Update 2.37.0.20

Aircraft

• A bug that caused countermeasures used in Ground Battles to be missing or issued in single quantities has been fixed. (Report).
  • Mirage 2000C-S5, Mirage 2000-5F — a bug that caused only 2 chaff out of 48 to be available for release has been fixed.
  • F-105D, F-100F, A32A — a bug that caused the countermeasure pods to release chaff just once has been fixed.
  • JA37D, JAS39A — a bug that caused the amount of countermeasures present in battle to mismatch the selected amount has been fixed.
  • Mirage F1C-200 — a bug that caused the amount of countermeasures in the selection window to be higher than the actual amount has been fixed.
  • Incorrect behavior of the BAFG-230 / 460 bomb acting as a tail fin retarded bomb has been fixed.
  • Harrier GR.7 — a bug that caused the BOL pods to not carry any countermeasures has been fixed. (Report).
  • Harrier GR.7 — a bug that caused presets with the AIM-9L + BOL to be locked unless the AIM-9M modification had been researched has been fixed.
  • JAS39 (all variants) — the incorrect sequence of firing countermeasures and the lack of display in battle of the additonal 12 countermeasures built into the wing pylon for the JAS39C variant has been fixed.
  • A bug that caused the firing of countermeasures in series to not function on helicopters has been fixed. (Report).
  • F-4F KWS LV — AIM-9L/I missile icons have been fixed. A bug that caused the belt selection for the 20 mm cannon to not appear in the modifications window has been fixed. (Report).
  • MiG-29SMT — the number of missile data link channels in the radar has been increased from 2 to 4. (Report).
  • A bug that caused the belt selection for the 30 mm cannon to not appear in the modifications window has been fixed. (Report).
  • JAS39C, Sea Harrier FA 2 — the number of missile data link channels in the radar has been increased from 2 to 4. (Report).
  • Mirage 2000-5F — the number of missile data link channels in the radar has been increased from 2 to 4. (Report).
  • Tornado F.3 Late — the number of missile data link channels in the radar has been increased from 2 to 4. (Report).
  • Fokker G.IA (France) — moments of inertia have been corrected. The operation of control surfaces has been corrected (deflection angles have been changed).
  • A bug that caused knocked-out gunners to fire has been fixed.

Ground Vehicles

• Strv 103 (all variants) — a bug that caused the tank to lose the ability to move when the driver was knocked out has been fixed. (Report).
  • Namer 30 — a bug that led to the fatal detonation of the external ammunition for the gun has been fixed. A bug where the gun did not jam when overheated has been fixed.
  • Challenger 3 TD — engine power has been reduced from 1500 HP to 1200 HP. (Report). (This was a missing point in the Seek & Destroy major changelog, the changelog has also been updated).

Naval Vessels

• VLT-2 — a bug where the ability to perform survivability actions was disabled due to the lack of crew has been fixed. (Report).
  • In the controls settings, the description of the seeker lock control has been corrected. (Report).
  • A bug which caused the belt-fed of clip-fed guns of some ships (for example, MTB-422, R-301, Thunderbolt (PT-556)) to not reload after spending a single belt or clip has been fixed. (Report).

Interface

• For vehicles available on the Marketplace, the “Find on Marketplace” button is now replaced with “Consume coupon” button in the tech tree, vehicle preview, and wishlist if the player has the coupon with this vehicle in their inventory.
  • A bug that caused aircraft with only chaff to have an indication of a number of flares to be displayed in the battle has been fixed.
  • A bug where selecting a weapon preset without countermeasures on some aircraft lead to the display of countermeasure “belts” in the modification window has been fixed.

Sound

The following sound changes have been reverted back to how they were before the Seek & Destroy major update due to feedback surrounding them, and some will be reworked:

• The changes to ground vehicle crew voices, and the clarity and audability of commands, in particular due to the echo when viewed from the gunner.
  • All explosion sounds due to the updated nature of the sound.
  • The sounds of artillery shells falling due to the annoying nature of the sound.
  • All long-range shots from ground vehicle cannons due to their monotony and “dull” sound.
  • The M61 Vulcan and GAU12 mutli-barrel guns, we realise the updated sound was not seen as an improvement.
  • The volume levels of all sounds, there are no changes now compared to what they were before the update.

Other

• A bug that caused Squadron Activity points to not be given has been fixed. (Report).

Patch notes reflect only key changes, meaning they may not include a complete list of all improvements made. Additionally, War Thunder is constantly being updated and some changes may not require an update. Changes reflected in patch notes are formed by taking reactions and requests of the community from the bug reporting service, forums and other official platforms into account. Bug fixes and changes are implemented in order of importance, for example a game-breaking bug will be worked on and implemented sooner.

12 Likes

Good thing the sound changes are being reverted. I really hated it after the major update, especially the arty sound

4 Likes

Very cool, I’m glad you reverted it.

This one wasn’t that bad IMO, but I can see why some would prefer the old.

Thanks for taking our feedback into consideration!

3 Likes

BR is reduced too, right? Right?

10 Likes

OH HECK YES!

Now we just need the other JAS39A/C Reports to be fixed as well! :D

Honestly, some of the sounds were “fine” but oddly implemented and or had an odd “mixing” done to them making the sound out of place compared to the environment.
Compare it to like hearing someone talk as if their in an empty bathroom whilst in reality standing in the forest.

5 Likes

No IRST bug fix ? It affects dozens of vehicles…

very nice

3 Likes

You gotta make the radar on the j11A better it’s so sad that it only can lock one person at a time but your giving other nations the ability to have more data link channels. It could have the N001VE that was meant for the MLU upgrade on j11A that was meant to make the j11 to be be able to launch fox threes or the j11b with the type 1493 radar but the j11 needs more love

2 Likes

i saw padme face. =D

More chance of pigs flying mate, didn’t give it blow out panels either or a spall liner… Hilarious

1 Like

For the longest time the day of the update I thought there was some autocannon near me it freaked me out. It took me multiple battles to finally realize it was arty. WTF was that idea of a sound ? Chugchugchugchugchug… Bruh.

Really happy they reverted it. I’ve liked most sound changes up to this update but this time was bad. I enjoyed none of it. Wasn’t that tested on the dev server prior to release ??

1 Like

The 2S38 can still fire indefinitely without jamming or overheating while the Namer got fixed overnight lol, it really goes to show how quick they are to fix anything that’s not Russian.

10 Likes

Still no fix for NVDIA Reflex being broken.

@Stona_WT, can we expect a fix for this anytime soon? Or just any acknowledgment of this issue would be great.

wait why sea harrier fa2- a bug that caused the BOL pods to not carry any countermeasures have not be fixed?

Man, Challenger 3 ain’t looking so hot

3 Likes

Why would it? DM53 is still the primary round of the tank.

Which bug is this? is there a report?

Challenger 3 TD HP shouldn’t have been reduced as it is a technical demonstrator not the prototype and even if the TD had the CV12-9A at minimum it should have 1350 hp !!

3 Likes

DM53 is the primary round of the Ariete as well

1 Like

oh, cannons go back to sounding like crap. After the patch they finally had some ‘weight’ to the sound…

3 Likes