Update 2.35.1.62

There was a considerable gap between 4.3 and 8.7 for Swedish SPAA with good AA capabilities.

The VEAK change fixes that, and adds a good AA to the 7.7-8.3 lineups.

Finnish zsu 57-2 has programmable ammo and a radar iirc so they could make it unique and give it a 8.0-8.3 or maybe 8.7 br while keeping the veak at 7.7, that is the only thing that would make sense to me since the change to the veak with no replacement is dumb imo.

3 Likes

some of the worst BR changes in recent years really.
for ground RB the M18’s stick out as especially bad since, as others have pointed out, the meta of the maps in the game changes constantly towards getting smaller with less chances to actually flank, making most maps shooting alleys and the M18’s seeing 7.0’s on those is ridiculous.

but the much more ridiculous change is that you stuck to your nonsense of compressing the whole 7.0-9.0 BR range in air RB further.
an F-84F now sits at the same BR as a Mig-15bis, one of the best fighters at 8.7.

gaijin, your “holy algorithm” doesnt work and we’ve been telling you this since a damn decade by now.

i will absolutely bully 7.0-8.0 jets with the lowered 8.3/8.7’s, you can be sure about this, and i hope many people do, just so you realize faster what a ridiculous change that was.

RAISE THE MAX BR RANGE, DECOMPRESS THE BR’S FOR ALL GAMEMODES!
i am so sick of this nonsense!

7 Likes

they could just as well have introdused the finnish prototype ZSU-57-2M that gives the ZSU-75 a radar and proxy rounds (and its a prototype so they can play around with what they add to put it in a good br, like give only proxy and put it at 8.0 like the Chinese version)

2 Likes

Gaijin making the ZSU unique and historically accurate isn’t even near the list of things to bother doing in the next 10 years.

i didn’t say to change the current Zsu, i said to add a prototype version the Finns made.

I thought finland only bought 1 ZSU? My fin is a bit lacking so documents are not the strong point of my reading without them being translated fully or having my friend help with the translating.

Bought and used 12 for many years if i remember correctly.

Hello

The HE-VT ammunition was unhistorical and incorrect for the VEAK. We are working to correct its ammunition, based on reports such as this one: Community Bug Reporting System

Other reports show its shell (slsgr m/484) perhaps should not have had a VT fuse in the first place.

As well as the historical aspect, Sweden also did not have a suitable SPAA for 7.7/8.0 lineups and with the removal of its incorrect shell and a change of BR, it suits the new position ideally.

3 Likes

They should but unless Gaijin gets on their hind horses and adds baked vehicle lights that have blackout lights. Chances are they won’t.

2 Likes

If they were more appealing, or just more fun, I’m sure more people would play them. Didn’t like them at all, personally.

1 Like

there is almost nothing in the linked report that is correct…
i’m comparing the stated information with the official AMKAT 1960 (a list of currently in active service ammunition) from the Swedish defence force and the projectile data there.

it is true that the slsgr m/484 is NOT a VT fused shell.
i reccomend this thread:

we have found A LOT of info so far, perhaps not enough to bring back the VT shell for VEAK yet, but its VERY close.

Why not introduce the Finnish prototype ZSU-57-2M instead?

2 Likes

Reason for the Type 81 C moving to 11.3 plz Others as well as I would love to know…

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know what Gaijin was doing here. Absolutely stupid decision to move them up and put them against 7.0 vehicles. Every change solidifies the idea that there’s just no way the developers play their own game.

2 Likes

That would’ve been a great addition, and a much better idea than changing the VEAK. Sadly Gaijin gonna gaijin.

to be fair though, the sources we do currently have does not mention the VEAK having VT fuses.

It suits the new position ideally despite now losing the only worthwhile SPAA they had, non-proxy SPAA is a joke and radar guidance atrocious.

Anything to protect CAS from being stopped, right?

VEAK

ItPsV

2 Likes

So why is the French Roland 1 9.7 but why is Germany and the US still 10.3. They literally the exact same turret on a different chassis. Only difference is the French one has IRST built into the gunner optic to where the US and German one have a massive radar dish attached to the front of the turret.

Why has NVD been removed from a vehicle that historically had them. Fox is often required at higher BRs, including at night-battle BRs

3 Likes

only the modification, not the actual NVD as i understand it.