United Korea Ground Forces Tech Tree

Wrong. The shenyang F-5 is marked as north korean.

I’m aware.

1 Like

kk

1+ support of united korean, would only make sense seeing ROC and PRC together in 1 tree.

7 Likes

+1
I would like to drive a north korean tank lol.
Also might be a bit hard getting the stats but will be worth it

2 Likes

UPDATE

New Vehicles:

• Cromwell V (Captured) – BR 3.3, Rank III

Renamed Vehicles:

• M2020 → Ch’ŏnma-2
  • M2020 (P) → Ch’ŏnma-2 (P)
  • Ch’ŏnma-216 (2012) → Ch’ŏnma-216 (2010)
  • Ch’ŏnma-216 (2014) → Ch’ŏnma-216 (2013)
  • Ch’ŏnma-216 (2018) → Ch’ŏnma-216 (2017)
  • 323 Light Tank → 323 (85mm)

Notes:

• Cromwell V could also be South Korean, they captured and restored some back from North Korea after they captured them from the British
  • I got the years wrong when I made the Ch’ŏnma-216 suggestions; all 3 have been changed here and on their individual suggestion pages
  • 323 light tank name changed to better match the other 323 tanks
4 Likes

Cromwell V (Captured) must be removed. This is a rumor that is incorrectly known to many Koreans.

Cromwell was captured by the Chinese forces in battle of Happy Valley, not the North Koreans. These tanks originally belonged to the 42nd and 43rd Regiments of the Royal Ulster Rifles.

“이 전차는 제2차 인천상륙작전 종료 직후 다른 전리품과 함께 부두에 보관되어 있었는데, 영국해병대에서 밤 사이 가져가 버렸다. 당시 노명호 함장과 김종기 부대장이 영국사령부에 항의했으나 돌려받지 못했다.
“This tank was stored at the pier along with other booty right after the 2nd Incheon Landing Operation ended, but the British Marine Corps took it overnight . At the time, Captain Noh Myeong-ho and Vice Admiral Kim Jong-gi protested to the British Command, but it was not returned.

by Testimony of Master Sergeant Park Chan, engineer of the PC-701 ROKS Baekdusan, April 7, 1966

Source: 해군본부. (2010). 6ㆍ25전쟁과 한국해군작전. pp.400.

IRL is NOT the Battlefield or Company of Heroes series, so it is impossible that Marine Corps riflemen drove the Cromwell and used them in battle as if they had prepared them in advance. If that was possible, there would be no reason for MSG Park Chan to get off the PC-701 and go see it. The 701 written on it stands for PC-701, and is not the official SN assigned to the tank.

Let’s think about the Abrams captured by ISIS from Iraqi government forces. Clearly, ISIS forces captured Abrams, graffitied and filmed for propaganda. However, that propaganda does not answer the question of whether ISIS could have used it for combat purposes.

A British officer can be seen wearing a beret.

3 Likes

I’m aware, I’ve already written a suggestion for it. I just overlooked it, I’ve edited it to specify it was captured by China initially.

I appreciate your source but as it stands, it’s the only one saying this.

A) what about this photo?
yTmyXSH_d
Who is operating it? It’s not the British.

B) How does your source refute the claim that a North Korean captured Cromwell was the first confirmed kill of the Centurion?

1 Like

Oh, I misunderstood your argument. There is no problem implementing it as belonging to NK, not SK. (As you can see, my explanation above is a rebuttal to the ‘South Korean’ Cromwell.)

The Chinese captured these tanks from the British in the Battle of Happy Valley, and it seems that they were later transferred to the Chinese to replenish the North Korean army, which was suffering a great collapse. Incheon was the area of ​​responsibility of the North Korean West Coast Defense Command.

2 Likes

+1

Ah, I see, no worries :)

I haven’t seen anybody ask this, but on which team would this in SIM be? Becouse it has both Soviet- and Nato style tanks.

1 Like

Same as China, I would imagine.

But SK was always on the opposing side than the soviet block, why would they be on their side?
The same is also true with NK, who was always communist, that is why I am asking. Sim alaready suffers from landlease and captured vehicles, we don’t need more of them.

My point being the Chinese tree has Taiwan with western vehicles.

Granted, the majority of them are Chinese rather than Taiwanese, and this United Korea proposal is roughly 50:50. I don’t see much of a problem considering there isn’t much copy-paste. Yes, it might feel odd killing a K2 in a Challenger 2, or a Ch’onma-2 in a T-90M, but at least they’re not copy-paste and you’re struggling to identify camo/decals.

Most of the copy-paste is concentrated around Rank III and IV, I already wrote a list:
For North Korea:

• T-34 1942
  • PT-76
  • BTR-80A
  • T-54
  • Type 59

For South Korea:

• M24
  • M4A3
  • M46
  • M47
  • M36B2
  • M56
  • M48A1 (Premium)
  • BMP-3 (Premium)
  • T-80U (Squadron + slightly different compared to USSR version)

Total of ~14 vehicles in a tree with 102 vehicles total – 13.7% copy paste

6 Likes

You think Gajin would only add that many?
On the other han after reading a bit about it, I accept that SK has more ties to china than japan.
But still, Gajin is lazy, they would add way more copy paste vehicles.

I think we also have this problem with tons of minor nations, like hungary, turkey, south africa, ROC and thailand.
I would suggest for SIM we use the operating nation and not the TT for teams.

1 Like

Egyptian Army K9A1 Thunder in a Military parade

This is especially interesting since it makes Egypt a small club of countries to use weapons from Both Koreas

egypt-first-country-in-middle-east-to-use-k9-thunder-self-v0-va1tp4dz8bxb1

1 Like

What do they have from the North?

My guess is either some early models of Chonma or Koksan?

No tanks, but they’ve sold each other various missiles iirc. Iran used the Koksan and Ch’onma, and Iraq captured a couple Koksans (and converted one to 180mm), but not Egypt

Edit:

To reward North Korea for its contributions to Egypt’s 1973 war effort, President Anwar el-Sadat authorized the sale of Soviet-made Scud-B missiles to the DPRK from 1976-1981. The North Korean military responded to Cairo’s missile sales by technologically assisting Egypt’s Scud-B missile production efforts.

Egypt’s missile industry has particularly benefited from close military links with North Korea. During the 1990s, Egypt’s defensive capabilities were enhanced by Mubarak’s purchases of Scud-C missiles from North Korea. These procurements encouraged North Korean scientists to assist Egypt’s Scud-C missile production program during the late 1990s and early 2000s

Edit 2:
Oh, and Egypt supposedly severed their ties with North Korea after the US cut their military aid – Report: Egypt cuts military ties with North Korea | AP News

2 Likes