Ukraine Air Force Tree

nah. It is enough to research the Russian tree…

Do planes in Russian\soviet tree have Western ammunition’s (bombs\missiles\rockets) attached?
Does Russian\soviet tree have F-16/Mirage-2000-5/Gripen at the same time?
Ukraine Air tree will have (potentially) all of the above.

1 Like

and… why would you need it at the same time? As i remember, ARB still dont have respawns so you cant bring an entire garage.

dont need them as they would simply get SU25SM3s ATGMs which outperform western

Camos and Russia’s sub tree, done.

You dont need to research a tree if you dont want to …?

2 Likes

So you just want russia with western tech on top gj copy paste

Can we not get anything indigenous or domestically built ? with Ukraine or is it all copy paste ???

Argentina is considering transferring some of its Dassault-Breguet Super Étendard to Ukraine.
So that’s another possible addition.

1 Like

Ukraine was focused on developed civilian aviation industry historically and also aerospace industry (space rockets and engines), not combat. So no, there’s no “domestically built” combat planes.

But considering that only select few countries in the world have combat aviation development and manufacturing, and most of them are already in War Thunder, we have to work with what we have.

If you want to be a purist, please go and advocate the removal of all imported non-domestic vehicles from all current and future tech trees, and we’ll see how this will turn out.

3 Likes

I’m not having a go, I’m just looking at all possibilities, i would love it for Ukraine to be represented in War Thunder, even if they did it would be great but its going to be alot of the same we already have, maybe they could be a sub tree with another nation ???

Personally I consider Air Force tree as a supplement for really strong Ground Forces tree, and such consideration would also apply for many other possible future nations with non-existing combat plane production or really recent to the point it’s only domestic top-tier (like aforementioned Turkey Tech Tree).

For now we have to work with soviet planes domestically modified with Western munitions and Western planes that will be a new additions to Air forces (F-16, Mirage-2000, possibly Gripen, possibly Super Étendard)

3 Likes

MiG-29 (9-13) with special livery of “Ukrainian Falcons”, on combat readiness with R-27ER1 and R-73 missiles, 2014.

2 Likes

UPD:

The tech tree has been updated, with further research some aircraft have been removed and others have taken their place.

Here is the list of changes I made:

Spoiler

Rank VII:

• Su-17M4R - Moved from premium section to researchable.
  • Su-17M4 - Removed - Reason: Aircraft was not used by Ukrainian air force.
  • MiG-27K - Removed - Reason: Aircraft was not used by Ukrainian air force, instead MiG-27M and D variants were in sevice.
  • MiG-27D - New Aircraft (instead of removed MiG-27K)
  • MiG-23UB - New Aircraft
  • Su-25KM - New Aircraft

Rank VIII:

• Su-27P - Removed and replaced by standard Su-27 (otherwise known as Su-27S)
  • MiG-29 (9-12) - Removed and replaced by MiG-29 “Ukrainian Falcons”
  • MiG-29 “Ukrainian Falcons” - New Aircraft

3 Likes

Footage of Su-17’s at reconnaissance regiment in Limanskyi, 1994.

3 Likes

Not quite sure but i think i saw photos from training airfield of Kharkiv Air Force University featuring MiG-27K

Yes, here is this photo, but from the appearance. It looks not airworthy. Moreover, I managed to find more information about the MiG-27M and D in Ukraine. They were not directly in service. But they were kept in storage and well maintained in airworthy condition. Here I quote: (hiden in folder)

Spoiler

By the beginning of 1992, 49 MiG-27M and D were under repair at the in Lviv and the storage base in Ovruch. The command of the Ukrainian Air Force did not intend to use the MiG-27 - without that, during the reduction by the end of 2000, only the most modern aircraft were going to remain in service. Nevertheless, they were in no hurry to cut them into metal: in accordance with the agreements, only old and exhausted equipment - MiG-21, Tu-16 and Tu-22 thirty to forty years old - were allowed into liquidation. The MiG-27s stationed at the plant, having undergone repairs and acceptance, were preserved with due care: almost all aircraft were sheltered from bad weather in closed workshops and hangars.

The MiG-27 and other equipment have been offered for years at international arms exhibitions and through the Ministry of Defense, but without success (their price was quoted at $16 million, clearly unrealistic). Ultimately, four MiG-27Ms were purchased by Sri Lanka, which had virtually no modern combat vehicles before. The aircraft were reconfigurated and their camouflage was changed to neutral gray. Pilots with experience in piloting the MiG-27 were sent from Vinnytsia to test fly aircraft, after which they would aboard the Il-76 to be delivered to the customer in early August 2000. Based on the experience of successful use, in December 2000, Sri Lanka purchased three more aircraft from Ukraine - two combat MiG-27s and a twin MiG-23UB.

Самолеты на хранении в Украине - Военная авиация - AVSIM.su Forums

1 Like

I hope they add some vehicles for the lower classes too…

Rank I
Nieuport XXVII, 1917

Rank III
Yakovlev Yak-52

Rank V
Aero Vodochody L-29 Delfin
Antonov An-12BKV (Bomber)

Nieuport’s engine is too weak. It has only 130hp.

3 Likes

Forgot about the UP-277 ARH missile Luch’s developed. It’s a missile based off of the R-77.

3 Likes

Idk much about it, it went through testing but idk what its current status is. It would be sick if it was fitted on a MiG-29UM1/2 at least once, then it would really differ the top lineup.

1 Like