Unplayable FPS drops

to me it happened like twice today so i think its stll around

my specs:

RTX 2060

AMD ryzen 2700X

16gb ram

game installed on HDD

1 Like

I have got the same problem. 400+ fps on high graphic settings and randomly having 50 fps for couple of seconds during the match. AND I also experience ultra annoying keyboard input lag. Like I press β€˜A’ and tank rotates left then I don’t push β€˜A’ anymore but tank keeps steering left for a while. Same for forward, backward and rotate right, zoom, binoculars. If anyone else experience two annoying bugs at the same time?

First I thought it is because my keyboard is more than 5 years old at this point but it works perfectly in other games or while typing stuff and when tried another keyboard still the same issue.

I am working msi afterburner to keep an eye on temps and loads but everything seems normal during fps drop moments or keyboard lag moments.

My specs:
rtx4090
i9 13900k
64gb RAM 6000mhz
SSD
360mm liquid cooling
1200W psu

Jo I had the same issue and managed to fix it!
I thought that maby my drive was to slow because i had it installed on my HDD because i told myself i wouldnt need the faster loading times>
But after having had these issues and tryied litterally everything
i moved the install directory in steam via the game settings by steam. YK the little gear icon and in there change the directory ? move the files to a SSD

Did the trick for me and sure is worth trying out
Hope that fixes it

After moving it to my SSD all stutter was gone
well i played all afternoon and it didnt come once so yeah

My game is on the ssd also and it lags for me from 240 fps down to 30

Same problem just occured right now. My FPS went from 50 to 7(Max) wich is completely unplayable for me. My laptop might be sucking, but other games are working fine.

Windows 11 Education (for some reason ;)
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Silver N6000 @ 1.10GHz 1.11 GHz|
Installed RAM-memory: 8,00 GB (7,75 GB left)
System Type: 64-bits, x64-processor|

Please help, i can’t grind on the winter extreme now!
Thnx!

Same here, game is unplayable.

The game IS unplayable for me too. Each time I get into battle it starts out good and about 1-2 mins into the battle the frames drop to 10 and it takes about 45 seconds to come back up. So frustrating and I’m tired of this! I spend too much money and time on this game!!! Please fix!!!ASAP!!!

I found a solution for what was happening to me. Apparently the root cause was Easy Anti-Cheat, and with my specific system I had to: Go to windows power plan settings and disable USB selective suspend in advanced options.

Apparently selective suspend was causing Easy Anti-cheat to do a full scan again after the USB ports were suspended for inactivity.

4 Likes

Thank you very much, this has fixed the issue for me.

AMD 7950X3D
Asus Crosshair X670E Hero
32GB 6000mt
Gigabyte 4090 gaming OC

After launching the game after a few minutes i would experience extreme stuttering across entire system (while still in garage or in battle), after a minute it would stabilize and not return.

Disabled selective suspend and waited 20 minutes, no issues, enabled selective suspend, problem returned.

Thank you! Disabling this setting solved my stuttering problem too.

I tried this and I already had selective suspend disabled. Any other ideas?

For me, the in-game FPS display and the Razer Cortex overlay do not show real FPS drops, but I still have very short still images when I am in the sights. And this is not only in War Thunder but also in World of Warships and I have no idea why this happens. If someone could help or has suggestions would be nice.

Same here, having Lenovo Legion 5 Pro with RTX 3070 card, had 50 fps in high graphics mode, now 18-22 fps in any mode, even in low graphics mode. Changing the modes almost does not affect the low FPS.
this crap started a month ago, wtf

updating nvidia driver did not help, disabling selective USB suspend did not help

turn of HAGS has fix this for me!

Well done Ishaar, you get 10 points, nice find, i noticed this when windows changed my power settings after update.

i fixed mine by luck, wondering how did you spot this?

Hello, i disabled the usb selective suspend, and the game still is massively randomly dropping from 100fps to 29 or even 5 fps, I tried to reisntall the game, It’s unplayable, any more info about fixing it? Im playing only ground battles.

1 Like

Same problem, i can run at 140+ fps, but i limit it at 120fps, randomly i get 20fps drops and it is consistent. it happens using ground vehicles, using air it is rare.

Specs:

R7-5700G
RX 7800XT
16GB RAM
The game is installed on a Samsung 970 nvme

The game uses less than 70% of the gpu most of the time, and the CPU has never been a problem.
I have even checked temps and they are normal.

I have tried reinstalling all the system drivers and even reinstalling win11.
I have tried verifying the game files integrity, but no problem was detected.

I am running the latest radeon drivers: 24.1.1

2 Likes

same with me, but it happens multiple times from 100-5 fps when im trying to dog fight or even sometimes just turn and it happens for a few seconds at a time and it happens atleast once every min id say

2 Likes