Updated War Thunder forum

Censorship tactics.

Adding to the negative list:

7. It appears there is no longer an option to follow a forum member when they post, e.g. @gszabi99_HUN (was also a test to see if @ mentions work at least)

Adding to the miniscule positive list…
2. Having a direct visual on how a post could look like to the right while entering a message
3. An icon that has a pop-up window with keyboard shortcuts (yes, stretching to find positive things to say)

Best regards,
Phil
---------------- Manual signature until those and profile pics are returned ----------------
Bring back forum profile pictures and signatures!
https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/578365-return-custom-avatar/

My complete tech trees (incl. all special vehicles) spreadsheet is updated to match 2.23 (only accurate atm for list & status of vehicles): War Thunder Tech Trees 2.31 (V15.00 temp - does not have all the last econ changes) - Google Spreadsheets Contains probably all vehicles WT has published.

2 Likes

Remove censorship

2 Likes

Ofcourse it’s another awesome decision made by Gajin. On the Old one there was too many judgement made by community and Gajin wanted fresh start I suppose. We will see what it brings. But in my opinion the old forum was more clear and well desighed- here it is an real chaos yet. Also 2 years of acces for archive is too small- due to fact there was many screenshots with old ver of game and each discussion about new/old mechanics etc. To sum it all:

Forum was the last thing what was needed to be refreshed. Still waiting f dragging this game out of mess what was implemented in past few years like spawncamping procedure, mess with BR, small and bigger issues with physic and render, PVE heli with spam of bots players and convoys riding into bulidings, rivers, sea, even climbing on 90 degree stonewalls (check great Canyon map- this is real cirus), Couter Strike maps on top BRs for tanks, new fresh game mode like Conquer the teritory etc.

1 Like

This is a kind of drama.
Really no better way to introduce new forum?

1 Like

Dude, your post “was flagged by the community”… and it only contains critics against the new forums…

this sounds like old leftist CEOs from Twitter were hired by Gaijin…

7 Likes

What happend?? Old leftist Twitter CEOs were hired by Gaijin?

“Dear friends!
We are pleased to welcome you to the updated official War Thunder forum!”

Everything for the people, nothing by the people… god mode censure.

First and last message in this piece of trash.

3 Likes

We just lost our community history and this new thing is not even looking good.

I am not pleased.

1 Like

My biggest issue right now is that the relationship between the players (customers) and Gajin is so broken (bad) that if something new comes out (like this forum) and the community doesn’t like it they bash it down to the earth. The relationship needs to improve on both sides. I think the new Forum came in the wrong time. A better timing would have been after the roadmap has been done, not just announced. This feels like a lot of importent feedback which came right after the review bombing etc. is lost. This might be the attempt for a fresh start for Gajin but the community took it differently. It is just to early for this. Bad timing Gajin… bad timing. Let’s see where this goes.

this is probably the worst forum design i ever see. Gaijin good job using crap

4 Likes

The old forum was a lot better, at the very least make an effort to migrate topics over.

1 Like

What is going to happen to the old vehicle suggestions?

1 Like

This is a staggering step backwards, the old forums certainly had issues but I don’t think there’s a single thing in this that I can call a positive change, It looks like a mobile phone page.

I’d rather have the old forums back along with our profile pictures too, I know that won’t happen but I’m not even sure where to start suggesting improvements here.

4 Likes

How exactly is it better now?

3 Likes

Gaijin destroying the last bit of support it got from the players less than a month after its largest ever PR disaster like:

13 Likes

Probably worst forum-related decision ever. It does not even feel-like a forum, but a knock-off, sugar coated message board.

It is incredibly inconvenient, hard to find anything and you dare say “convenient and easy navigation”. I’m not only mad about old suggestions staying on old forums, but also being forced to use this dismal UI without any further notice. “Let’s make outrageous decisions and totally unnecessary changes then whine once player base react” Brilliant idea, just brilliant.

5 Likes

Its been too nice, time to ruin something else.
Also, if Gaijin cant afford to pay what, 6K a year for the old forum, why are they even continuing this game?

7 Likes

This look like cheap chinese mobile game forums.

1 Like

I cant wait for ““the old fourm is only available for premiun users””

1 Like