Towards who sub trees really belong to?

Look, I wouldnt argue with where SK should be placed, my position on that is that it should be a United Korea (and it could either be an independent one or a subtree for the China tree even (since its a PRC/ROC tree)).

Considerations for historical relations is not exactly a problem here. The VT-4 is a Thai vehicle, whether or not its going to be placed under the Japanese TT should not be a problem. As Ive said, China already has Japanese vehicles, what makes this so different?

You lost me there…

It is not Gaijin’s or China’s fault now is it? Could it be the JSDF being… lacking in most fields in real life? I strongly oppose Japan receiving a top of the line Chinese MBT. No matter how good or bad it is.

In fact i’ve already check your suggestion for many times, it’s amazing! Though for Thai VT4, many Chinese (not only players, but also common netizens see WT related things on internet) will be mad just because Japan TT have these vehicles or even could be set in the same preset with Japanese vehicles.
For matchmaker flag, idk if you have played Wargame: Red Dragon, but i think make a “Union” flag like it and rename these trees into main tab (union name) and place all nations in expended part will helps

1 Like

No one seen a problem in Taiwan inside china…

Because they are BOTH are ‘China’.

2 Likes

I dont want to be confrontational here but the A6M is a Japanese icon. If a Japanese icon can be placed on the Chinese tech tree, where is the outrage? Personally I think we are blowing the issue of the VT-4 out of proportion.

It doesnt necessarily have to be right now. Let the Chinese TT get more top tier vehicles so the salt isnt too bad, hell I dont even mind the VT-4 being relegated to a premium/battlepass instead. What I am saying though is that the VT-4 is an EXPORT vehicle. Thailand should get a VT-4 in some way or form.

Its historic allies (Hungary, Finland) are gone…

Dunno, maybe Japan shouldn’t have let the Chinese get their hands on it?

Japan (or Thailand) doesn’t need the VT-4. Especially since Thailand’s arsenal offers an actually unique and arguably better counterpart, the T-84.

So a russian tank under “imperial Japanese” flag? What’s the difference really

The difference is that no other nation in the game has a claim on the T-84. And it is Ukrainian.

1 Like

Well it could make sense actually

Man, you have your opinion I guess. Personally I think its a disservice to Thai players to have their subtree but not get their own top tier vehicle because of China. I once thought South Korea should rightfully go to Japan, now my mind has changed on the matter. Who knows, maybe by the time Thailand gets its full subtree, the VT-4 would be just another tank and people wouldnt really be too caught up on it.

Im not too hung up on the matter, I see why you would be vehemently against it but then again, I laid my arguments down. Its up to Gaijin anyhow.

But i also must disagree because thai players wouldn’t be able to get their mbt because of china would be the same as
Hungary couldn’t get the upcoming leopard 2a7hu because of Germany

In fact we could already see some Germany Players be mad with Leo2A7HU and Strv 122Bs

The Holocaust.

I made a example for my opinion. It’s really hard to use Photoshop…
b3aa1f270f5563e54391beb7dc34f4a28ae492d4

2 Likes

Id like to start another heated discussion though, what are your thoughts on United Korea being a subtree for China?

I thought about it but it makes sense for NK to be a subtree for PRC and SK to be a subtree for ROC. All that would have to be done is fixing the flag on the China bar.

Historic? You mean those of WW2?

Either way, Germany doesn’t need any, so it’s not like it matters

1 Like

And ww1 and well, doesn’t matter.

Fair enough, and I’m glad you liked the suggestion!

I’d personally say that under a basically independent Thai tree this would not be an issue, as they would not be bound to Japan, but can optionally be used together. However it is ultimately up to Gaijin what they want to do with it in the end. I would however add the condition that any Chinese vehicle going elsewhere should also be found in the Chinese techtree.

For the menu the current idea is to represent the flag and name of the currently selected country.

Spoiler

Example

I chose this option as many nations added as subtrees don’t have any proper alliances to be grouped under, and fictional ones might be confusing.
The issue here however is that in battle, flags of all used nations need to be shown to make the nations equal, rather than having one distinct “main” nation, which would require a slight rework in the way those flags are displayed.

2 Likes

Your self promotion is insane haha
Nah you got a good and solid suggestion tho

2 Likes