Update 2.35.1.62

That was my thought, but according to others, NVD has been disabled

1 Like

How does removing NV from Fox or similar vehicles benefit the game? Will ASU-85 lose its NV? Will M551 Sheridan?

This seems to be a very arbitrary change, and counter to the realism of the game. Very concerned that the historicity and realism that built WT is slowly being disregarded.

4 Likes

oh… that would suck if that is the case…

yeah, I assumed it was jsut getting rid of a kinda unncessary thing to grind for these tanks. But out right removing them… is a very strange and concerning choice

2 Likes

Do we get our SL back if we bought the NVD mod???

French Roland is unable to elevate past 35° as it lacks a supporting radar tracker.

Because it has a broken neck (inability to look up), and the lock range is abysmal compared to the US/GER version despite those two using a French radar unit…

Not sure why they downtiered it instead of fixing the issue:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/jRIa6Pnr8zFh

2S38 still on 10.0 comrade cause why not it’s our game by the way

1 Like

We don’t rule out the future additions of other vehicles, but this was very much about also correcting the VEAK as well as the immediate improvement to the 7.7/8.0 lineup.

Any materials should be properly reported. However currently there is more evidence to show it did in fact not have it, as well as the shell itself being incorrect.

3 Likes

Was there a reason the German Su-22UM3K didn’t get the R-60MK but the Russian and Italian Su-22M3 did? Was this an oversight?

You have more than a dozen vehicles in game that never received certain ammo types. Hell, you have a whole airplane, the Yak-141, that never actually got a radar, RWR, countermeasures, or any air-to-air weaponry yet it’s in the game R-27ERs? Why?

“Well it was built to receive them” but yet it never went into service and it never officially received them. So why does it get to exist with a completely fictional loadout since it never had them historically? You (Gaijin in general, no you specifically) make a big point to balance with some sense of historical accuracy and yet that is allowed in the game? Where does historical accuracy matter?

I have to agree with the frustration that a lot of people have here. Gaijin seems to be firing from the hip with these corrections and then seemingly can’t understand why people are upset. Why couldn’t the change be held off until another and copy-paste ZSU was added to balance it? That way it doesn’t feel like you’re punching the Swedish mains in the face and then rubbing salt in the wound.

4 Likes

In before your post is deleted. Also has the glitch been fixed where i cant move my turret?

That and/or being timed out of the forum for two weeks again. It is what it is, I guess.

2 Likes

Genuine question, what’s so bad about the VEAK going down? There is another 8.7 SPAA that can be used instead, and the 7.7-8.3 lineups get a solid radar SPAA.

It isn’t so much about the VEAK in particular that spurred me to write that out, but the wildly inconsistent manner to which Gaijin hangs on to this statement they push about balancing around historical accuracy. I don’t have the VEAK but I get that specific frustration.

My argument would then come down to: they had to had some sort of documentation that they thought was accurate enough to implement the vehicle with that round in the first place. Or it comes across as a further example of Gaijin just making stuff up. Where does historical accuracy matter then?

2 Likes

The marksman turret is pretty underwhelming, if youve played britain or sweden youd know the wide guns fuck with the accuracy. Thats why the smaller platform like the gepard are better. Besides the veak was the best spaa until 10.3 due to gun elevation. If sweden got something like strela or could look up with their spaa then they wouldn’t need tonuse the veak. Now that its lost the only thing it was good at i dont bother using it since i dont really enjoy the poor performance it offers imo. Like the zsu 37-2 but more underwhelming and without a 7.7 lineup.

1 Like

It’s trash in comparison, and the completely random arbitrary way of balancing things annoys people.
SPAA with proxy shells are the only worthwhile SPAA at those BRs.

1 Like

There are several cases of giving vehicles ordinance they did not use in order to balance them.
is there a possibility to give back the HE-VT round and move the VEAK up to around 9.0 if ever there is a vehicle (like the ZSU-57-2M) introduced that covers that 8.0 lineup?

1 Like

The UM3K is a different aircraft variant with different countermeasures. The Devs initially opted to monitor this aircraft first after the changes. It’s possible it will receive them in the future, but it first needs to be reviewed.

1 Like

True, but that was always balanced out by the fact that the Su-22M3 has a much better engine, is lighter, and has an extra gun. Just seems a bit unfair to me.