Thoughts on the new ARH flight models?

Missiles are hit or miss now, more likely to be miss if they’re the agile kind

1 Like

The long-range ones were underperforming in range as well before the fixes. It’s nice to finally see the MICA fixes but in reality it was always just going to make sure the MICA could keep up with the other missiles getting range buffs. It’s a pretty small and light missile so the current range that comes from its small size while also having thrust-vectoring is amazing, could you imagine an R-73 having the range of MICA?

I’m sure at some point they will fix the wobbliness issues that all missiles are having, maybe in a few weeks.

God forbid the r-77 sees some chaff.

Be pulling one of these
R-77-1 is not an issue but base model r-77? It could already pull more than enough before.

3 Likes

My gameplay has improved with su-27sm but that is mostly cause the radar is SO MUCH BETTER now.

1 Like

its not even chaff

at least with amraams if the target is maneuvering at all it will keep overcorrecting and wobble back and forth

it definitely still works, been doing quite well(for me) with it on the F-2A
Been using it up to 40km

Yeah I saw that it’s absolute insane how they behave at least amraams have Denver energy retention when the base r-77 does it just stops.

Yeah it really should be 14.3 now with the radar

I played f15e in escalation and all close-medium launches were successful. Tho I wish there was in game way to replicate same shots with old missiles. I think statshark has that but I would like to compare same shot from my match with 2 missiles. Just replicate all my and enemy actions and let me see the difference.

Spoiler

You guys saw nothing, there was no demon

I will say I never had a updated missile flip out like people say, they do wobble like crazy

While playing the GE I’ve had an Aim-120D pull what I would define as a “handbrake maneuver”, while it was trying to correct its trajectory, result?

Completely missed the target, as if it was a good old Aim-7, and after copletely missing it just started daincing on its own at 500/600kmh.

There’s definitely something wrong with the autopilot.

As an amraam user, I am happy that my missile can actually reliably hit shots at ranges less than 3-5km. Now in a close range joust I can actually launch my missile while still sitting close to the notch and it actually hits, instead of having to point my nose directly at the enemy for it to maybe hit.

2 Likes

Eh no RAM jet at high alt is where it wants to be released from an aircraft flying high and fast.
Lower altirudes is likely where Meteor would be less effective

Meteor can and does also slow down and speed up it giving it one of the most impressive PKs.

I re-tested everything and my previous comments about the AAM-4 pulling more were wrong, so I deleted the replies to avoid misinformation around here.

The AAM-4 is almost on par with the new AIM-120 on short range HOBS when it comes to the min distance each need to hit the target under the same conditions, but the AAM-4 bleeds more speed doing the turn, while the AIM-120 can intercept at the same range while going faster in a sharper turn.

Right off the rail they are more or less similar in AoA. But since the AIM-120 does the same interception with more energy, I would say its the better one. The AAM-4 is closer to what the AIM-120C does now in a sharp turn lol.

The only advantage the AAM-4 has over the AIM-120A is a tiny bit more acceleration in a straight line (if any), and slightly better glide at range. But that is hardly an advantage because long-distance shots are unreliable.

Right now, in order of short-range HOBS performance:

Derby < AIM-120C/D </= AAM-4 < AIM-120A/B < PL-12 = PL-12A < R-77-1 </= R-77 < MICA

The difference between the AIM-120A and PL-12 is not big

In this update, the AAM-4 and Derby seem to have essentially the same turn capability as before, but at least the Derby issue where it could not pull more than 20G (similar to PL-12) seems to be gone, because I saw it make some hard corrections in a match where it could not do before.

I was surprised to see the AIM-120C/D to pull more than the and Derby. In the case of the F-15JM and the F-16C barack II I would now run a full AIM-120A loadout instead.

Also because of the Derby/R-darter, the British Gripen C went from the best 13.7 Gripen to the worst now.

Here are some comparisons, I tried my best to start launching at 2.5km, any closer, and most if not all, of these missiles would start to miss.

AAM-4 (On the F-2A because it spawns at the same speed as the other F-16’s in the test drive)

AIM-120C

Derby

AIM-120A

PL-12 (I tried to match the speed because it spawns at much higher speeds)

Engaging fighters which will lob missiles from such a range that the MICA has no hope of reaching them?

Mica Is not meant to be the Frontline missile how hard is that to understand? it’s meant to be a complement to the meteor whilst being a fully french missile also serving as an anti air solution(will be integrated in Samp/t ng also).

Nevermind, kinda forgot that it can compress less dense air at high enough speeds anyway.

1 Like

Didn’t you say that it was “optimized for engaging fighters”?

The R-77-1 seem to have a similar behaviour.
Thing wobbled left and right like a spaz monkey when closing in on a jet.

It was hilarious

1 Like

how are these two statements contradicting each other?