Updated War Thunder forum

Dear friends!
We are pleased to welcome you to the updated official War Thunder forum!

Meet the new design with convenient and easy navigation. Switching between sections is now available in the sidebar and thanks to the cloud tags, discussed topics are always in view.

The old forum will remain available on this link for another two years in read-only mode. Developers, administrators and helper teams look forward to seeing you on the new War Thunder forum!

24 Likes

It’s not looking great.

111 Likes

What was wrong with the old one ?
I know it’s unfinished but I very much hate this, if this doesn’t get changed back by the next update you’ve just lost another forms user.

72 Likes

A prior heads-up would’ve been nice, as now every old link, and by extension, bookmarks are broken.
Also, when will the old topics actually be available for read-only? Right now only a few official topics and brand new ones are visible.

55 Likes

And now return everything back, it not only looks terrible, but all the work of users is just a waste

58 Likes

For once we agree

2 Likes

Revert this. This “new Forum” is just horrible and no one asked for this.

69 Likes

I’m not the one to usually say no to changes (the avatar change back in April)
But this? Goodness… I’ll just say that I’m not fan of it
Please give us option to use legacy forums layout

28 Likes

16 Likes

So does this mean all old topics are essentially lost and need to be recreated? Is there no plan to convert old topics to the new forums eventually? Shame, especially since you guys seem to only want to keep the old forums open for 2 years and after that, a bunch of useful information will just be lost if I’m understanding this correctly.

20 Likes

I definitely liked the old one better. I dont know why, but this one feels weird.

18 Likes

I don’t know! I like the dark mode, but… I don’t know to be honest! Sure new upgrades and updates are welcome but I feel lost lol.

4 Likes

I know the point is to delete players’ suggestions and various topics with critical comments, but I’d much rather Gaijin just release a “F*ck You!” message and leave the old forums be.
Skrrt

51 Likes

Where exactly is the link to the legacy forum in read-only? I couldn’t find it so far.

4 Likes

@Smin1080p, @Stona_WT, I ask you to give at least some sane answer on this matter, why all the works of users were deleted, and also why the change in the appearance of the forum was not submitted for discussion to users / players?

24 Likes

So you’re dumping 8-10 years of forum knowledge and history out of the window after the 2 years moratorium?

50 Likes

It’s like you guys actively work to get people to quit.

31 Likes

@gszabi99_HUN I’m guessing they’ll migrate a portion of the posts over, but it’s quite a bummer regardless

1 Like

LMAO this looks so terrible, yet still might be your best update yet this year.

4 Likes

So you just wiped out all of our discussions, critiques and reports? This is insane.

17 Likes