Unplayable FPS drops

Happens to almost everyone in a round at almost the same time. Going from 140 down to 15-30 for 2-3 seconds. Playing with mates and all of us experience it within 10-30 seconds from when the first one gets the stutter. Been happening for the past week, some small update messed something up recently. Asking if anyone else is getting it in game chat will return several approvals. Never experienced such stutters in WT before.

4 Likes

AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 I’m using 180-220 fps, suddenly it drops to 15-30 fps for 2-3 seconds.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.11.1

There was no such problem a week ago, I didn’t even see below 180 fps

2 Likes

yeah me to i have had 300-400 fps but now i have 200-340 fps and fps drops in battles note that this time between these two is around 4 months and a computer that have monthly check ups should not run the game that poorly even with minimum or low medium high max or movie the same lag spike happens not any diffrence in avg fps between the settings

People are saying they’re going down to 15fps but mine seems to completely freeze for maybe 1-2 seconds and come back fine. Seems to happen once per game; every game. Started happening in the past few days.

r9 7950x; 3080 Ti; 32Gb RAM

Edit: Actually, it’s happening exactly 4 minutes into the game, at 21:00 game time.

3 Likes

I am having same issue. I have not noticed an exact time it occur,. but I have nearly identical specs… rtx 4090 , ryzen 7950x. It started occurring a few days ago

1 Like

same issue has been happening here for what seems like the past week. not really sure what started it, but its been getting more and more annoying every time it happens, especially at critical match moments.
hoping it is resolved soon

2 Likes

Hi,

I have had this same problem for 2 days, before I did not have this problem and my configuration did not change

My config:

I7 12700
DDR4 32 GB RAM class 16 3200 MHz
RTX 3070Ti
SSD P3 Plus crucial 1 TB

Well i guess i will pitch in.

Have had it happen in ground RB and Air RB. Same type of behavior where its 1-4 seconds of low framerate stutter (probably 20-40fps) before returning to normal.

Could be related to a seperate but similar issue of smoke/dust particles causing stuttering.

Specs:
R5 3600
DDR4-2733 32GB
Rx 7900 XT

Resolution: 1440p, but supersampling from 5K

2 Likes

I had 2 freezes the 2nd one black screened my whole pc and i had to restart

1 Like

Here’s another one with the same problem, since Sons of Attila the problem started and got worse with Kings of Battle, I even formatted thinking it could be some program or application in the background, since like many people, nothing had changed on my configuration and it always oscillated between 90 and 120 fps, now I have drops to 25 with momentary freezes at key moments, it usually affects more in aerial games, let’s see if they can provide a solution.

2 Likes

Same problem since last update, fps drops hard, and some animations are very strange… Hope it gets repaired soon

2 Likes

Hi,

A few patches ago, I’ve been experiencing the same symptoms. The only difference is, my FPS drop is momentary and only during fire fights and crucially resulting to my demise.

Specs:

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D
  • AMD / ATI Radeon RX 6900 XT
  • Corsair LPX Vengeance 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Win10
1 Like

Today 0 fps drops. Maybe the fixed it?

Nope, I still get frame drops. It all began with Sons of Attila update

3 Likes

I’ve been experiencing the same thing as well for about 1-2 months.
PC Specs are:

• i7-9700k
  • RTX 2080
  • 32gb ddr4 (3000MHz)
  • Windows 10
1 Like

Same here. Unplayable in aircraft.

• Ryzen 7 5800X
  • RTX 3070 Ti
  • 32 GB
  • Windows 11

Same here. For me it’s pretty random. Goes to 0.5fps aprox and the whole computer freezes.

-Ryzen 9 3900X
-RTX 3080
-Windows 11

When did you last clean your PC out? My old game PC did that when it got hot ,There was tons of dust all over the graphics card when I opened it.Hit it with the air duster and it was fine.It be the amount people in your area using the net ,not always Gaijin.Although it’s often Gaijin lol .

It only happens with War Thunder, I could play a more demanding game for hours without any problem.
Temperatures are ok, since it’s prety cold here, and I regularly mantain my pc.

1 Like

Does your frame rate issue only occur after an update by any chance?

1 Like