Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

This addition makes no sense, the gun cannot be controlled from the cab of this truck. The gun is operated from a stationary control node that is separate from this vehicle.

Do we know what type of ammo the Yatagan would’ve used? I’m guessing KE-W or something around that, I’m just not sure.

too bad they wont add it since they are primarily Russian devs

18+

https://youtu.be/tpslca1fbN0

1 Like

Konus GLATGM is the only round I could find evidence of it being used with the Yatagan. Of course it is also designed to fire NATO standard STANAG 4110 and 4385 (HEAT and APFSDS respectively), but I could not find concrete information on any specific round.
Here is a HEAT round in the process of being loaded in the breech, sadly I cannot tell what specific round it is.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I’ll add a little.

In addition to BM44U1, you can also add BM44U which is essentially a copy of 3BM42 mango.

Apparently they were even produced.

Photo of BM44U with number 40

2 Likes

Noice. The 3BM44U is a Ukrainian manufactured version of the Mango? Or does it feature slight improvements?

1 Like

Just a copy

2 Likes

Gotcha, so the 3BM44U is the Ukrainian manufactured designation for the 3BM42 while the 3BM44U1 and 3BM44U2 rounds are further developments of the 3BM42/3BM44U, both developments of which have little to no information on them on testing, mock status, etc. There’s a lot of conflicting information regarding them and it’s probably safe to say there isn’t much documentation of the rounds in any library in Ukraine.

1 Like

I’d expect 3BM44U2 to be somewhere in the same ballpark as Lekalo

The photo shows a secret USSR development - a light floating tank codenamed “Obiekt 14”. During the Cold War, it was supposed to cross the Danube and break through NATO defences. However, it is said that in modern times it was found under the rubble of a special storage facility of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine after a russian missile attack, restored, and now it serves in one of the brigades of the AFU. The cannon and other components are identical to the T-64 MBT.

The similarity with the platform derived from the OKR “Planer” is immediately striking - examples here are with Pat and a more serious bash (since these are mock-ups, with rollers or the entire suspension from the MT-LB).

2 Likes

T-72AMT rev.2022

photo_2023-03-02_09-51-20
photo_2023-03-02_11-23-15
photo_2023-03-02_11-23-15 (2)
photo_2023-03-02_11-23-15 (3)
photo_2023-03-02_11-23-16
photo_2023-03-02_10-12-48

The main visual differences between the first version of the T-72AMT and the T-72AMT rev.2023:

• Photo 1: absence of the Luna IR illuminator, which was on production vehicles until 24.02.2022. Such a step MAY partially indicate that they stopped installing the old 1K13 night sight (from the T-72B) and switched to thermal imaging sights (e.g. TPN-1TPV) or passive night sights.

• Photo 2-4: commander’s shield and anti-aircraft machine for the T-72-style NSVT for manual firing, although the T-64BV-style remote-controlled SAM was previously installed.

• Photo 5: T-72 stock cast tracks with sequential hinge. Previously, rubberised tracks from the T-80 were installed on production vehicles, which slightly improved the rigidity of the T-72 suspension.
    Photo 6 is an approximate example of stock T-72 tracks.

The last photo shows how the production T-72AMTs looked like before 24.02.2022. Note the tracks, the presence of the " Luna" and the remotely operated SAM.

SOMETIMES NSVT machine gun changed to M2 Browning, as shown here:

photo_2024-01-02_21-36-00

5 Likes

I miss the option to say “both”.
Earlier stuff should be eastern later stuff should be more western but also eastern stuff
Thats just my opinion tho

2 Likes

No your good, I was trying to imply with the “Western” option that it is both since Ukraine’s tree will still consist predominantly of its indigenous vehicles and Soviet modified ones.

1 Like

Here`s still some Western equipment. I don’t think tree has to be overfilled with western tanks, IFV’s etc, something interesting, as AMX-10 or M1A1SA(bit different from AIM) or Leopard2A4U(with Kontakt-1(or Nizh, nobody knows)ERA), theres enough Ukrainian to add into the tree

3 Likes

oh gotcha, my bad.
nice idea btw and great work adding all the details etc.

3 Likes

but we are (yet) missing stuff from FrankenSAM program, which can add some speciality to Ukraine TT, and we miss some other stuff which possibly will be in use of UAF later( ASCOD IFV or newer versions of CV-90)

I would like to see gepards, leopards with era and Pzh 2000 in the ukrainian tree tbh
Also challengers and all the stuff

There are so many copy paste vehicles already… a few more won’t hurt anyone…

Pzh is fun, but i would prefer to see it in original tech tree of Germany, Gepard is in tree already, and Challengers would be just complete copypaste without ERA, for me that’s not interesting to see

2 Likes