Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

Yeah, there has to be a careful balance on Western vehicle implementation. Like the Leopard’s for example, I’m all down for because there’s several variants of them in the tree so it can make an effective line. Adding too many other types of MBT make it harder to keep a balance of popularity for people who don’t use the German or Soviet/Russian tree.

2 Likes

A bit too late to worry about it after Type 81 ( TAN-SAM-1C) was added to the game.
In War thunder this is known as “game allowances”.

6 Likes

And the launchers from the BM-31-12 and BM-13N could? No. Not saying it’s right but there is already established precedent for this not mattering. War Thunder is a video game at the end of the day.

2 Likes

M113 outfitted with a ZU-23-2.
IMG_20240106_210246

7 Likes

The photo shows almost nothing, it could be anything… Personally, I see only one barrel…

You can see two prominent black dots next to each other.
You can also (barely) see the round elevation mechanism that is very distinguishable on the ZU-23-2, so it’s definitely that.

7 Likes

Looks like Ukraine is taking queues from Greece and Lebanon since they also mounted the ZU-23-2 on their M113’s before

1 Like

so how much Ce protection

1 Like

well if we go from their main opponent 3BM42, has a penetration of 457mm in comparison DM33 has 496mm

50% are 228.5mm and 247mm ~238mm i guess of protection

Cant compare that to the russian ERAS, but either way gajin gonna say they are worse even if those are propably further developed from relikt one

1 Like
From tests you can see that the efficiency is higher.

BM44U (3BM42)

You can see the results of past attacks.
There is no penetration.
(upload://eZ9StWx82oS3lJiBa0kVmck57Bi.jpeg)

![32662955452_648c9ab229_o|1000x665]

2 Likes

Even still, I can see how people would be opposed to this.
Not that they are, but!
Not significantly modified, and we would have German, Swedish, Italian (HU Subtree with high probability) Leopards all over the game.

I could be leaning heavily towards this myself… just with the precedent it sets to have regular (non premium or event) techtrees vastly mix and match !

A case could be made if Leopard 2s were significantly modified or even just covered with Nizh, but something tells me the western allies would never allow such a thing as it is in their interests to see how a “stock” vehicle would perform in combat.

(Even though Leopards are regularly modified for different theatres anyway, cough cough)

((I also want so make a detailed post about Nizh and Duplet, but I don’t have the time right now. This is if anyone saw my previous post about it. I realised I was wrong and barely provided any information worth reading))

Are you serious about making a separate nation of clones? I have nothing against this country, but most likely the most interesting and unique tanks and planes will simply add to the USSR. Just later.

5 Likes

Yes, I think Ukraine has a place. There’s several unique vehicles as well as vehicles that it indigenously developed as well as inherited from the USSR. This can be also seen within most other nations already in-game. Nations like Poland, Czechoslovakia, Korea, etc., that people want in game also would consist of a lot of “clones” or foreign vehicles and domestic. A lot more than most people think. Appreciate insights/opinions of all kinds tho. Thanks.

7 Likes

that being said ukraine would make a better sub tree for a nation like poland,
All the donated vehicles just have no place anywhere, we dont need an abomination of a tree that get all leopards, challengers, abrams and t series tanks. Not to mention all the other donated stuff.
Ukraine should just be heavily limited in what additions it gets, if it gets ever implemented

Sure, it’s an option as I had posted a tree earlier. Specifically for this tree, that’s why I had previously stated that the Leopard would be the only one. The Leopard is one of the most exported MBT’s in the world and its given to see it all over the place, as well as there are multiple variants of the Leopard-series that Ukraine uses, spanning from Rank VI to Rank VIII so it’s significantly easier to use that within the tree alongside Ukrainian developments like the T-84-series. Having just those two MBT-families keeps it more focused without drawing too much attention away from other nations. There’s nothing wrong with having a set of Leopard’s in the tree.

When we see nations like Poland, you’re going to have T-series derivatives, Abrams variants, Leopard 2 variants, and the K2 Black Panther which contains more foreign MBT’s than this tree would considering this tree would only have the Leopard 2’s and the T-84’s (for what I’m trying to do with it).

3 Likes

i mean , Russian vehicles are under the USSR tech tree too, same will go for the Ukranian ones. Operator country: Russia Research Country: USSR , and the same will be for Ukraine, Operator country: Ukraine Research Country: USSR. same goes for east German vehicles in German tree , same went for Indian vehicles in UK tree and even China and Taiwan and are in the same tree lmao . the “donated” Western vehicles to Ukraine could be used to fill gaps in other tech trees as premiums or event vehicles.

5 Likes

This will never happen.

Donated vehicles fully deserved the right to be in Ukrainian tree, as many of those actually saw real combat in the last two years, unlike the vehicles in the trees where they originated.
Also it’s impossible to avoid Ukraine as one of the nations in the game if War Thunder strives to fully cover modern military and combat.

ps: what’s up with the sudden influx of RU forum lurkers with 1 comment in post history? Just joined the international forum and this is the first thread where you landed? FYI this thread is about independent Ukrainian tree, not about “USSR tree”, so please post your irrelevant offtopic elsewhere.

7 Likes

i don’t see how my post history or forum history is related to voicing my opinion on the matter. an Independent Ukraine tech tree is as viable as a Russian Federation tree and i tell you , you will not see either because both countries have deep roots in USSR. The thing you all do here is some fantasy play dreaming about something that will bring nothing of value to the game. What is the purpose of grinding USA ,Germany or Russia for specific vehicles if you can find something of each in a Ukrainian tech tree defeats the purpose of each tree offering something unique and bringing different play styles.
Im not against Ukraine in game ofc ,they got some interesting modifications of certain vehicles, but it’s gonna be a sub-tree most realistically. Come at me with concrete details and topics not just bashing my opinion away as if i would be biased. and why exactly "Operator country: Ukraine Research Country: USSR " wont ever happen? you know this 100%? :) for example the fact that the T-64 is in the USSR tech tree , a tank developed in Soviet Ukraine , so how is that impossible? it already happened brother.

4 Likes

From a technical view, being formerly a part of the USSR doesn’t matter. This was discussed with mods on the old forum based on current implementation guidelines. Adding sub-tree’s like those are just used to fill gaps within those nations you had stated. The USSR tree has 5 full lines with a pretty good BR spread. Could it happen, sure, there’s always a chance it could be placed as a sub-tree. A lot of people use the PRC/Taiwan tree as an example, but again, it was done to create multiple lines since the early part of the Chinese tree was lacking a lot of capacity.

Ukraine in some shape is guaranteed to come to the game at some point as its a very in-demand nation. It’s just a matter of how. It could be a sub-tree of the USSR or something, or as it’s own nation as a Israeli-style tree. Ukraine having a combination of East and West tech similarly to the West/East German Research Tree would make it unique, sought after tree that caps off with two (technically 3 with the most recent developments of the T-64) very popular tanks families, the T-84 and Leopard 2. Not to mention in a sale point, it’s popularity would be very profitable for Gaijin.

I’m currently working on a revamp of the tree to draw out more of Ukraine’s developments to make it more unique,

9 Likes