Unplayable FPS drops

Before I was playing it with graphics maxed out, had like 90-140 fps. now i can set it on low and still get frame drops and stutters every Air RB match, esspecialy in crucial moments when rockets are flying everywhere. With every update it gets even worser. After a long time waiting for a fix, im losing hope and interest in this game :(

1 Like

I have zero idea what the issues is, been happening for weeks the hanger lags so bad that I stop attempting to even play a match FPS jumps from 30-5 and back and forth. Used to stay pegged at 60 in the hanger 144 in game. Have been playing WT for years and never really had an issue.

Tried
Updating PC FW/SW — no dice, well it worked for 1 game and then back to unplayable
Lowered the graphics to a laughable level — no change
Uninstalled - Reinstalled - no change

I’m at a loss on the issue — But I can play Hell let Loose — ZERO issues — NO FPS issues and the highest graphic level so its not hardware. PLEASE FIX !

Spec
Windows 11
i9 CPU
4080 GPU
64GB of DDR5
installed on SSD

How many monitors are you using when you’re playing? If you run multiple displays, you can find out who’s getting your CPU’s attention. I used to have this a lot when I was using Intel, but now it’s as infrequent as sneezing.

To discover who’s giving the CPU chokes, run Task Manager and sort processes by % high to low.

It could possibly be a Win11 process that is recurring like checking status of e-mails, memory scans, etc.

Hello,

Same issue there… I tried every graphics options to get rid of random fps drops but still has 20-30 fps drop (from 140+) every 2-3 seconds.
It’s unplayable because the game freeze a little…

PC spec :

R7 5800X
Nvidia 4080 super
32 GB RAM
NVME

!!! Solution !!!

I’ve had the same issue since the last two updates. I would get a stable 180 fps with max movie graphic settings but then I’d experience these dips to approx. 5 fps every 10 seconds.
My specs are:
RTX 2070 Super
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
32GB 3600mhz corsair vengeance pro
850w
etc…

Yesterday I read, “Go to Windows power plan settings and disable USB selective suspend in advanced options.” - Ishaar For many people, this was the issue, although it didn’t change anything for me and a load of other people. Yet I left it like that just to be sure.

Today I figured I’d check if I had put my ram in correctly. Turns out my younger self was a tad bit more stupid than I am now. I had bought two two-packs of RAM, identical to the eye but with a different serial number. I had accidentally put the ones with the same serial number next to each other. Due to this, I would only get a 2133mhz frequency but after this, I could get the advertised 3600mhz. This completely solved the issue for me. (Change the frequency in your motherboard bios). No more stuttering. In conclusion, check that your RAM is set at its highest advertised frequency, and also consider disabling USB selective suspend in advanced options.
(If you want to check that it’s running at the frequency you set, open Windows command prompt and type “wmic memorychip get speed” and it will show you the frequency in mhz).

Hopefully, this helps!

Same here, it lowers from 90fps to 60 or even 30 some times.

Specs:
I5 11th gen
16 GB DDR4 ram
Nvidia RTX3050 (laptop)

Maybe is DirectX. I think it’s fault of directX 9, instead of 11. And now you can’t change it.

I’ve been experiencing this issue ever since i upgraded from an RX6950XT to an RX7900XTX around the time the 7900’s launched. That’s literally the only change. This happens in windows 10 and 11. I tried an RX 7900 XT and it works okay (no abnormal fps drops).

Ryzen 7 7700x
RX 7900 XTX
32 GB DDR5
X670E MB

I submitted a trouble ticket and all i got were a bunch of instructions and when that didn’t work they supposedly submitted it to the devs and i never heard about it again.

I have my FPS capped to 144 for my monitor, but every time i launch the game, 5 minutes after getting to the hangar it drops to ~15-30 FPS for ~1 minute.

yeah i used to get a bunch of fps but now i get constant stutters and my fps is way worse for no reason