They would add the mig 25?

I think they would add the mig 25 because without that mig the f15 will never exist, They could put it in the techtree or even as an event vehicle. I know that need permisons … but it will be so fun drive at mach 3 😁 and get one of faster intercerptors of the urss in the game vs the f15

2 Likes

Go read up on the actual MiG 25. The specs on the F-15 were driven by “panic” at the speculated capabilities of the “Foxbat”, not its reality. When an actual example was analyzed, it was a bit of a “egg on face” moment. Not that the US’s MIC didn’t cash in and produce probably the best 4th gen fighter anyway.
The MiG-25 is pretty much a gigantic F-102. Pure interceptor and poor maneuverability. It would suffer in WT against where its specs would place it.

5 Likes

It’s a jet with 2+2 missile load and no gun, also the performance can be roughly matched to the tornado, I am not sure how that’s gonna perform in the game.

They should add MİG-31 instead

2 Likes

Id rather the su-15 first.

But yeah, mig25 would be very funny.

1 Like

yak 141 have it and doesn`t care bro

Doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be in game.

1 Like

bro, there are many planes who suffer in top tier 12.0 of br , like the yak 141… the mig 25 could have a nice missiles so nice to 12.0 and dont need to suffer, like the f14 can get fox 3 :)

and why it doesnt be in the game :(, i want to fly so fast

I hope you do realize the only alt the MiG-25 can do mach 3 is at like 10km altitude and the maps in WT aren’t big enough to let you accelerate to mach 3 besides maybe the largest EC maps

i reach 2000KMH in F-15C almost every match, and it can maintain that speed. thats how busted it is vs the competition, meanwhile the MIG-29SMT goes from 1600KMH to 1000 KMH in 1 100* turn lmao.

So it is possible mig-31 will reach high speeds in the game

1 Like

It isn’t when you consider the F-15 has about 2-3x the acceleration…we were talking about 25 not 31

1 Like

Then they can make mig-25 11.0. it doesn’t meet criteria for 13.0+, simple.

MiG-25 would be lower BR than 11.0… you are not even in the same ballpark, nobody is asking for mig-25 or 31 to be 13.0 to my knowledge

I’d love a 10.3 mig-25. İt’s just too iconic for people to not want it

Yak-141 is a special exception in the game. It’s meant to be a stop gap solution and be a filler aircraft for the naval line in the TT. It only got a gun, because it was planned to have one eventually (iirc).

The MiG-25 is a service aircraft that doesn’t currently fit into the state of the game very well at any place. It’s like taking the gun off the F-104 and making it weigh even more and turn even worse…

Brother, you really don’t know what you’re talking about.
1: the Yak-141 is not 12.0 anymore, new BRs, but hey I’m getting messed up by it too anyway so it’s whatever :D
2: the Yak-141 did not suffer before the BR changes, nor does it after. It has very capable missiles, and a pretty decent FM with wonderful acceleration, but pretty bad speed bleed. However the VTOL capability can technically help it win in a dogfight in certain situations. It also has countermeasure :)
3: only a certain testbed of the F-14A can carry and fire the Aim-120A, and the F-14D can (to my knowledge) theoretically carry (with use of outer pylons) and use the Aim-120 missile with its radar. We have neither of those in game.
We do have the Aim-54s however, but that’s not the only thing that makes it worthy of this BR. It has a wonderful fm, a great gun, decent missiles, and the F-14B has a great deal of countermeasures.

I want you to note two main things about this aircraft,
1: zero countermeasures. Good luck fighting Aim-54s and and IR missile when flying this thing
2: no gun. Already stated but needs some re-iteration.

Oh and don’t forget this: the aircraft engines are powerful yes, but it isn’t meant for low altitudes that the war thunder battles take place at. If you go full throttle I have zero doubt in my mind you’ll rip your wings easily in this thing at near all altitudes that aren’t above 10km up.

oh, and if you do try to go Mach 3, good luck melting your aircraft slowly :)))

1 Like
1 Like

zero countermeasures. Good luck fighting Aim-54s and and IR missile when flying this thing

They carry 2x KDS-155 what is 60x flares/chaffs.

It would be nice to see the MiG-25 family in the Soviet tech tree and an event for the Japanese Mig-25

1 Like