Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

The Barrier-S, new and officially entering UAF service.

The Barrier-S.

On another side of things, the Barrier-S or also known as the Shturm-SM, is an anti-tank system that passed state trials and will be deployed (around 15 in total) in the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The vehicle utilizes the OPSN-I optical sight system that is fully stabilized as well as features thermal imaging, a 20x zooming capability, and laser rangefinder. The sight is capable of locking onto targets up to 11km away with the laser rangefinder having a max range of 7km. The vehicle also features 8x 81mm smoke grenade launchers and a laser warning receiving to warn of incoming laser-guided munitions. The vehicle fires the RK-2P and RK-2POF missiles, one being a tandem-HEAT warhead capable of penetrating 800mm behind ERA and the other featuring a high explosive warhead. The missiles have a max range of 6-7km. I will update the vehicle suggestion soon.

Summary/Expected Gameplay Values:

• Thermals and 20x zoom capability, believed to be of 3rd generation with locking capability.
  • Two missiles, one Tandem HEAT with around 800mm+ of penetration behind ERA and the other a high explosive warhead w/ a range of out to 7km.
  • 8x 81mm Smoke Grenade Launchers
  • Laser Warning System
  • Similar gameplay to the in-game Sturm-S/SM with the exception of increased zooming/locking capability, as well as key countermeasures such as smokes and a much needed laser warning receiver. The vehicle still has the primary weakness like other MT-LB variants in having thin armor.

The OPSN-I Optical Sight system made by Luchs.

The Launcher that utilizes the RK-2P anti-tank guided missile, part of the Barrier missile family.

The testing of the platform.

Sources:

Suggestion Post:

6 Likes

For Russia or Ukraine?

This one Ukraine had made, utilizes indigenous missiles and electronics.

Edit: Added the source straight from the manufacturer.

5 Likes

This brochure from Luch actually has some fun developments that could further be added like:

• Strila-10 Luch, a uniquely modified Strela-10 with new missiles and optical tracking system. It uses the RK-10 missile with a range out to 10km and altitude of 3.5km. Thermal imager included.
  • Alta ATGM system, tandem warhead with 1,200mm of penetration for helicopters.
  • A Ukrainian ATGM for the BMP-3, a tandem warhead with 550mm of penetration.
  • The Barrier-S as seen above.
  • The BRDM-2 Amulet, an ATGM platform with a dual launcher for RK-2S missiles, a tandem-HEAT warhead with 800-900mm of penetration.
  • The Barrier-V anti-tank system, the air-launched version of the Barrier-S for helicopters.
1 Like

Haven’t found this in this thread (maybe my search skills failed me), but noticed new Militarniy article, which quoted British MoD press release about high effectiveness of surface launched ASRAAM system:

In summer 2022, a joint MoD-MBDA team developed air defence systems to fire ASRAAM from the ground for the first time. Within four months of initiating the surface launched ASRAAM project, these air defence systems were developed, manufactured, trialled and Ukrainian crews trained on their usage, on UK soil, before being transferred into Ukrainian hands.

The surface launched ASRAAM project has demonstrated the best of British engineering ingenuity and the agility of MOD and British industry to rapidly deliver very effective yet low-cost solutions to the frontline to meet urgent requirements. The systems have proven highly effective – with a successful hit rate reported as high as 90% against some air targets. Ukrainian operators have become adapt at their usage and have asked for more missiles to protect their country.

Since it was created specifically for Ukraine, and actively used here, it fully deserves to be in the Ukrainian tech tree.

2 Likes

I think their some like this that passed on ru forms
I can’t remember if it was this is as it was all in russian

Quick search on Ru forum didn’t show any results. There were few mentions of this system on this forum, but in context of adding it to the British ground forces, which is kind of ridiculous, since it’s a quick and budget ersatz system, made specifically for Ukrainian AA needs and UK will never need it or use it domestically.

It was a suggestion to uk due to not having a good spaa but it would be better in Ukrainian tree if that comes but the post was under the assumption that it would go to UK as it the most fitting tree that is in the game right now

2 Likes

Algerian T-72AG tanks upgraded locally with help from Ukraine
rumored to be more than 80 in service

3 Likes

Help me find a report from tests ERA “Nizh” in the UAE in 2003.

2 Likes

Good all around!

Maybe for the BTR-80UM : )

1 Like

It is difficult to find information about Nizh or Duplet ERA, especially tests and reliable performance measurements.

Do you have a timeline of tests for the ERAs?

I know there was a test in 2008 for Duplet…
One in 2003 for Nizh then….
I have searched further but maybe this link is the best I could get, although I am sure you are aware!

http://btvt.info/3attackdefensemobility/duplet.htm

Since Andrei is the one quoting this report in his articles, why don’t you try to ask him directly, in his twitter for example?

Also on an unrelated note, found link to this nice presentation on defunct Mikrotek site:

1 Like

From another video game forum, I know.
But maybe it has some truth to it.
And maybe someone can use a translation thing on it? I can’t seem to do it.

Declassified, apparently : )

IMG_2429

4 Likes

This is from testing VT4 and BM Oplot in Pakistan.

5 Likes

Thank you!

Noice!

I looked over the topic a bit more, I think Blastertitans idea would make sense, only thing I’d worry about is not being able to queue with a friend using another nation such as Kazakhstan, Belarus or Russia, not sure if this was a limitation or not, Iirc it wasn’t, just a unforeseen one.

1 Like

PT-91 Twardy of the 10th Operational Corps, Armed Forces of Ukraine

4 Likes

Ukraine is just a copy and paste of USSR for literally all the ranks until VII, so why bother copying an existing tech tree when it could be a subtree? I’m not opposed to the idea of getting Ukraine’s T84 Oplot and T64BV though.

4 Likes