[Updated 03/09] Testing our Proposed APHE Shell Changes on the Dev Server!

Gaijin saying the current behavior of APHE is unintended, while also stealth fixing it in some Swedish vehicles doesn’t clue you in?

I am tired of sub-par players trying to cater to their non-existent skills.

I agree, do away with the APHE crutches

2 Likes

Where’s your source for that, or are you just parroting something someone made up on Reddit?

1 Like

this thread, if they didn’t think it’s unintended they wouldn’t change it at all

Turns out heavy tanks stopped being useful around that time
Relying exclusively on armor has always been a terrible decision irl, it is literally the second to last line of resort

I guess learning to actually play against the current form of APHE exceeds most players’ abilities.

Have you used Swedish APHE?

I guess learning to actually play against the new form of APHE exceeds most players’ abilities.

See how easy it is? lol

1 Like

There is no playing against a cheap one-shot cupola kill. Try playing the M48/M60 hull-down and you’ll quickly learn :P

1 Like

By their logic,

KSP cannot be said to have realistic orbital mechanics because it is at a 1/10 scale to reduce computational load and make launches possible in only 5-10 minutes (only need to reach ~3.2 km/h for LKO) over however long it’d take at full scale (7.8 km/s LEO).

KSP cannot have realistic orbital mechanics because it’s using on-rails orbital models over real time N-body sim (which would be quite computationally demanding and/or buggy with time accel).

KSP cannot be said to have realistic orbital mechanics because you can revert to hangar or reload quicksaves.

KSP cannot be said to have realistic orbital mechanics because you don’t get random launch failures.

(now, mind you - mods exist that implement a lot of these extra realism options. I personally enjoy life support and aerodynamics changes. However, point remains - the core simulation goal: orbital mechanics - are not detracted by providing QoL/Simplifcation elsewhere).

If anything this change will sometimes make it harder to one shot with APHE, and you might have to use your brain more. Which part of this is trying to cater to non-existent skills? You’re sad if you have to puff your chest against someone else’s nose as an argument.

3 Likes

Yeah, because playing against the new APHE will require no thinking and skill at all, thus catering to the sub-par players of the community.

Yeah, and it’s no different. But let me guess, I just used the wrong APHE?

You can’t even perform well with them, what will you do without them?

2 Likes

I will keep playing the game I guess? never said I’m a monster in game or anything like that, what a silly response

If you think it’s no different, congratulations, you can aim well and the APHE changes wouldn’t effect you :P

This is an insane take to see, lol
If the APHE user you’re playing against actually has good aim, there will still be no counterplay. It’s just raising the skill floor, will you be below the boards?

1 Like

I don’t want either buffs or nerfs. Just keep APHE as it is. It’s been a core feature since the start of ground forces. I would much rather see AP/other solid shot rounds buffed to deal better damage.

You can check for yourself.

How does it take no thinking and skill to put a comet into an advantegous position (since you get one shot if the enemy so much as looks at any part of you), aim exactly where their gunner/breech is (because aiming a bit off can mean the gunner survives and you die) and where their ammo rack is?

How is playing tanks that need to know where ammo and gunner is for each tank they face lesser skill than… a shoot anywhere and kill the entire crew even if you literally miss because your round will turn around and kill them anyway - as was posted earlier in the thread.