Ukraine Ground Forces Tree

We will need definitive proof that Ukraine will get their hands on KF41s, France said they would send Leclercs and never did. Once the burden of proof exists, then it can be added to the list.

Do we want the Avenger SHORAD System in the tree?

There isnt a gap in capability for it to fill - the Strela10M3 is the strongest IR-Homing AD in the game (now at 10.0) and the Strela-1 covers the 9.3 range.

Neither is it unique or modified in a meaningful way.

That being said, I dont think it will cause much controversy. And the fun aspect of it - the Thermals, and a fast vehicle base (ie, the Japanese Type-93) might make people support the addition.

Illustrative Photo - US Army National Guard, 2015

4 Likes

KF-41 is a future prospect
(IMO, when the ongoing conflict dials down or goes temporarily cold)

1 Like

M1A1SA-UKR different config (s) compilation:

M1A1SA-UKR now along with with Kontakt-1 ERA on LFP and UFP and M-19 ARAT-1 blocks on hull sides gets slat-armor on turret sides, turret roof and hull rear.

With Kontakt-1 ERA on turret front and sides and slat-armour on turret roof on top of the existing K-1 ERA on hull LFP & UFP. The usual M-19 ARAT-1 blocks on hull sides.

Another variant having M-19 ARAT-1 blocks at turret front and sides & on hull sides, on top of the existing K-1 ERA on hull LFP, UFP and little bit on turret sides:

edit: whoa, was not aware of the new pic posting restrictions imposed

7 Likes

Seeing these images with blurred backgrounds ever since that deletion wave is way too funny to me

2 Likes

Germany to supply Ukraine with Boxer 8x8 AITO.
Boxer IFV with the RCT30 turret. Able to engage aerial as well as ground targets, AITO = All In (The) One.

7 Likes

wheeled PUMA go nyoom

1 Like

Reportedly, Slovenia transferred to Ukraine 20 BOV armored vehicles with 12.7mm machine guns and six BOV’s with Zastava M55 cannons. The latter could be an interesting addition to the AA branch.

Images are illustrative.

2 Likes

What do you think about Polish-Czechoslovakian tech tree idea. I think it would be intresting suggestion

To yugoslavia first thank you.
Second, the modifications of the vehicle in question lack Igla launchers. (Images illustrative i know lol)
Though I thought our BOVs were scrapped or in state of disrepair. So let’s see about how that stuff works out

1 Like

Yeah, there’s no actual photos of AA for now, and original article at 24ur mentions “šest BOV 3x20 milimetrov”. So Igla is very optional (could be also installed back domestically, I guess).

Anyway, it’s place in Ukrainian TT could be a GE premium.

1 Like

Ehhh.
I still think that foreign made ukraine operated vehicles could for sure be added but only after they run out of domestic designs, which they defo don’t lack IMO

1 Like

Iglas aren’t optional.

BOV-3AX is the Serbian variant which mounts Iglas. This is not what Slovenia has.

5 Likes

Returning to more important matters, Rheinmetall has announced it is planning to mount Skyranger 35 anti-aircraft system on Leopard 1 tank hulls, creating a new vehicle to bolster Ukraine’s defenses, according to Telegraph article.

A mocked-up image credited to Rheinmetall:

That’s another nice addition for Ukrainian AA branch.

12 Likes

This will be a great addition. I’ll wait until we see the first complete vehicle, then I’ll make sure it gets added.

5 Likes

Does this system use Airburst or Shrapnel ammunition, like AHEAD?

Im just not sure where this would be placed in the tree, with or without Airburst Munitions.
Everything including and above the Strela 1 is SAM.

1 Like

Doesn’t this get APDS as well as Ahead… if so It could kind of act like a sudo IFV depending on how much APDS is available and how effective the Ahead changes, which look good so far, on the dev go.

1 Like

According to official KNDS press release:

Ukrainian army will receive 54 RCH 155
78 CAESAR systems are in production for Ukraine (in addition to ones already in service)
At least 25 PzH 2000 are in service in Ukraine and there’s more in production.

4 Likes

Oh I’m glad the discussion and debate continues, thanks also to those watching for following the rules and removing the violators who come in here with politics.

By the way, I thank everyone, I learned about the technique of Ukraine, which I did not even know about.
This is one of the hottest and Longest topics of the last year! Congratulations!

6 Likes

According to AM General corporation Program Director Mike Evans, they delivered newest 105 mm 2-CT Hawkeye (full name “2-CT Hawkeye Mobile Howitzer System”) to Ukraine, where it was extensively combat tested.

Could be an interesting premium\event vehicle if\when artillery systems mechanics get more developed in War Thunder.

4 Likes