The main reason why the game feels bad. Off top discussion

It’s hard to address something that doesn’t exist.

Those aren’t mechanics, those are bugs.

How much are you paid?

Enough discussing balance, technics, e.t.c. Basically, I created this topic to highlight the problems of economics, which is unrealistic to push through to developers using their tools.

You will not be allowed to do this by players without a life, for whom the economy is correct and have no problem, and by moderators who sit with same no life players in discord (for example)

That is good to read.

We are all just fans of mechanical engineering, and it is natural that we play the nation that we know best.

The funny part however is, that the guys in russia likely do not contribute as much money to the game (regional pricing) as the western ones. The company may not hear us, but they certainly hear, when our credit cards fall silent.

3 Likes

say, how can we take them out of their cave?

This game has been around for over a decade, people had more than enough time to vote with their credit cards, but I don’t see them fixing issues that have been brought up on this forum for years now.
I guess majority of customers that matter to them are fine with the game in it’s current state.

I can’t speak for your experience and credit card, but they certainly reacted every time they muted mine. And yes, the topic had been up in the old forum. And yes, it was fixed. And no, I don’t think my credit card alone was enough.

What is so bad about not wanting things for free as a life philosophy?

I was more talking about major issues that had countless threads about them both in old and new forum, while receiving close to zero improvements over the years.
Things like maps, MM, ODL, wide-spread bugs, inaccurately depicted vehicles, etc. You know what I’m trying to say.

1 Like

Why do you assume I have a problem with that?!

You said, you want to take them out of their cave.
I assumed, you didn’t mean this literally.

I don’t have a crystal ball nor do I hear voices. I only read text. So no. Inaccurately depicted vehicles are the least of my worries.

Good thing I’ve stated some well-known issues for you then.

It’s still a highly talked about topic on the forum in general, so it’s safe to say many people here have some grievances about that.

But whatever, you obviously missed what I was trying to say.

Interesting reading, but war thunder looks like any other free cheap mmo out there. The only difference is that you can see the transformation (since war thunder has 11 years)

All cheap free mmo has horrible economy ( to force to pay or infinite grind), all have op stuff (paywall or heavy grind), all have poor code.

According to the wiki, gaijin was fined in 2002, here you can also see what they developed Gaijin Entertainment - Wikipedia

I love x-blades haha Save 60% on X-Blades on Steam
X-Blades_Cover

PS : for some reason war thunder is a mega success, same as Pokemon go and lot of other stuff, it doesn’t mean its a 70$ AAA game

So just as it is with the loudest people in this Forum. Anti change, because they have no problem/ignore(are blind to) the problems (more likely).

Even a 0 costs change which would improve the gameplay/experience is denied, because “it is just a small issue”, as if a small issue is sth that needs no fixing.

I could have said “an hermetic bubble”, it is an image of a group of people isolated from the rest of the world, as described by mawrtl.

Do you mean the survbeys? Because those happaned around 3 weeks after the review bombing

Thats is a far jump. So you need to be an extremist to enjoy your countries tech? That would make every russian, chinese and every American an extremist, most germans, brits, french, sweeds and israelis as well.

It is not “Not wanting things for free” that is the issue.
It is “denieing others free things, because you do not like it”

One is a personal believe, the other is imposition on others because of your personal believes.

And the latter is what was described.

So you hyperfocus on the “don`t want stuff for free” part which came after they where called, what amounts to a “cave child” instead of the many points brought before, which actually lead to this classification. Like them having no live outside of WT, or them denying every request for change because they can not see the problem.

The part about not wanting “free stuff” is after all of that. Selective reading much?

No? Like WT had the same budget as WoWs and WoT (albeit both exceed WT now due to good buisness practices) WT is not a “cheap” MMO. It was an immediate success and made lost of money. It only fell behind its competition because of bad practices (excessive grind, P2W mechanics and Paywalls)
While WoWs reduced the grind to the point where you can finish an entire 4 Line TT in 4 weeks Wt increased the grind for a single Line from around 3 months to well over a Year.
WoWs Eu makes more money than all of Wt combined. Guess what people who play these kinds of games are huge whales if it comes to collecting stuff. Yet WT makes the collecting extreamly hard for no reason.
And there is non reason for the long grind. Sure Grind is needed to keep players occupied. No grind would be worse than a slighlty to hard grind, But in WT we have excessive grind. It demotivates players. All we know is that “less punishing grind” and “more open economy” (for experimentation and tinkering) are massively more sucessfull than “long grind” and “P2Progress via excessive grind”

3 Likes

The Special Form was opened the morning of May 18th, and the Afternoon of May 18th is when the review bombing started.

In short it mean Gaijin only listen to RU forums more than international forum? Well what i guess are correct it pretty much make sense where those ridiculous stuff came from