[Updated 03/09] Testing our Proposed APHE Shell Changes on the Dev Server!

So I went back there and what I gathered is
“Overly balanced” = apfsds rounds not having anti ERA and russian armor being useful in game
Based purely off what I saw there on your response to the comment the og statement was replying to
If you want to explain more go for it, if you don’t idc really

I recommend trying the Avenger or Firefly.

You’ll find solid shot more than adequate. They eat tigers for breakfast even in a stupid uptier (Using them as back-ups for your comet, you lose your comet and fight Tiger Es)

APDS too, as long as it doesn’t randomly shatter on a flat surface with a low impact angle. I’ll accept it shattering on a panther UFP or a T-34/IS hull and turret, but I’ve seen it shatter against barn doors.

Firefly is a very stupid tank. I love it. It’s the honeybadger of the british tree.

Spoiler

4 Likes

I honestly have no idea how you got apfsds out of a thread on multipathing and I don’t care that much, enjoy your day and hopefully you’ll get better soon

Meanwhile - 122mmm nuke everyone was complaining about isn’t going anywhere.

Most were against it. Why do you need these games of democracy if you don’t care about the opinion of the majority?!

That tank is quite large inside. Overpressure with an APHE round… but up to what point? Try with an APHE round with more explosive filler, no matter if u need to top-attack that cupola.

To be the devil’s advocate, I don’t think they even asked for a majority of voters to be pro or against it. It sounded like a popularity vote to me.

You mean the 122mm nuke with 3x longer reload than most guns of the same tier?

1 Like

It was exactly that, just a preliminary opinion vote.
Test was gonna happen either way.

Honestly, maybe they just realized that its dumb to ask the community whether to have a test or not, rather than to have the vote to decide after it.

1 Like

There was reddit post with whine that the guy was OHKd with br471d on a conqueror. That guy claimed that APHE rebalance would “fix that”. In fact aphe rebalance targets specifically 57-76mm shells and cuts their damage by a large fraction.

if people wanted it I’m guessing “yes” would have won

Tiger 1 pzgr. is also a nuke round but with a 7.4s reload ace.

1 Like

Honestly I am pretty happy to see this actually get put in for testing on the Dev Server. I do not think the vote was needed in the first place because stuff like this gets tipped over by certain CC’s trying to make people say no.

By how it looks I think this change would need to be implemented with BR changes because some vehicles will be much better and some will be worse due to these changes.

1 Like

the vehicle much better being those who were actually already great. the only exeption maybe being the T95 but even with the change the cupola still is a weakspot.

When it is close to 50/50, no side has the Majority…

The Vote has shown that there are equal amount of people that would be interested in testing…

if the vote was closer to 60-70% no, then it may have been different… but, when half of the community is interested, you cannot really discount them…

Anyway… this is about Feedback about the Test, not about the vote result…

6 Likes

Tiger 1 Pzgr is also on a platform that almost everything at its BR can pen rather easily, with lackluster mobility and a huge muzzlebrake to boot.

Skill issue on his part, plain and simple. The conqueror is amazing
…Well, when APDS doesn’t shatter.

Some people are going to ask “Doesn’t majority mean 50% plus one vote?”

There was a roughly 2000 people difference towards “no” if the math is done.

But aight.

1 Like

We would like to clarify on the subject of the APHE shells, the vote that took place, and further testing. We understand that our initial intentions and further steps may have been unclear and have raised questions, so we will tell you about everything in detail once again.

The vote was held to collect opinions to decide whether we should start working on it at all, and, as we said, we did not plan to introduce such changes without testing and voting on its results. We needed to study the players’ interest in this topic, and given that some players could vote against, thinking that the vote was for introducing the mechanics into the game, and not for testing it, we considered 48.64% of “For” votes as a significant amount of interest and decided to prepare for testing to take place.

We will note in advance that if as a result of the vote for introducing the mechanic, following on the testing, we see the same “borderline” results without a clear advantage (for example, 51% “for” and 49% “against”), then we will not introduce this change, since we do not want to upset a significant portion of the playerbase. The biggest questions from players are about the changes to the scattering sectors of fragments from APHE shells. We are already seeing feedback from test participants that in different conditions the penetration result (compared to the current version on the main server) may differ and have both a smaller and a greater effect, depending on the place where the penetration took place and locations of the modules and crew. The other two points, namely, preserving the warhead and strengthening secondary fragments, lead to increased damage in all situations, which is why they do not cause controversial reactions and will in any case be added in the upcoming major update, which means that the new mechanics of fragment distribution, if approved by players, will appear in the game along with them. Therefore, we are testing them together, not separately.

Testing is available on the DEV server until September 5, then we will take a break and focus on releasing the major update. After some time, we will conduct testing on the main server in the same format — in the protection analysis and an event, since we believe that for an objective assessment, anyone who wishes to vote should be able to test the changes without having to download a separate client. In addition, we will improve the voting service and introduce additional conditions for participants so that accounts specially created for voting cannot distort the results.

Finally, we would like to remind you that a significant majority of votes “For” changing the scattering sectors of fragments of APHE shells is required to make a positive decision. Otherwise, this mechanic will not be introduced.

47 Likes

After test the new APHE, i say a big YES for the changes. I hope finally come to the game.

23 Likes