Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

Oh right, the T-90M… can hit targets at ranges we dont have in game… without a spotter drone… wow, sick, so much better than anything the “T-84” has in game…

Do they both have good thermal sights? Yes?!
Comparable then!
Both arent “Gen 1” in game? Great! Equal!

FCS is dumbed down in Warthunder, nothing you point out matters.

You really, really, want to die on this hill of the T-90M having better FCS.
Yes, in real life, it does.
But this is Warthunder. The improvements it has dont matter. The game isnt played in such a way where they can be utilised, let alone are

You really, really, want to die on this hill of the T-90M having better FCS.
Yes, in real life, it does.

Thanks for confirming what I said was right :)

Great, now bring it back to WarThunder, the game this forum discusses, the only thing that is relevant

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve love the idea and I’m all for it. The issue imo is not just copy paste but more than one of the same vehicles with similar modifications

1 Like

Would also like to see an air tree!

1 Like

Here you go mate.

3 Likes

I hope that Griffen will soon appear here (in Ukraine).

2 Likes

Just copying from the old forum but updated with recent Danish M109A3DK transfer (made the post there in May’23, updated the images here as per new forum rules) :
:: mods, if the images are not complying with recent rules, do communicate before nuking ::

Different M109 variants currently in service with Ukraine:

M109A3GN (from Norway, 23 in service):

Spoiler

M109A4BE (Belgian from UK, 28 in service):
Fm5x1YJXoAIAwZK

Spoiler

M109A3DK (from Denmark, ~24? in service)

Spoiler

M109A5Ö (Austrian from Latvia, 6 in service):
CdXvAIYDUnYHS8Na.jpg

Spoiler

M109L (from Italy, ~100 in service):

Spoiler

Fu0JewSXoAIYXWP

M109A6 Paladin (from USA, 18 in service):

Spoiler

Dutch M109A2 likely to be transferred as well.

8 Likes

forbidden toblerone

6 Likes

Ukrainian BMP-2K with BM-7 “Parus” combat module

10 Likes

-1, can’t see this ending well. We have more than enough copy paste and beyond a few modifications, I don’t think Ukraine has made any of their own vehicles. There’d be no point to a Ukrainian tech tree, and there’s no space for a sub tree. I also can’t see adding modern Ukraine to the Russian TT going well, geopolitically speaking

1 Like

casually ignores all the unique Ukrainian vehicles in the TT and thread

Mate while having copy paste is a legit issue however most of the vehicles in the suggested tech tree and the thread are far from copy paste. Most are not like Israeli tanks where the only difference is just an extra machine gun. most the tanks in the suggested Ukrainian TT have either been so heavily modified they are a unique vehicle or are a completely unique vehicle all together that has nothing to do do with Russia or the USSR.

Claiming copy paste doesn’t mean a vehicle is copy paste. Also copy paste is an unavoidable outcome there will always be some degree of copy paste. You may not like it you may not want it but there’s going to be copy paste regardless.

And as for a Ukrainian TT it’s going to have to come eventually but the best and only way it should come is either as an independent TT or as a combined TT with Poland. It’s too big to be a sub-TT and by no means should Ukraine be put in the Russian TT that will be political suicide. But if Ukraine was combined with Poland we could eliminate the less unique vehicles and keep only the unique and heavily modified Ukrainian vehicles.

9 Likes

Interesting observation related to vehicle decals and roundels: in latest game update one specific regional decal and related regional event was hidden by default for the players who use Ukrainian game localization in War Thunder.
This gives me hope that we will finally see Ukrainian decals and roundels in the game in near future, since they can be hidden for other region just as easily.

The emblem of the Ukrainian Armed Forces has been long overdue for inclusion in the game

(illustrative photo: Т-84-120 with UAF emblem on a parade in Kyiv in 2018)

5 Likes

until there is no Ukrainian equipment, there will be no events and stickers related to Ukraine.

this rule applies to all non-entered countries.

Literally all Soviet MBTs and IFVs can be considered Ukrainian as well since Ukraine uses it.

1 Like

Can be considered. But we need a vehicle with a Ukrainian flag on the card

1 Like

I think we have some decals without said vehicles. I’ll have to check it later

2 Likes

…is that the t84 120 turret on a truck bed… im guessing for transport?

1 Like

In War Thunder, there are several dozen emblems (not flags) of countries that do not have represented vehicles in the game: Ireland, Portugal, Philippines, Peru, Lithuania, Croatia, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, and many others.

3 Likes

T-72-120*

2 Likes