UK's Mig-21 Bison discussion

that aint true, depends on the angle and most shots u make with a 9m at those distances your aiming right at them, with the r73 their more deflection shots as thats how your meant to use them however that doesnt tend to go well for irccm. its the difference with how you use them.

1 Like

Literally any plane with flares can flare R-73, especially lower BR planes with weaker engines.

The F-104 without flares is dogshit anyway it will die to any 15G+ missile, R-73 doesn’t make a difference.

Unlike 9M, R-73 is easier to flare the weaker your engine is.

1 Like

If Bison received R-77 it could go to 12.7 just like that. R-77 is very draggy but still strong and has no right to face 11.0. With these missiles Bison would be able to just avoid the fight or turn away and brake the lock if needed.

I can prove you wrong any day any time. The myth about the unflareable R-73 just needs to die already. It’s utterly horrible in terms of IRCCM.

The IRCCM only works against hot planes like F-15, but even a R-60 will chase F-15 over flares.

1 Like

oh i know the r73 is flareable, but not to the level your saying. the 9m has a better irccm but the r73 still has an irccm and it does work. its not so bad as to compare it to a r60m lol, nor put a jet with 4 of them at 11.7. 12.0 would be the minimum just as 10.7 should be the minimum for any jet with 9ls. ignore the fm, these missiles need minimum brs.

Magic 2 has copy paste IRCCM as R-73, and mirage 2000 is 11.7, with better flight model and radar missiles better than garbage R-27R

1 Like

Never happened to me. My Magic and R-73 always hit in sub 1km launches.

There’s a simple measure you can use to prevent that - preflaring

Good luck pre flaring when target just chases you and doesn’t fire and waits for you to stop flaring, especially in garbage eastern planes with low amount of flares. Not every plane can periodically fire flares for 10 minutes like Gripen or F-15/F-14

1 Like

What jet are you flying that dogfight or turning into the enemy is not an option bruh

Bison uses Israel flare dispensers

Try turning into F-16/Gripen in garbage can Su-27 please

If you really end up in a situation without exit that’s on you. Su-27 has missile advantage over any jet in game and can easily run from F-16 or Gripen

1 Like

You do know that BOLs no longer work for pre-flaring.

one of the best missiles in the game is garbage to you? what are R-60s then? or weaker AIM-9s?
yeah both AAM-3 and AIM-9M are harder to flare but R-73 has it’s strongpoints that those two don’t.
this is very simply the asymmetry of warfare, these missiles are equivalents but that doesn’t mean they fulfill the same niches

2 Likes

Just want to say would love to see the Bison as a GE premium not a Pack premium.

1 Like

why would you want it as a ge premium? its just worse as you dont get premium or ge. a ge premium you need to get 10k ge no matter what so there just isnt a point.

10.000 GE is only 50, instead of 75… those GE you get for “free” arnt free…

2 Likes

So… it is 11.7BR now?
I know some loadouts are missing but, still wtf

Did they change it in Dev server to 11.7?

1 Like