The T80 BVM tank's ammunition does not explode even when it receives a direct hit

It’s been extremely frustrating to play high tier against Russian tanks, they are stopping shots on the sides without taking any damage, this doesn’t happen to any other nation.
I play with Leclercs and almost always when I shoot at the sides of the BVM the ammunition is hit, but nothing happens.
I believe this leaves the game completely unbalanced, as it is clearly a huge advantage.

13 Likes

This has been a known ‘bug’ for a few years at this point. Unfortunately until gaijin decides to fix it, theres nothing we can do.

10 Likes

Its not a bug, the chance for an ammo detonation has been lowered to increase its survivability (among other russian tanks).

4 Likes

Yeah I know, its why I put ‘bug’ in quotes.

4 Likes

lol, didn’t you know russian tanks or uber stronk…except where they actually show up…

1 Like

I remember that a moderator in the bugs section said that the T series tanks like the t-72b3 and T-80bvm had wet storage. True or not? Idk but supposedly it is modeled like that in-game. Coupled with the fact that the spall protection the ammo carousel has, the Ammo is very resilient to being blown up. Imo, if you hit multiple charges, the ammo should blow up regardless.

Nope. It was about T-55 and T-62, but not T-72 and T-80. And not wet storage, but storage in fuel tanks, where fuel tanks acts as shield against spalling. Nothing was said about carousel

1 Like

Only wet charges are stored around the hull, not the autoloader.

Spall liner modifier, 3 modeled plates… Yeah, no shrapnel is making it through. Coupled with the fact that each hit reduces the detonation chance of 2 piece ammo by 10%… First shot chance of kill is about 90%. This stacks, though not on separate charges. Just… Hit multiple.

2 Likes

The fuel tanks are technically wet storage

image

I was refering to this bug report as Op referred to the T-64s, T-72s, T-80s and T-90s. The response was that Russian tanks have wet storage of shells and considering that they replied and the posts refers to the T-64s to T-90s, I would assume that they all have it modeled. Wet storage is in reference to the ammo being store in the front of the tank and not the carousel.

4 Likes

That’s easier said than done. Era has a chance to just eat the round. No shrapnel or spall because wherever you hit the tank, the fuel tanks, Armored plates or Carousel eats it all up. Its essentially firing apcr. I find it more efficient to hit the turret and kill the commander and gunner than to fire at the ammo.

1 Like

Whenever I shoot a T80 in the side the fuel tank eats my round - but in my T80U for sweden rounds go through both fuel tanks like nothing.
I guess actual russian gas is just stronger.

1 Like

@_Zekken @Belenor85 @poperussian
T-80BVM, Ariete, Leopard 2s, and Leclercs all share the same exact ammo cook chance of 0.15.

@MastuhWaffles
Since all T-80Us are identical in the game files for armor, it’s gonna be different circumstances.

3 Likes

/r/selfawarewolves

1 Like

yeah i lol’d when knightoftheabyss typed that diesel had a low flash point, that shi* still makes me chuckle,

1 Like

KotA is known for things like this. Part of the community knows you’re best off closing and reopening the same report hoping someone else looks at it first. “Please provide information that an ATGM can detonate Russian T-series tanks.” Like look about everywhere they have been in combat??

3 Likes

Its strange, straight up lies or incompetency because they dont have wet storage :S
But then again Gaijin…

2 Likes

Gee, I am not detonating German, American, or any other nation’s ammo sometimes and I can look ahead of that and plan, 100mm AP absorbed, 90mm HEATFS, 125mm APFSDS. It’s not some unique problem lol.

It’s simply another classic moment showing the ignorance of the moderator. Actually they put everyting they denied to admit a “not a bug” tag and thinking this would solve the problem.

Ammunition of all in game tanks doesnt explode all the time. Ammunition in War thunder is modeled poorly.

1 Like