UK's Mig-21 Bison discussion

Why do you want another tornado? you should be asking for the TSR 2 with 4 red tops which, if ever added, would be slapt at 11.7 due to it being british.

or cheetah c

Just my two bits but 12.0 is too high, should be 11.7 top. Also R-73 and R-27s can be carried on all pylons.
Also Soviets should get the bis-93 as their equivalent.

4 Likes

What other missiles would it have? Skyflash or AMRAAM?

Aim-7 actually I think. Not entirely sure on exact loadout

Or that

Interesting. I’d definitely buy it

1 Like

i dont know man but the Bison in 11.7 it would still face 3 gen platforms with ARH missiles if it gets uptiered to 12.7, and the F-20 would get 13.0 uptiers that thing would be a damn pain in the ass to use it, soo… i think that the most safest choice to keep them competitive even in an uptier is allowing them to have R-77 and AIM-120 and send them to 12.3 that would be a perfect BR for those 2, come guys already have the J8F in 12.3 with an AIM-120C equivalent just 2 but my point stand still, we have the sea harrier FA2, the AV8B+ both in 12.3 and the F-4F KWS in 12.7 with 8 missile in total, i really think that the F-20 and the Bison deserves the ARH missiles because at the same time this would create a sub BR when the J8F, AV8B+, Sea Harrier FA2, F4F KWS, F-20 and Bison could fight each other evading atleast %60 to %70 of uptiers soo… this would keep the jets being competitive and balanced, and we dont have the Yak 141 which can recive the R-73s and R-77 getting moved to 12.3 too this would be really amazing because with more jets in the range of 12.3-12.7, the 11.3 to 11.7 jets are not going to suffer too much being matched against ARH missile slingers, but at the same time those 12.3 to 12.7 ARH missile slingers are not going to suffer to much uptiers to 13.0 soo… for me guys is a totally yes for the F-20 and the MIG-21 Bison to recive ARH missiles. @Smin1080p i think the devs are actually thinking about this but for the doubts this is my serious opinion about this.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t complain if they upgraded it to prototype 4, unless of course they were saving that for the tech tree, a man can dream…

What do you mean?
You mean, Bison can shoot down F-16 with R-73 and R-27R in this game or Bison can shoot down F-16 if it has R-77 in reality?
I can’t understand your Opinion.
Please don’t ridicule someone ambiguous and don’t make a wrong conjecture.
I just mean I wonder why modern Russians put only 60 countermeasures in modern aircraft, NOT meaning bison MUST have countermeasures over than 60 in this game or Bison will suffer with 60 countermeasures in 11.7br.

1 Like

I agree Indian MiG-21 (and T-90 IMO) should just be Russian instead of British, but with the MiG-21’s case its not a big loss since Russia can just get the MiG-21-93

I think Gen-3 airframes with highly advanced missiles are about equal to Gen-4 airframes with their early missile kit (think avg 12.0/12.3). Its a solid tradeoff that diversifies the transitionary point between generations in game. Would rather the MiG-21 Bison get R-77s and get bumped up slightly than remain where its at currently

1 Like

Issue is, they dont. Not really. They have equal loadouts to those they will be facing, I’d agree if we were talking about SHar FA2 with 4x ASRAAM and 2x Aim-120Bs at 13.0 or Tornado F3 Late with Aim-9M/ASRAAM and Aim-120C5s at 13.0. Where they had clear advantages over their opponents. But they just dont. The reality is, is that anything 12.0+ is likely going to be matched against 13.0s a significant amount of the time and full downtiers are going to be quite rare.

1 Like

Yeah sorry to clarify, but that is exactly what I mean, that matches between (for example) F-15A with just AIM-7+AIM-9L versus F-4 ICE with irccm+arh would be balanced

Yep, I was really disapointed when they started handing out Aim-9Ms like TicTacs last year. Shar FA2 with Aim-9Ms and Aim-120Bs vs F-16s and co with 9Ls might have been a fair fight. Now im thinking something like the SHar might need to be 11.7 ish just to stand a chance and then we are just making compression even worse

1 Like

What’s the point of this image?

radar gets HMD lock and elevationLimits from 10 to 40

1 Like

HOLY SHIT… this is actually amazing, hmd is great but radar hmd is the be all end all for dog fighters. allows you to get them quick SARH head on shots in seconds on the gripen so im looking forward to it in this.

[DEV] MiG-21 Bison smoky canopy glass
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/L1adcbYsnXSw

1 Like