[Updated 03/09] Testing our Proposed APHE Shell Changes on the Dev Server!

It would be better to increase the damage to the rest of the ammunition. And they removed the mechanics of volumetric projectiles.
Realism is not needed if it makes the game boring!

7 Likes

So… We’re still getting the unneeded buff to APHE, even if the post-testing vote doesn’t pass?

10 Likes

Yes, this is something that is stated at the start of the topic.

It’s also something that pretty much everyone opposes if the fragmentation area changes don’t fall through. Even those that voted “no”.

Thank you for the clarification! Please do not forget to mention this in the upcoming voting session!

My question in this regard is what does significant majority means for you, Gaijin? 2/3 of the votes? 3/4? 4/5?

1 Like

I’ll agree with you here. It’s quite silly that that is the change getting passed through regardless…

1 Like

As someone with a 30 mbit/s internet connection, thank you.

1 Like

it is a Test of Proposed changes… Feedback will still matter later and maybe another vote later… have to wait and see

8 Likes

I’m talking about this, which makes it sound as if the strengthening of warhead is getting added regardless. Is it not?

Everyone that’s been around long enough to have the displeasure of reading your abhorrent takes knows you’re incapable of changing your mind when presented with evidence you’re wrong, but since others are reading this thread too: The Tiger E absolutely has a pennable cupola, and it’s the most important weakspot in a lot of engagements when you’re going up against it with a 76 Sherman or a T-34 85. And since you already posted that in another comment, shooting the turret face of a Tiger I with one of these guns is ridiculously unreliable.

7 Likes

And now that comment has been deleted.

Edit: mb, I thought you were replying to the larger comment.

this is the same guy who drove his tiger on the top of a sand ridge to expose himself, got shot twice by an m51 and took no cover, then proceeded to mald about the m51 penning him on reddit
I wouldn’t expect good tiger gameplay out of him

8 Likes

Looks like, less of those cupola “death from above” cheap shots in future

Are Ru mains ok with this APHE change?

I didnt see that Smin had posted before mine, so dont want to confuse things

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for some TSS or SRE players who have a good history of dueling on rhine in all of the tanks that this will effect most to show up and voice their takes on this. o7

1 Like

I don’t get it.

How is shooting a cupola any cheaper than any other weakspot?

I’ve literally seen someone on a YouTube comment say that cupola shots were “toxic”. What is even the reasoning behind this?

1 Like

You will have to ask Smin then to clear that up

1 Like

Honestly, pretty fair play on y’alls part here. I am still against the change, of course, but its nice to see that you are taking the split results well- and I very much like the fact that you are requiring a significant majority to implement it.

a girl with blue hair giving a thumbs up

3 Likes

Remember when players would complain about jumbos shooting barrels? Now that’s what they want them to do.

This is reassuring to read. Could you please quantify “significant majority” for us so we know what to expect when the time for the final vote comes?

5 Likes

I can’t wait for barrel health to get lowered again to make this a viable strategy (it never will)