Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

Commonwealth of nations

This saves in-game nation at least in ground tech lmao

Literally the main option
@Yuanfurba have you even read this suggestion, or came here directly to cause disturbance?

It’s a reply to your recent message

1 Like

Why would it need a save? the fun thing about having nations is the difference in type of vehicles, playstyle and diversity. Now it’s just all copy and fighting yourself/playing mixed battles in toptier especially. Why play Germany if Italy gets the better German made Leopard for Hungary or sweden if Italy gets the better grippen, why play Germany if you got Italy or sweden, why play GB (air) when you have Italy. It doesn’t make sence and isn’t fun to play against

Yes i did, but the begin is too early(Soviet era). Either very late Soviet or ukraine. Rank 6 or 7 is alright not rank 4 or already ingame Soviet vehicles

I have a framework for an updated tree just so everyone is aware, just a LOT of personal stuff is going on, I’ve put it on standby. My current two projects are:

• Polish-subtree suggestion (more info on that later, don’t fret at the word of it being a “subtree”, it’s more complicated than that. It’s going to be quite different from the one on the old forum I made, link is below for it. Could also be used as a 4-division of a Visegrad tree which I also made. It will investigate all the options for Poland.) I also will be trying to create an option for a Polish Independent Tree which will be separate from this ^
  • Updating this tree to reflect new modifications and new vehicles as a whole like the MT-LBu w/ Parus or M1A1 SA-UKR.
13 Likes

Perhaps there should be another view at the position of Leopards in the tree - we dont need then to form a potent top tier, and there seems to be heightened scrutiny on Leopards and T-80s with the addition of the BeNeLux tree

The Leopard 2A6, unmodified, should probably go

The 2A4V - maybe? Does the added protection make that much of a difference now?

M1A1 SA-UKR - Can stay, its even “modified from the factory” for Ukraine. And it gets cage/slat armor, K1, ARAT-1 and possibly K-5?

1 Like

Rheinmetall has agreed to build Lynx tanks for Ukraine, locally in Ukraine, according to multiple German and Ukrainian news reports. First Lynx will be produced till the end of this year.

So it’s safe to add Lynx (presumably KF-41, but specific modification is currently unknown, maybe there will be multiple variants) to the Ukrainian Tech Tree without any further reservations.

(Illustrative photo)

6 Likes

We will need definitive proof that Ukraine will get their hands on KF41s, France said they would send Leclercs and never did. Once the burden of proof exists, then it can be added to the list.

Do we want the Avenger SHORAD System in the tree?

There isnt a gap in capability for it to fill - the Strela10M3 is the strongest IR-Homing AD in the game (now at 10.0) and the Strela-1 covers the 9.3 range.

Neither is it unique or modified in a meaningful way.

That being said, I dont think it will cause much controversy. And the fun aspect of it - the Thermals, and a fast vehicle base (ie, the Japanese Type-93) might make people support the addition.

Illustrative Photo - US Army National Guard, 2015

4 Likes

KF-41 is a future prospect
(IMO, when the ongoing conflict dials down or goes temporarily cold)

1 Like

M1A1SA-UKR different config (s) compilation:

M1A1SA-UKR now along with with Kontakt-1 ERA on LFP and UFP and M-19 ARAT-1 blocks on hull sides gets slat-armor on turret sides, turret roof and hull rear.

With Kontakt-1 ERA on turret front and sides and slat-armour on turret roof on top of the existing K-1 ERA on hull LFP & UFP. The usual M-19 ARAT-1 blocks on hull sides.

Another variant having M-19 ARAT-1 blocks at turret front and sides & on hull sides, on top of the existing K-1 ERA on hull LFP, UFP and little bit on turret sides:

edit: whoa, was not aware of the new pic posting restrictions imposed

7 Likes

Seeing these images with blurred backgrounds ever since that deletion wave is way too funny to me

2 Likes

Germany to supply Ukraine with Boxer 8x8 AITO.
Boxer IFV with the RCT30 turret. Able to engage aerial as well as ground targets, AITO = All In (The) One.

7 Likes

wheeled PUMA go nyoom

1 Like

Reportedly, Slovenia transferred to Ukraine 20 BOV armored vehicles with 12.7mm machine guns and six BOV’s with Zastava M55 cannons. The latter could be an interesting addition to the AA branch.

Images are illustrative.

2 Likes

What do you think about Polish-Czechoslovakian tech tree idea. I think it would be intresting suggestion

To yugoslavia first thank you.
Second, the modifications of the vehicle in question lack Igla launchers. (Images illustrative i know lol)
Though I thought our BOVs were scrapped or in state of disrepair. So let’s see about how that stuff works out

1 Like

Yeah, there’s no actual photos of AA for now, and original article at 24ur mentions “šest BOV 3x20 milimetrov”. So Igla is very optional (could be also installed back domestically, I guess).

Anyway, it’s place in Ukrainian TT could be a GE premium.

1 Like

Ehhh.
I still think that foreign made ukraine operated vehicles could for sure be added but only after they run out of domestic designs, which they defo don’t lack IMO

1 Like

Iglas aren’t optional.

BOV-3AX is the Serbian variant which mounts Iglas. This is not what Slovenia has.

5 Likes

Returning to more important matters, Rheinmetall has announced it is planning to mount Skyranger 35 anti-aircraft system on Leopard 1 tank hulls, creating a new vehicle to bolster Ukraine’s defenses, according to Telegraph article.

A mocked-up image credited to Rheinmetall:

That’s another nice addition for Ukrainian AA branch.

12 Likes