Updated War Thunder forum

i am just saying the old forum ALWAYS had this

Powered by Invision Community

at the bottom of the forum but as you can see if you scroll all the way down its nothing BUT war thunder…

This is war thunder’s attempt to make their own house forum… I’m telling you it HAS to be monetization reasoning.

the “old war thunder” is easily just a snapshot of what it was before they stopped paying for usage, this explains why emojis are broken/anything embedded is broken in some fashion or another.

i think personally that more work on the UI, there is SOME stuff to like but there is a lot to dislike, the scrolling is absolutely horrible it gutters due to conflicting scrolling systems combined together, then it is the small tab/general tab to locate/find posts, and the “hot mess” around it… If they can fix that i doubt it won’t be such a huge issue after a couple of weeks of working. the “proofreading” thing isn’t a bad idea nor is the live comments/etc but just some simple things like NEEDING to scroll down all the way to type etc is slightly annoying…

the text is slightly to small and “squished” so it makes it harder to see everything overall… it feels like they have a 85% border filter where everything needs to fit into the 85% of the screen of whatever resolution it needs to be.

5 Likes

the text is slightly to small and “squished” so it makes it harder to see everything overall… it feels like they have a 85% border filter where everything needs to fit into the 85% of the screen of whatever resolution it needs to be.

I didn’t notice at first, but yeah, a third of the screen isn’t being used on desktop. I hope there’s a setting somewhere to actually use the unused space.

1 Like

yeah it becomes “way better” if you zoom in 110%, it isn’t perfect but everything feels SO much better

1 Like

Well this is ugly

Losing past forum content is absolutely unacceptable, regardless of how good or bad the new UI is. This is insanely disrespectful to your most dedicated users.

6 Likes

Bring back the old one, the new version sucks.

4 Likes

The new UI is not even good, just confusing LOL. Worse in every way.

3 Likes

We need all the subforums restored. This feels like it was rushed out before it was ready.

3 Likes

I cant understand how Gaijin lose time in this shitt when the map rotation or smoke shells are completely destroyed and not work!!!

I just found out you cannt PM other members or mods anymore. Why was that an issue that needed to be removed from the forum?

1 Like

I found how to describe a new forum:

Spoiler

ПРЯМ КАК ДЕРЬМО, НЕЖНОЕ, АППЕТИТНОЕ ДЕРЬМИЦО - Coub

can’t*

You also took away the edit function?

Now I need to spam a thread to fix typos or add information. Reall good job…

2 Likes

Joined the forums ~1 week ago. Just started playing the game… I miss all the guides and help that was on the old forum.

3 Likes

Farewell guys, it was great while it lasted :( - Game Discussion - War Thunder — official forum

Congratulations. let’s destroy the game together!!!

2 Likes

IIRC you need to be a certain level to get that (just post a couple of more times, look at different things and wait for a few minutes)

1 Like

So I need to spam other topics with offtopic to get to use all forum functions? Great idea lets go.

We need to form a team of community members who are willing to archive, re-add and mirror the old site of the hard research of Tanks, Planes and Ships. Discussed and Suggested on the Forums. Because after the 2 year time span. 10+ years of historical research will be reduced to digital atoms!

4 Likes

UNLESS someone is insane and uses the way back machine and goes nuts

I don’t really think I am, suggestions are just floating around in a huge suggestions forum. It was much better In my honest opinion when they were divided by nation, made things easier to find.

Anyone notice that their account on this forum is linked to some weird Gaijin domain instead of their personal email? And I noticed that the email linked to my account seems to lack any way of changing it.

3 Likes