The various problems currently existing in VT4 prove that gaijin did not manufacture PLA vehicles with care

The various problems currently existing in VT4 prove that gaijin did not have the intention to manufacture PLA vehicles. The positive feedback from players is ignored or evaded

27 Likes

The VT-4A1 came out, and its state on the live server is nothing short of inexcusable.
To the point of outright anger on my part.

• The UFP has been nerfed from dev to 450mm - 500mm (essentially useless at 11.7).
  • The reverse speed has indeed come out at -17km/h
    Regarding the reverse speed, it is so disgusting for them to imply that a predecessor 20 years ago (MBT-2000) had double the reverse speed compared to a heavily upgraded version bearing the same transmission moniker CH1000 and technology of the ZTZ-99A. Them moving through with this is downright insulting.
  • The vertical targeting speed of 22 degrees per second that was acknowledged still came through to around 7 degrees per second when spaded and with an expert crew. An absolute joke.
  • The side ERA package that was reported to be missing was given “not a bug” and told to be put in suggestions.
  • Multiple bug reports and suggestions have been thrown away.
  • A spall liner which the 99A and VT-4, VT-4A1 all posses is not modeled, either. Even though it was also acknowledged.

In its current state, the VT-4A1 has come out barely better than the MBT-2000, if even. At 1.0 BR higher.
I cannot stress how disappointed I am in these people. Perhaps I just care too much about these pixel tanks, but it really is a shame.

Considering they’ve proven to essentially not care about vehicles after they’re released on live, such as the ZLT-11 still NOT being called a ZTL-11 and still retaining a -8.5km/h reverse regardless of how many times it was brought up and “acknowledged” for 2 years now - makes me have very little hope that things will improve.

24 Likes

In this game, you will find that Russia and Sweden are doing so well, but other countries are doing poorly.

10 Likes

I believe you ain’t play the current vt4 in the game… go check the armor defence and then come to comment…

3 Likes

Some people seem to be enjoying it.

3 Likes

yeah i felt like gaijin just rushed this tank

3 Likes

agree. just pure arrogance

1 Like

The grouping of the ERA is unreasonable. Look at how the frontal ERA is grouped (Blocks of 4 and even blocks of 6). Other tanks don’t have their frontal ERA grouped at all (Russian tanks and ZTZ-99s).

The turret arrow shaped ERA is also grouped as a single block and not individual like the ZTZ-96A.

Everything about this update was sloppily rushed out.

4 Likes

Just look what they did with the q5L, not surprising at all

someone just say world isnt around china.they just forget, when china TT appear in WT, Gaijin never change how to treat it:say something do nothing.the china TT is just a temple creature for gajin to push before china national day,and when china TT pushed is without version topic。compare with Sweden, after china TT pushed,have anything which CN TT doesnt:top level ,version topic… CN TT is apreterminfant,when gaijin want some money,just tell some lie or release some copy to get CN TT players money。now gaijin treat CN TT is "now I release a new toy(actually a shit or WIP which never finish itor fix it after 5version)to you,give me your money,and shut up dont complain,bcs its your deserve

9 Likes

Gaijin is always discriminating against Chinese vehicles and smearing various data of Chinese tanks. Either fix these issues or immediately refund Chinese players

7 Likes

? They’re all much much more better than vt4 in the game now. Like I said, just open your wt and easily go check the tanks armor protection before you comment anything in here, don’t behave like a cloud gamer okay?

3 Likes

I think it’s basic for a game company to finish their game before release to the formal server. What will russian players thought if T90M is added without its hull armor? Stand in their shoes, and you may understand why they are so angry.

5 Likes

I DO think Challenger needs to be buffed equally ,the 80 mm front armor makes me laugh at gaijin, whenever I see it.

2 Likes

i know many nation vehicles have issues, but VT-4 is just unplayable in 11.7, it’s so buggy and its armor is just copyed from MBT2000 that could be see a weird empty area in game
i seen a post listed all T8 vehicle shot by same bullet, only VT-4 is almost could be penetrated without aiming

7 Likes

Chinese vehicles should be strengthened, please do not ignore the information provided by Chinese players

3 Likes

There’s been a patch just a bit ago that increased the hull and turret armour values, and also renamed & adjusted the ERA values. Some of them have been missed, but I think a bug report on that has already been made. This is a step in the right direction.

But the VT-4A1 is still just… unplayable at best. While I understand all the people saying ‘oh this is just Gaijin’, they should also understand that there is a difference between something being lacking or missing certain aspects, and it being so inherently broken that it underperforms. In its current state, the VT-4A1 is a sidegrade to the MBT-2000, while in real life it’s meant to be (and is) more of a sidegrade to the ZTZ99A. We don’t have the spall liner, we don’t have an adequate engine, we have an underperforming round, we don’t have the fuel anti-fire/explosion protection, and we don’t even have the improved reload speed.

There are really easy ways to fix this vehicle without making huge sweeping changes. Just to name one, there is sufficient evidence that the vehicle can and has mounted the 1500hp engine in the base VT-4s, and the VT-4A1 is known to only have improvements to the turret. Thus, there is no reason why the engine cannot be used, at least for the sake of balance - it would not be the first time such a decision is made on this basis (Japanese F-16). This is a simple change that would entirely bring it to standard, because at least you can play it as a light MBT like the AMX-32 and AMX-40 are supposed to be at 9.7.

In its current state, there is no way to succeed whatsoever in the VT-4A1. I can say this as someone who has nearly spaded this vehicle. If this vehicle was good enough, I would be off playing it right now rather than partaking in discussions like this (which, in my years of playing this game, I have never done until now - that’s how broken this thing is).

4 Likes

Gaijin has already denied giving it a 1500hp engine

I think its just an attitude issue.