PMs, reputation points and medals (I had 18, including the first one: Air Force Tester) down the cr@pper. Sounds about right and a really, really good timing there, gj. What’s next, resetting your grind in WT?
smh

8 Likes

One thing is for sure, if Gaijin continues at this pace, the community will stop playing and access the war thunder forum

Dont give them any ideas

3 Likes

Well, you guys can’t really stop to amaze us in a BAD way.

1 Like

386 posts in this thread, but I’m reading THE SAME replies sometime 4+ times. It’s hard to see how much you read, unless you remember the reply number. Some of the font color choices are abysmal and they blend with the background, so it’s hard to read them.
The reply box is tiny and it’s hard to work in it. Give us more space!!! Also, that ghastly “Welcome to WT” box to the right is bigger than my post window. I hope it will disappear asap without me needing to close it every time. The preview window does not match the size of the forum reply window, so it’s pointless.
I really have no desire to contribute to this forum in any shape or form. Who knows, maybe next year gj will change their mind and move to yet another forum (because reasons) and all the contribution gets erased once again…
I really question the timing of all of this. This move seems rather RUSHED. Gee, I wonder why?

4 Likes

I found the medals when I clicked on my profile. Will these return and be visible when posting or will they stay hidden in the profile only?

Less filling!

Awful

3 Likes

Not only looks awful but hard to navigate.

Way to screw up :(

3 Likes

Is there someone whose job it is at Gaijin to sit there and brainstorm new things that were not broken and that not one single person asked for, to implement and break for no reason? Because it happens with astonishing regularity. This forum is terrible, the earlier one was just fine, nothing needed to change, and there’s a ton of information needed on the old ones that is now at risk. Put it back…

8 Likes

Now you can Ignore our claims and ideas on a new empty platform, that’s lovely!.

5 Likes

Why is it so ugly? like, who even asked for a new forum??

9 Likes

at least change the formating so that we can copy and paste the posts from the old forum. still doesnt change the fact that now every single comment will also be gone and i highly doubt that anyone is interested in copying all of those.
additionally, images are screwed up because they’re squished. GREAT JOB.
you could’ve tested this with just the Devs or done it like the new marketplace but NO you decide to IMMEDIATELY push it to the players who, as far as i can tell, didnt ask for this, didnt get any warning, didnt agree to this or get any kind of information about this before it was changed.
yet you did it anyways.
i thought we were on a path to proper player-developer communication with the new proposed economy changes but i guess thats not in your interest anymore.
Lots of players (including myself) put lots of work into making (lots of) highly detailed forum posts about aircraft, tanks, helicopters, weapon systems, ships, etc, etc and that all has to basically be redone now because you can’t even copy and paste the posts due to incompatible formating( where are spoilers???)

9 Likes

It’s not that the old forum was bad. The feedback passing to devs process was crap. Why handle feedback gathered over years properly if you can just go for a clean slate on a new forum and just ignore what happened for years just because you couldn’t earn the trust of the general community…

1 Like

Plain and generic like all the other game forums out there which is sad old one was better just needed a new coat of paint, just watched TheEuropeanCanadian’s vid about the new forum and ya there’s a LOT of issues with the new forum and will have more down the road.

Anyone got the marshmallows cause this is going to be a great fire.

3 Likes

Anyone knows how to write a response to that “system” bot?