The snail hates you

Gaijin’s new patch nerfing rockets and small caliber bombs is typical of the snail. “The grind is so bad people are abusing the rocket bug to make the grind less unbearable and thereby ruining air RB… Let’s nerf rockets into the ground so they go back to using bombs and keep it so they can’t grind through the planes as quickly.” To summarize, I am not against fixing the rocket problem, but making bombs more viable by increasing their reward would make everyone happy. But no, can’t have people not hate the toxic grind, how else would they get frustrated enough to pay us obscene amounts of money?

11 Likes

Ah, another disinformation spam post.

5354 RP for 6 minutes, 53,540 RP per hour minimum for a rank 4 premium with premium account.
Bombing is fine.

The grind is fast, and you’d know this if you’ve played any MMO.
If War Thunder frustrates you, it’s cause you’re use to Battlefield’s progression system rather than MMO/free to play.

Bug exists
Gaijin fixes bug
Everyone starts screaming at gaijin for fixing said bug

15 Likes

Ah yes, what a great example, let’s show the stats to a plane that the post does not apply to as the Ju288 doesn’t have any damn rockets. And seeing as how you play the Ju288 your opinion is actually worthless, just like your contribution to any match it participates in. My post is specifically tailored towards high tier planes, you know…there where the rocket problem actually exists.

9 Likes

You referenced bombing BASES, which means using BOMBS, not rockets.
High “tier” planes use bombs as well.

2 Likes

i would say thats the maximum lmao

Nah, I stuck around longer in the match than I normally would’ve.

fair

Tell me, how many props do you see spamming 100+ rockets at enemy bases instead of contributing to the battle? Have you ever actually played a plane higher tier than your precious Ju288?

This is why you should look at playercards before making statements.

Spoiler

I used the 288 cause it’s fast to get a match done and provide evidence.

The exclusive aircraft that cannot bomb a base that was, was J35XS, which will finally force them to use their fighter as a fighter.
So as I said, use bombs. All aircraft capable of destroying bases have bombs to do that.

3 Likes

Nice way of filtering out all the premiums there. I did have a look at your player card and I’m at least glad the Ju288 is not the only premium you play. My issue is not against using bombs, its against how Gaijin “fixed” the rocket issue. They could have just as easily buffed bombs to make them better at getting RP, that way less people would use rockets and the players like me who aren’t willing to fork out a significant portion of my monthly salary other than the premium time I buy once a year or have hours a day to grind can still get to the higher BR planes. The J35XS example you so gladly gave, with a month of premium costs 10% of my monthly income, and I make more than twice the national average in my country

1 Like

Um… I sorted by rank, there’s no filtering period.
Rockets should’ve never been allowed to frag bases the way they did.
Zero aircraft in War Thunder need that ability.
Bombs gave equal RP to begin with.
It was a bug that rockets were doing too much damage.

If you bought an interceptor aircraft to use as a bomber, that is entirely your fault.
You know what I used my J35XS to do? Frag aircraft, exclusively. That’s its purpose.

1 Like

Wait, so there is a bug that rocket damage is exagerated, and the solution you propose is to buff bombs?

Really?

2 Likes

The only bomb I have issue with currently is the FAB-3000 not being able to frag a base despite having 1400kg of explosive mass.
Not enough people complain though.

NVM, I’m gonna do two custom matches to prove it and post a bug report.

Yes seriously

I still don’t understand our community.

How can someone in true honesty defend that 128 rockets with a combined explosive mass of 60 kg TNT have the same base killing power like bombs which need 25x that amount of TNT equivalent to get a base killed?

Does this really not sound strange to you guys?

We’re not talking about a difference of a few percent. It’s a factor of 25!!!

13 Likes

I think that’s part of the problem.

You don’t understand how people can be frustrated by the insane grind? I don’t understand how you don’t understand my issue here? It’s quite obvious, or at least I would have thought so but apparently not, that my post is aimed towards the grind, which is why, shockingly, it’s tagged with grind.

I am going to humour you and follow your example. Yes, 128 rockets with a combined explosive mass of less than 60kg of TNT is probably not going to completely destroy a base. That would be unrealistic. But bases have armour? How many military bases have you been on? I’ve been on 5 different ones and I have never seen a hanger or fuel tank or radar station or barracks or workshop with armour. In fact, the only armoured building I’ve ever been inside wasn’t a base, it was the South African Air Force headquarters building which is in a civilian area, not on a military base. I can tell you that 128 rockets would absolutely wreck the functionality of any base I’ve ever been on.

Your argument that rockets have to be realistic while at the same time the thing they were destroying isn’t is hypocritical.

Eh… back when I ran the Yak-28 and got close to 80,000 RP per hour bombing was nerfed cause a standard tech tree aircraft earning more than premiums? Not allowed.
Yak-28 BTW cannot destroy a base in one sortie.

Premiums of the same rank were getting about 70,000 - 80,000.
Now, one may say RP earnings in general should increase, especially for those of us that finished a tech tree.
With tech tree vehicles getting over 36,000 RP per hour from rank 3 onward [ground vehicles] with just a premium account. I think that’s fine.
Of course I’m use to far slower progression in countless games.
I also am decently good at math and figuring out ways to increase rewards in the rules of games.

1 Like

“People are so fixated on grind they will abuse bugs instead of learning how to play against other players”

Here, fixed that for you :)

4 Likes