Updated List Of Tanks Around 7.7 BR That Need A Reload Buff To Become Competitive again

heavies are up armored, and have a weaker gun

Weaker gun, longer reload, less mobility, worse gun handling and often times they are less survivable than lights as well.

I really don’t see your point here, unless your pushing up past enemy line, and have no support from friendlies

Doesn’t matter. Your team now has a teammate that can’t fight for long time. You’re useless to your team while reloading.

There is only one tank at this BR capable of being a 1 man army, I’ve held off an entire team, when my entire team was dead, and that’s the Strv 103

All of the 7.7 also face this thing in a 0.3 BR uptier that they have no chance of penetrating while they themselves get lolpenned and outreloaded 3-5 times.

Gaijin stated themselves reload is a balancing factor. Its a video game. Tiger II doesn’t deserve a 2x faster reload for a better gun on a better tank

Heavies also aren’t supposed to push enemy lines, that’s a light tanks job, because they are fast, maneuverable, and have a good gun, heavies are a support tank in “modern” (Cold War) combat for America, allowing support fire from their large guns to be in the aft section of a platoon, and can be pushed forward in a confrontation to protect the medium tanks, while still giving and getting support fire. As one may say, don’t go rushing in all Willy nilly when your not equipped for the job. All gun handling for every tank other than 1 I can think of, again, the Strv 103, is decently shit other than a light tank, Strv 103 has hull aim though, and is, well, not Ideal. I will say, playing the Pre-eight point zero S-tank was a joke, nothing could do anything without HEAT or APDS, or flanking, but now it gets sucked to the Infinite 8.3-8.7 vaccum.

fair enough, it is absurdly strong its just the first example of a big HE slinger that came to mind

Heavies also aren’t supposed to push enemy lines

They are also too slow to flank properly and have a reload that’s too long for sniping. They don’t have a place in the meta.

heavies are a support tank in “modern” (Cold War) combat for America, allowing support fire from their large guns to be in the aft section of a platoon, and can be pushed forward in a confrontation to protect the medium tanks, while still giving and getting support fire. As one may say, don’t go rushing in all Willy nilly when your not equipped for the job.

Well good thing this is a game. Realism does not matter.

now it gets sucked to the Infinite 8.3-8.7 vaccum

Guess what BR range of heavy tanks that are a lot worse than your Strv103 also get sucked up to 8.3/8.7.

That’s the attitude that will make you complain like you are. When I play for fun, I do what I want, when I play to win; I squad up, and use strategy.

That’s the attitude that will make you complain like you are.

Because I don’t see War Thunder as real life and want a balanced game?

That was kind of my point buddy.

I will say, playing the Pre-eight point zero S-tank was a joke, nothing could do anything without HEAT or APDS, or flanking, but now it gets sucked to the Infinite 8.3-8.7 vaccum.

You only mentioned the Strv103

I’ve never seen any of your mentioned vehicles, in this BR range dude, I only saw them when in a 8.0 downteir and when the Strv 103 was 7.7

I’ve never seen any of your mentioned vehicles, in this BR range dude,

Because they’re trash and almost nobody plays them in a full uptier.

Still need an answer where I mentioned the 90mm of the M48

Right here in response to “OP guns”

Congratulations, you played yourself.

The “long 90mm” is the gun of the M26E1, T26E1-1, T32 and T32E1. They have nothing to do with the 90mm the M48 has.

Congratulations, you played yourself.

Try again.

1 Like

Long 90mm:

Early short 90mm:

Late short 90mm:

In regards to your comment about the reloads on the large guns in wt. gaijin use sustained fire rate and so that’s why big guns probably have too long or a reload. If we had fire rates that varied on how many rounds you had fired the centurion with have a 3 t round burst of 3 second reload due to the loaders having 2 in the lap. As well as this Russian tanks would have a reload that varied from something like 4 or 5 seconds to something higher than 7.1 as they have to cycle through more and more rounds the more they use. I would love this in game but gaijin don’t seem to keen to implement it.

gaijin use sustained fire rate

It’s the old realism vs balance again. Gameplay should be the priority there’s nothing realistic about the matchmaker anyway. Era seperation won’t happen so we have to ask for reload buffs to make these tanks better.

centurion with have a 3 t round burst of 3 second reload due to the loaders having 2 in the lap

There are videos of Flak 36 crews sustaining a 2s reload yet the Flakbus (with its slightly different gun) in game takes 5s aced.

Never said I agreed with them, but just saying how gaijin implement reloads. I even agree with you as I believe we should focus on realism as much as possible and use brs to balance vehicles. The less complicated the system the easier it is to manage.

The problem is they aren’t consistent on that either. The T26E1-1 reloads much faster than the T32(E1) while having the much larger single piece ammunition that barely fits the turret.

The M26E1 reload seems about fine for the gun it has.

I believe we should focus on realism as much as possible and use brs to balance vehicles

Would be nice but I’ve given up on that seeing that they add one modern SPH after another.

Wait lol, the t26E1-1 has one price ammo but has a quicker reload than the t32? The t32 has a larger turret does it not. At least similar, although it may be like the is 3 where the turrets wide but short causing the turret crew to hunch over.

1 Like