Updated Optimal Climb Speed Chart (WIP)

“Speed is life, altitude is life insurance”
In everything I enjoy to do, I tend to try and optimize everything to its max; That includes getting every bit of advantage I can in War Thunder. One thing I have had trouble finding is an updated, all-inclusive, and accurate climb speed chart. So I thought I would take it upon myself to make one and provide others with a way of updating it themselves (because I can’t be bothered to reliably maintain a thing such as this). I ended up finding a regularly updated War Thunder data mine, and within it’s contents, I think I found what I am looking for. We will use the Polikarpov | I-16 Tip 5 Ishak (more commonly known as the I-16 type 5) for an example. In the data mine, the file we’re looking for has the path “War-Thunder-Datamine/aces.vromfs.bin_u/gamedata/flightmodels/performance/i-16_type5.blkx” According to this, at 0 m, this plane’s optimal climb speed is 52.7611 (what I assume is m/s) or 189.94 km/h.
Before I spend an unholy amount of time accumulating this data for every plane, does anyone know if this is accurate. (I’d test it but I’m lazy)
Link to the Data Mine
Link to the I-16 type 5’s Performance File

Also, if it is not blatantly obvious, this is my first time posting on the War Thunder Forums (for that matter likely my first time posting much of anything) so please forgive any “rules” I break.

1 Like

Those datamines are accurate, but pay attention to whenever they’re updated because that may include FM changes that will change the optimal climb speed.

Also, if you do undertake this project, this would be an absolutely fantastic service to the community. I cannot thank you enough for how useful this would be to so many people <3

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation, and my hope is to also provide people with the knowledge to do it themselves. (I’m not that reliable to update it constantly) I’ll start (rather continue) the USSR tech tree and once finished I’ll post the data here.

2 Likes

Even if it is just partial, it would still be a huge service. And don’t feel a committment to continually update it. If you don’t want to continually update it, you don’t have to.

2 Likes