The SU-27SM might be the WORST top tier i have ever played

The first flight of the Su-27 was on May 20, 77.It was developed as a response to the FX program

5 Likes

It was started to develop as an answer for F-14 first in 1969, only after F-15 showed up they decided to claim it was also an answer for F-15.

Typical Soviets, cant even make first flight in 10 years while his enemies already started to use F-15.

No Su-27 was developed as a ПФИ promising front-line fighter, AS A RESPONSE TO the FX PROGRAM even before the appearance of the F-15
Why make an answer to the F-14 when the USSR does not have aircraft carriers?And all the main events unfolded in Western Europe

1 Like

FX program didnt even come to life until 1972 so what you’re claiming is basically nonsense.

The USA felt the need to develop the F-15 because it overestimated the capabilities of the Mig-25.

The first flight of the F-14 in 1970, the development of the Su-27 in 68, I do not see a connection here
Stop writing nonsense

Same can be Said about you.

You also claimed Su-27 developed for to counter F-15 while first fly of F-15 was 1972.

Stop writing nonsense.

FX Studies

April 1965 - FX studies begin. Air Force Systems Command studies end up recommending a 60,000lb VG design with air-air and air-ground capability.

December 1965 - RFP issued to 13 companies for concept formulation for a TSA (Tactical Support Aircraft)

March 1966 - 8 bids recieved. All were VG designs except Northrop. Boeing, North American Rockwell, Lockheed awarded contracts. Vought (V-483), McDonnell-Douglas (Model 199), Grumman (G-300?), Northrop make unsuccessful bids. McDonnell-Douglas carries on in-house studies on Model 199 from April to December 1966 without funding, as does Grumman. Rockwell work on a primary VG design and a second, higher risk blended fixed wing design, which seems to promise to make VG unnecessary. A closely related fixed wing design (NR-323) was submitted to the VFX competition, despite having little chance of succeeding, perhaps to gain experience for the FX program.

3 Likes

The Su-27 was originally developed as a response to the FX program, and while development was underway, the F-15 appeared

27 July 1972

The first F-15A flight was made on 27 July 1972 , with the first flight of the two-seat F-15B following in July 1973.

As you can see what you’re claiming is nonsense.

You’re writing bullshit right now.If you don’t know anything about the development of the Su-27 (and you really don’t know) Then I suggest you shut up

3 Likes

Ah Yes Soviets somehow learned every detail about FX program and they decided to develop something to counter in 1968, Meanwhile F-15 didnt made its first flight until 1972.

Intelligence, espionage, have you not heard?

Oh look our Soviet Fanboy got mad.

1 Like

Manners, educate and civilization, have you ever heard about them? No? Not surprised.

The MiG-29 is also the answer to the FX, because the competition was originally for one aircraft

What does this have to do with intelligence and espionage?

You need more hints Einstein?

🤨🤦🤦🤦🤦

I understand its too hard for you to understand what does bein civil and educated mean.

Dont worry i dont judge you since you believe Soviets/Russians were ahead of USA when it comes to developing Military Vehicles.

Mig-29 was an answer for F-16 in the first place.

Both vehicles are designed to be light frontline fighter while F-15 and Su-27 designed to be long range Air Superiorty fighters.