They would add the mig 25?

We (USSR) can get MiG-25 in two variants (which would be useful). Interceptor MiG-25PD and fighter bomber MiG-25BM. In theory, Japan can only get the MiG-25P (captured) version, which would have very limited capabilities. I don’t know if it would be useful (no KDS-155, no R-60M and only R-40R/T).

3 Likes

Add an aircraft less maneurvable than a Tornado?

Sure, would be fun to no longer be the whale aircraft

Not big deal in simulator.

Well when the US first saw the MiG-25 they saw massive wings and huge air intakes. So they assumed it was some new “Super fighter” and the USSR just played along to scare the west. Then the Israelies clocked it on radar doing mach 3.

So, Like you said, they created the F15 in a panic,

We now know thanks to a Soviet MiG-25 pilot who defected to the west and crash landed in Japan that the MiG-25 isnt as good as the Soviets said it was. The MiG had huge wings because it was made out of titanium because the heat from going Mach 3 would melt aircraft aluminum. It also lacked a look down radar, although this was later changed with the MiG-25PD. They also learned it could not turn, and its engines were taken from balistic missiles and therefore not designed for long flights, It is true the MiG-25 is mach 3 capable, but only for a short ammount of time, soviet MiG-25 pilots are often quoted saying how frusturating it was to intercept the Sr-71, because the Sr-71 could go mach 3 for much longer than the MiG-25.

Another interesting thing about the MiG-25 was it too was designed in a panic. The US was in the process of creating the XB-70, a mach 3 capable bomber,.

It would make the F104 look like a turn fighter

Probably not, though would be fun hunting them in the F3, I doubt the Mig-25s had that great of an RWR and would probably leave them rather vulnerable to an SARH intercept

SPO-15 Beryoza, so practically same as MiG-23MLD (what is pretty good). +R-40TD what can be very deadly if it will be at least same effective as R-24T.

SPO-15 is not actually that good, at least not compared to the RWRs used on the Tornados for example. But would provide some warning at least. Though I doubt you’d ever get into a notch in time. So 4x maybe kills then.

Though I doubt you’d ever get into a notch in time.

That’s what the F-4S and F-14A also thought, on which I then committed genocide by MiG-23MLD. xD

1 Like

And F-15A should have 0 CM as well. Oh wait…

2 Likes

we need mig 25 with the 3,500 km/h speed

Could be wrong but I was under the impression that while it could do mach3+, doing that could cause serious damage to the engine. For example, the foxbat the Israelis detected had to apparently ditch after the engines stopped responding properly to throttle commands. It’s the anecdote I’ve heard but i haven’t yet looked for a source.

The “safe speed” as far as I know is Mach 2.7 that is, any faster than that and the engines tear themselves apart.

there is no real proof of that just western propaganda, what we know for sure in testing the plane reached 3500 km/h and could reach 4000 km/h but due to safty concens they did not forced it.

What radar MiG-25PD use? Its all-aspect PD like on MiG-29, head-on PD like on F-14 or MTI as on MiG-23 (I think this one based on fact that it was developed from Sapphire-23)?

Yes, that too. The engines were taken from either a cruise or balistic missile, so they werent designed to last a while

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.