[Updated 03/09] Testing our Proposed APHE Shell Changes on the Dev Server!

It’s your belief if you see their posts of passion and harshness as “trolling”.
I see it as a method of critique that while something I wouldn’t endorse is still coming from a place of concern.

I may disagree with him on APHE, I may not, either way his voice matters @LumiLintu
None of us know each others knowledge outside the game.
It’s not my place to assume you don’t know something just cause you didn’t play the context in War Thunder.

If you know diesel engines IRL and haven’t touched tanks, how am I to know?
Said opinion on how War Thunder models tank engines would be more informed than the average ground player, more informed than mine since I don’t have a solid understanding of diesel engines myself.

I understand fragmentation despite my favorite round of all time being the 90mm M304 APCR round, so I can talk on APHE decent enough despite not having mained 90mm APHE ever in the existence of War Thunder. I went from M36 to not playing 90mm tanks, to playing 90mm APCR in 2019 when I heard a claim APCR was buffed in 2018 cause I wanted the flat pen without giving up the angled pen.

@WieseAufmWald
First off, time where the person counted, as well as the person’s preference for “majority” plays a role in their sincerity.
I was 100% honest when I said a majority voted yes, cause I dismissed the votes after the CCs got involved; and massive lies such as “This will just be solid shot with these changes.” were being spammed that may or may not have originated from CCs that don’t speak my language.

You may disagree with my method of assessing the vote, and that’s fair. It’s okay for us to disagree, disagreement doesn’t mean either of us is not sincere.
On top of that, I don’t consider something a majority if it falls below 60%.
The final meddled vote was inconclusive, thus the test should go on regardless as if you want to vote no again after the test, you’re more than welcome to.

Saying no to free knowledge is not something I’d ever do personally.
Like saying no to a free burger…

@hаbby You voted no on testing, not on implementation.
The implementation vote will be after the live server test which should’ve occurred without this initial vote TBH.

3 Likes

That explosion is complete bullshit, this is a problem, but how they will fix that?

Depends on the BR.
But over 60% wr and 2k/s is my general rule of thumb.

Can you take your own advice please so I don’t see this next time

mini nuke

And he plays the nation with the most point & click cannons in the entire BR range.

Ironic considering he mentioned people should learn to not point & click.

I know that the IS-4 is not a prototype, but it almost was, since it was hardly used. In any case, the IS-4 is also almost immune to Maus bullets.
Regarding the T34, that tenque has APCR that penetrates 336mm. Don’t think about the ridiculous damage it does now, think about an APCR with realistic damage.

It is at the end of the day still a realistic game. While miscellaneous mechanics like repair times are changed for actual gameplay reasons, hard stats like armor and vehicle performance are kept realistic. That’s one of the main selling points of the game.

2 Likes

Tiger 1 this Tiger 1 That, breaking news you can now ammorack the early Tiger 2 with the 76mm from the front with APHE

4 Likes

It is an arcade game. Where has it EVER been marketed or explained as a simulator?

It may come down to preference but I do not mind things like that.

God this is not ok! I wanted more realistic shells but, come on!

Nice, hopefully they don’t butcher the implementation and then we can finally see APHE being balanced

But then they might go up in BR where more stuff can just lolpen them frontally

in the long lost names of Full-real battles and Historical battles

Thats a weird way to spell simulator…

and ignoring 48% of the playerbase makes it better? regardless, you’re making a lot of people dissatisfied, cleary something needs to change.

1 Like

I honestly think that those vehicles would become extremely busted if that were the case. A smart player should be aware of the surroundings, and their situation, to avoid being flanked. The removal of weakspots simply means you must try to flank if you want any possibility of killing them. This also includes fully uptiered heavy tanks (Tiger II H against Foch, for example).
Is this really what you want?

That’s true, they did decompress the BRs for ARH, but I doubt that they’ll do it for the APHE changes, let alone do it well.

It is not close to immune at all. Drivers port, and LFP are easy weakspots. And if you angle enough to negate those weakspots it is easy to pen the lower hull side
Apcr is inconsistent and does low damage.
The APHE nerf is not a APCR/Solid shot buff, which I would be in favor for.

1 Like

weird that they aren’t named that anymore innit

1 Like