Things wrong with the Mirage 4000 Thread

This thread will be used to discuss and talk about things wrong with the Mirage 4000, and what has been reported or will be reported. Here are a few things that has been gathered so far:

75 Likes

There are photos that where supposed to be passed to dev. Someone cant see there ?
Or they just didint read any source.
At leas it have te best engine it was supposed to have

13 Likes

First minor report on the top speed:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/3YU7D2l2wdFU

I intend to test its acceleration and climb using the following flight test report, because I supsect it’s way too draggy atm. I’m aware these tests were conducted using worse engines btw.

8 Likes

Considering France actually started using CLDP targeting pods after the M4K program was stopped. Of all the issues you talk about, I think this one is the one that I don’t think is actually that much of an issue

Also imo it should seat after mirage f1ct rather than usa line

10 Likes

I think 10 missiles, including 530D and Magic 2, and a BR of 12.7 (alongside the F-15s and Su-27s which also 100% need to go up) would be better for the TT than how it is currently implemented.

*The centre pylon is clearly able to carry the small fuel tank, so it should be able to carry the fuel+ 2x Magic 2 even though it probably was never fitted

14 Likes

Also I find the fuel amount quite suspicious. Should carry three times the amount the M2K has, with twice the consumption. So it should have 1.5 times the amount of the M2K’s fuel time. Currently it’s only 25min.

17 Likes

14 Missiles almost impossible i dare you to find any official sources or saying about French Triple Missile pylon

6 Likes

Linking here the photos from the Dassault archives (primary source)

3 Likes

True, the Mirage 4000 was I believe the first aircraft with an hollow vertical tail to allow more fuel, and that tail has the surface area of a wing of the Mirage F1. It should carry a truckload of fuel

9 Likes

Dassault on its loadout chart explicitly makes it clear that it intended to give the M4K a FLIR pod. The only thing in that timeline that would have been available was the CLDP. So we simply need to present Gaijin that, and leave it up to them.

6 Likes

Well, we trust you and mig23 to post some awesome reports, and you can count on us to make as much noise as possible about them

5 Likes

I would add to your list:
→ 600liter fuel tank + 2 Magic-II should be available (Photo)
→ Number of potential S.530D should be up to 4 missiles (every charts)

→ missing 2500liter Fuel tank (no magics) [precision]

On suggestion note, for Mirage F.1CT Mirage 2000C and Mirage 4000:
→ anti-runway Durandal bombs (basically bombs with an AP penetrator+Rocket → would be useful in GRB to create Anti-tank trenches/ penetrate Tanks for an internal explosion)

16 Likes

14 missiles was only going to be the case with MICAs, as Magics have too big of canards to be used on the triple racks.

2 Likes

For now, the Mirage 4000 barely reaches 1512kph at sea level, which is also its max speed. I’ve managed to reach 1526 IAS before breaking, but I had to dive

2 Likes

also, have you ever seen a plane going supersonic with its gear extended ? French classified technology :

3 Likes

another bug is that when taking the 6 bomb rack in the center pylon, only 1 bomb actually appears and can be dropped.

1 Like

they said belly pylons are under work currently so it’ll come in the end

1 Like

Is there any Brochure of what the RDM 3 is? I personally never found any real info about this radar

I hope that you will spam Gaijin with bug reports and make them to acknowledge them.
Thanks for your hard work!

2 Likes