Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

M-84A is quite less protected than T-90A and has worse shells if we look at it historically.
I’d argue M-84A is much less capable than T-90A for the purposes of War Thunder… or just in general tbh.

Estimated BR 9.7 for M-84A vs in game 10.7 for T-90A

I can only assume he meant the T-84 Oplot not the Yugoslav M-84

I meant M-84. It`s literally same as T-90A

2 Likes

That is the M-84AB1/ M-84AS/ M-2001 specifically, based on the M-84A.
The M-84 as you name it is a T-72M with a few internal changes.

It has a 1200hp engine as opposed to the original 1000hp.
It uses K-5 much like the T-90A, but still has weaker armour beneath.
It also does not have the new cast turret, rather it is still based on the M-84A turret, which is an up-armoured T-72M turret.
Additionally, it would have a fun camera that can go up and down like that of the PLSS and the QN-506.

Compared to T-90A it has a substantially better 26.7hp/t as opposed to the 21.5hp/t, though with a bit weaker armour.
Because of this I don’t think they would perform identically and the M-84AB1 would play more aggressively than T-90A.
To say they’re literally the same is a bit disingenuous.

3 Likes

I don’t really know the history. Are there any tanks in the main trees in the game that only had one copy in real life?

There are some

1 Like

Oh sorry about the misunderstanding. They’re not quite the same tank though, Mahiwew makes a good comparison

1 Like

The people proposing to merge 10 nations into one actually want an OP nation that will have no flaws. You can recruit the best of all tanks and airplanes and combine them together.

That’s just stupid and unfair

6 Likes

It won’t happen lol

2 Likes

PT-91 Twardy operated by 22nd Mechanized Brigade

4 Likes

12 Likes

No need for USSR tree copy, also, if you combine eastern and western in one tech tree, everyones gonna play it and the snail will lose money

6 Likes

Your logic doesn’t make any sense. If “everyone gonna play Ukrainian TT” then there is no chance Gaijin would lose any money, as packs, talismans, premium vehicles and premium time will be purchased by everyone who will be grinding new tech tree.

As for combining “eastern and western” TT, you kind of late to the party, with almost every nation now having obligatory WW2 US\British tank, T-72\T-90, Leopard 2, AH-1 etc etc.
Also why are you not complaining in Sweden\Finland tech tree thread about “combined western\eastern tech”? 🤔

6 Likes

5 vehicles out of 100 are not a combination, it’s just a supplement.

100% agree

Extremely negative. Of the unique machines, this is only the T-84, and the BM Oplot and several armored personnel carriers. According to the aircraft, all modifications of the Su-25, Su-27, MiG-29 aircraft are clones and much worse than any modification from the USSR and Russia

I think you missread this, he states “developed OR produced”.

Though, cant exactly confirm about what tanks were produced there or not. But then again, for example T62 was produced even in Poland, but it doesnt mean much.

And this is just for ground. I couldn’t imagine what the air tree would be. I mean, what’s the point? I can see it being independent if they had different air vehicles too. But they just don’t. All the same vehicles as the USSR tree. Sub tree ground +1

Of course you are. I wouldn’t expect anything other from visitor from RU forum who was blocked there for threats. And someone needs to be really special to achieve that.
After this, everything that you say can be safely disregarded.

8 Likes

Why imagine if you can just scroll up and read previous discussion and even check the lists of possible early air tree additions?
Even planes and helicopters that are used by Ukrainian Air Force currently will be somewhat interesting. Because we have seen many examples of domestic modifications and usage of western armaments and ammunition that differentiate those vehicles from already present in the game.

I mean, what’s the point?

I mean, why even bother adding modern vehicles, right?
Because top tier will eventually look like Abrams\Leopard 2\F-16\F-35\T-90\VT-4\K2 for every possible nation anyway.

1 Like