They really increased m18 br

if it was me to decide it could’ve went to 6.3 too

it’s strong enough

They might as well just delete the M18 from the game if they move it to 6.3, the M41A1 is just a better M18. Imo, the M18 should be 5.3 BR max

2 Likes

hell no, it’s fast and light and it has a very good gun for it’s BR

Bro you have a sub 1 k/d in the ikv103 you’d probably die to an m22

Arcade Moment™

(The Ikv 103 is even worse there)

M22’s are scary idk why you make them seem like they’re not

M22 vs 260g of explosive filler

Sav m/42 EH™

It’s fast and light with a pretty crap gun, there are plenty of tanks around the BR (or lower) with power to weight ratios near it with much better guns and they actually have armor.

like for example?

The Avenger, Charioteer Mk VII, Challenger, 2S3M (arguably), M41A1, Type 75, Type 63, Type 62, M41A3, Obj 211 (a better M18 at 1.0 BR lower)

First three don’t have a reverse gear or APHE. Hp/t is 19, 20 and 19, respectively.

2S3M is a terrible comparison, nowhere near mobile, massive, slow turret, no gun depression, poor ballistics, massively long reload. Hp/t is 18.9

Bulldog is slower, larger, and lacks APHE. Still better, but that’s why it’s 0.3 BR higher even now. Hp/t is 21.6.

Type 75 is just another 2S3M, same list of cons apart from reload, which is just slow instead of glacial. Also add no non-HE round to the list of cons. Hp/t is 20.5

Type 63 is larger, slower, poor reverse, lacks gun depression, slow turret and longer reload. The better gun does make it a better tank, which again is reflected in the BR. Hp/t is 21.7

Type 62 is basically the same story, except it’s smaller. And a whole 0.7 BR higher. Hp/t is 20.5

M41A3 is just a Bulldog without APDS. Same list of cons, but without the single advantage that APS brought to the Bulldog, so it’s lower. Could probably still move up 0.3 BR to be fair. Hp/t is 21.6

Object 211 is basically the same story as the Type 63. Larger, slower, worse reverse, worse overall gun handling, slower reload. Might be undertiered, couldn’t say, never played it. But I would not call it a better Hellcat. Hp/t is 21.7.

I don’t think you appreciate just how fast the Hellcat is compared to it’s contemporaries. After the horsepower buff, it’s up to 26 hp/t. That’s crazy good for the tier. That’s ~25% more than all of the tanks you listed as having similar. It’s also got an amazing reverse gear, great hull traverse and a fast turret, making it exceedingly reactive.

You have great gun depression, letting you use just about any flanking position you want to.

You have APHE with a decent reload, meaning fewer shots and less time needed to kill targets, letting you pick off more before you’re spotted.

It’s a purpose built flanker, and it’s easily best in class in that role.

3 Likes

there is either a bug or most likely… programmed bias/shenanigans with the M18 (and anything like it) where they almost Never get one shot… Even direct shots to the side (usually with some annoying shot which includes saying you hit Ammo, but nope… didnt ignite…)

So yeah. they are Way too survivable, so that in itself should warrant the .3 bump in BR, and they still do okay at 6.0… especially since they mostly fight panthers and Tiger 1’s anyway.

obviously them not getting one shot does NOT include HE rounds, since that Does reliably one shot them… but kinda irrellevant, since you usually have to shoot them with solid shot/aphe/etc , not kill them, then load an HE, sooo having them be 1 shot… usually takes 2, if you get muh drift.

Your joking right? It’s not a bug. The armor is just that thin that it doesn’t fuse shells.

Again about the thin armor

I do agree with this though. I hate it when I hit ammo (in any tank) and it doesn’t blow up. Especially if it has HE filler.

No they’re really not. You can .50 them and if you just think about were your shooting before you shoot you’ll do fine. Like if shooting it from the front aim at the transmission drive area, the shell will fuse there. As for the sides, shooting the bussles work, if the ammo detonates. Oh you could also bring HE (like you state) or HEAT of some sort. Or if your in a Russian tank some sort of shrapnel shell.

1 Like
  1. its You’re as in… You Are. 2. no im not… i get that it can go through and through and do Very little damage, however, im talking Low shots , where their ammo is, So again… them getting one shot should be a Very common thing, but instead them Not getting one shot is.

So yes, they are Way too survivable , just like M42’s and M19’s Almost always take 2 or more shots to kill (HE excluded)

Ahhh we’re going to play that game. Alright.

You need to be specific with these details. You need to include them before posting comments that could be interpreted in different ways. Oh, also if we’re being grammar police here then this is not how you would say it. There should be a “about” in-between “talking” and “low”. You also have random things capitalized that should not be :)

I still stand by what I said. Just learn where to shoot :)

I also agree on this. These are very annoying. I think fuel flying through the air, that’s on fire, and lands on the crew should do damage like napalm.

I want to point out, that if you think about it, by the logic of “if anything takes 2 or more shots to kill, then it’s too survivable.” I know what you meant but it could also be taken this way too :)

i know where to shoot, and where NOT to shoot on 99% of tanks… which include the m18’s.

and no i did NOT say "I want to point out, that if you think about it, by the logic of “if anything takes 2 or more shots to kill, then it’s too survivable.” "

if you Most tanks in the side, they Die, immediately, One shot… Its whats known as a Kill Shot… Most tanks have this, usually involving ammo. M18’s Rarely get one shot in the side, (much more common to one shot them frontally, but even then they survive a lot more than other tanks)

Then I don’t know what you’re complaining about. If you know where to shoot then you shouldn’t be complaining that it’s too survivable.

I know you didn’t, I said that. I said that because your logic there was flawed and could be taken the wrong way :)

Look at that. You said “most” implying that not all will die in one shot and the M18 falls into that category.

Yes, I know what this is called. I’m not stupid, or as stupid as you think I am. :)

Yes, because the armor there does not fuse APHE shells and the goofy inconsistencies in this game. You know things like fuel tanks eating shells, ammo detonations and volumetric. It’s most likely that you are just not getting lucky. Oh, another thing, even if it’s not a one shot kill, then it’s going to be severely crippled and a easy follow up shot can be taken, although I know you can’t always get that due to other enemies nearby :)

Like I said, if you just aim a bit lower near the transmission then you will always get a kill.

2 Likes

i wasnt being condescending to you. … i was more speaking in general to thats why Kill Shots are a thing and labeled that… because they are a possibility and probability in basically All tanks… Extremely vulnerable… like the underbelly of animals… etc

signal-2024-05-01-16-07-30-790

Well so is the chances of over penetration or just a crippling shot… Again, for all tanks, including the M18