[Updated 03/09] Testing our Proposed APHE Shell Changes on the Dev Server!

And because of that vote it wasn’t tested in the live server

Why live server? xD

more players and targest for shooting

Bushes actually obstruct gunner sights and commander sights (maybe even the driver sight, I don’t have it binded so I didn’t test). Not when the sight is set on the barrel. So in simulator battles we gotta be mindful where we install the bushes.

1 Like

Tbh, doesn’t really help because some of the hidden monster ones are still below them

ST-A3 is a sniping god with a 6s reload and amazing optics + rangefinder

Type 60 SPRG is a short little double-barreled HEAT-slinger that can be easily hidden.

Taking out slow, lumbering armored behemoths at range is basically the Type 60 ATM’s sole niche (while being useless at everything else lol)

M56. Everyone knows how much of a rat this thing can be with the right player behind it.

T92, decently fast and compact while also slinging a pretty nice HEAT shell.

And I might be missing a few too, not to mention anything with APHE that can bugger the cupola and the large-caliber HE slingers (which, to be fair, absolutely would dumpster it IRL)

Not for realistic battles, although this is the case for simulator battles. Binocular mode is affected, though.

Honestly, this is why I’ve been advocating for mandatory gunner sight view for GRB for a while now. From what people have said, it’d also help make barrel snipes a good bit more skill-intensive.

1 Like

That too, I forgot to mention that. Although the tanks that get affected are small in number.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind that. I like both types of sights.

Realism above all please. Just make sure to according adjust some BRs, like the Tiger H1 and T-95 needing to go up.

Yeah I can understand that, although against the T95, I think it’s somewhat a fair fight (given the right circumstances).

Most of these others vehicles can be killed with a 50.cal, and I believe is a skill issue if you don’t manage to kill them. And as you said, they sacrifice quite a bit to be able to do funny things to heavy tanks / heavy TDs.

Yeah, the paladins and the other HE-launchers are quite annoying, but they can be 50.cal’d aswell.
APHE cupola shots is possible, and I’d say is fair enough considering the nasty guns most of the heavy TDs carry. The T95 can neutral steer quite well from what I can remember.
This cupola shot won’t work nearly as well after the change, so it only comes down to the HEAT or HE slingers.

Gameplay over realism (when needed).

1 Like

I’ve tested the Russian 85mm and 122mm cannons with the new changes, and I think all I can say is that maybe some players are afraid their bonkers cupola shots won’t be as frequent anymore. That aside, it’s not like they’re ruining APHE with this change.

Looks like the disparity between APHE and solid AP shells is going to become smaller.

You do make good points, however I have to be a little bit silly here

laughs in Type 99

Yeah, because screw having fun. Everything needs to be %100 accurate to real life even at the expense of a fun game.

1 Like

Surprisingly, it has only 20mm of turret armour, so it should also be able to be 50.cal’d.
Something like the VIDAR would be more scary.

The way APHE works now is quite literally bugged, lol

And if you can only have fun with a (literally) broken, overpowered mechanic, perhaps you’re playing the wrong game?

2 Likes

What elaborate? All your selective realism is a hypocrisy.
when necessary, you’re saying “game conventionality”, but when necessary, you’re saying “realism”.

Wish they would nerf it somehow. It was never designed to penetrate that much armor and would shatter compared to the Pzgr. 39, thus the Pzgr. 39 was created to improve the performance.

But a nerf that uses some shell data would probably also heavily nerf the German 105mm and 128mm APCBC shells, since they also have giant explosive cavities.

I guess what could work is decreasing the overpressure threshold of APHE depending on the size of the shell. The pressure wave is obviously less powerful the more steel the explosive has to break up.

So it doesn’t make sense that a 9.5kg 88mm APHE shell with 200g of explosive would create the same overpressure effect as a 1.8kg 50mm HE round with the same explosive.

I too could say you’re playing the wrong game if you want to turn a simcade into a simulator.