Updated War Thunder forum

At least you managed to post a real meme with your comments . . . lol

New forum looks awful. Old forum looks so much better.

4 Likes

If you are going to be completely redoing the forums, at least have a plan in place to restore the 8+ years of knowledge that exists. By not doing so you are creating more work for the players who have put hours of work into composing thorough and detailed reports on bugs, missing features, etc. Please either create an easy way to transfer any existing threads to the new forum, or revert the change until such plans can be made.

6 Likes

Why?

1 Like

No. There should be no way out or dodge route for them. GJ is undoing it. That is the only option.

2 Likes

Is there any way to reverse this? The old forum should be back.

7 Likes

This is a bad change, the new forum feels worse than the old one. Worse still is deleting the old forums which had tons of information, regardless of the 2 year deadline. Equally bad is making this a sudden and unannounced change, this should have been announced in advance and players should have been able to give their feedback on it.

Some reasons/features for this new forum are “convenient and easy navigation”. I disagree, the older one was more comfortable to navigate. Some new features like the link click counter, popular links and frequent posters are neat, but they don’t serve any purpose, they do not make this forum any more convenient to use than the previous one. The sidebar also doesn’t feel like it serves any significant purpose, I could’ve always opened something in a new tab or gone back to the home page in the old forum if I had to switch between sections, all this had done is reduce the amount of clicks take to go from one section to another from 2 click to 1 click, which as I said serves no significant purpose.

I genuinely think there is some other reason for removal of the old forums that we’re not being told. But regardless, this new forum is worse than the old one and I’d prefer if we went back to the old one.

10 Likes

So this is how Gaijin silences the community? good havens, these are some new depths of despair.

wish there was some sort of announcement that there was a change to the forums coming at the very least, seems a bit unnecessary, no?

2 Likes

react_confused

An announcement would have been nice.

1 Like

leave it to Gaijin to disregard player communication lol

Wow. okay now a black design is welcome but the overall layout is so confusing. What bothers me the most currently is that there seems to be no more Pages within the Topics, so everything is one giant block. Might be only me but i find it harder to discuss like that, and i can reread certain Replies, for there is no page to remember it anymore.

Also an Announcement would have been nice, this is way to surprising

2 Likes

Blockquote I genuinely think there is some other reason for removal of the old forums that we’re not being told.> Blockquote

Silencing dissent and an attempt at wiping the slate clean.

Edit:
The above was Flagged as “inappropriate : the community feels it is offensive, abusive, to be hateful conduct or a violation of [our community guidelines”

Reposed with no alterations whatsoever because it isn’t offensive, it isn’t abusive, it isn’t hateful conduct and its not in violation of anything…

1 Like

I hate it.

1 Like

Nice to see Gaijin still doing the wrong decisions with this awful forum coming out of nowhere and I like many other users who enjoyed posting vehicles on the old forum have basically lost all our work if it’s not transferred over and there is a high chance someone will steal our work and post it as their own which is my bigger fear, this is just another bad decision in the list of bad decisions Gaijin keep putting themselves into.

1 Like

The new forum is is complete mess, it just looks bad, I dont know who thought that this is more readable, its a mess. The old forum was much better than this generic looking garbage.

5 Likes

Hey . .I can add what topic I like to my side bar . .thats cool!!!

Yeah no this is terrible.

1 Like

hahaha really gaijin?

1 Like